Page 3 of 17 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast

I thought Magneto looked horrible this issue 1 him shitting on God, 2 excessive violence against a fellow mutant you'd think he'd have the most compassion, 3 his whole sermon I found exhausting his whole God complex is draining hate to see that it's back.

And again Crucible is just so primitive to me.
    Last edited by Journey; 04-21-2021 at 11:57 AM.

Everything Fades Away... butterflykyss's Avatar

I really enjoyed to issue. welcome back Kurt.

and someone give magneto a stress ball lol.
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

Astonishing Member gonnagiveittoya's Avatar

Also gotta say they...really whitewashed the **** out of Loa over the years huh

Astonishing Member Lucyinthesky's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Journey View Post
    I thought Magneto looked horrible this issue 1 him shitting on God, 2 excessive violence against a fellow mutant you'd think he'd have the most compassion, 3 his whole sermon I found exhausting his whole God complex is draining hate to see that it's back.

Agreed, I just think the sermon was his way of taking Kurtīs joke on his past story but him making a point of mutants losing time fighthing between each other was on point, because they did more harm than good fighting for such a long time, still I feel this Magneto is too cartoonish compared to his other appareances.

I donīt think Magneto becoming a supporter of the Crucible makes sense, because after losing Genosha and the mutants post Inhuman gas he bacame quite sensitive about mutants dying around him so I donīt think him being ok with the crucible to this point quite makes sense, still, I was expecting this given his place of authority on Krakoa so it was not suprising, I was expecting to see him being put on an antagonist place without really being the antagonist, just wish it made more sense with his story. The constrats of him making a refuge for people on Island M one hand and beating to death a mutant woman to allow for her being "reborn" when he himself used to be depowered and sort of ok with it is staggering.Given the crucible exists supposely to bring back the powers of mutants after M-Day I would think he would feel more guilty than anything for the mere need of the crucible to exist in the first place, heīs not exactly warm but also heīs not Apocalypse when it comes to other people, this was a let down for me from an otherwise interesting issue because Kurt is actually making the questions I have been having on the ressurrection issue.

I also liked Kurt going to Ruthīs grave and Legion was revealed sooner than I thought, so I guess some question on precognitive mutants being unable to be brought again will have to be addressed next issue, Kurt will either discover Moiraīs and her fear of precognitive mutants or he will get his mind erased.
    Last edited by Lucyinthesky; 04-21-2021 at 12:04 PM.
    "To the X-men then, who donīt die the old fashioned way and no matter how hard we try, none of us die forever" Uncanny X-Men #270, Jean and Ororo

Magneto: The master of magnetism Appreciation 2022
    Polaris: The Mistress of Magnetism Appreciation 2022
    House of M Appreciation 2022

It is very in character he thinks of himself like god (he already said things like this twice) and also be very cruel.

crucible is very roman empire duels on the arena, pure violence to entertain people. Yeah it is very old and primitive

I thought Magneto looked horrible this issue 1 him shitting on God,
    Magneto shiting on a god humans created in their own image makes sense to me.
    Bringing back the old, killing the young: that's the Marvel way

Quote Originally Posted by mugiwara View Post
    Magneto shiting on a god humans created in their own image makes sense to me.
    makes sense, so it looks like he abandoned the jewish religion and culture

I'm not surprised Magneto was shitting on God I just didn't like it. & his God Complex coming back feels like regression him & his bald friend are setting themselves up for failure once again IMO.

Sigh I wish writers got a mind on this because while he has not been exactly devoted, he does have some feelings about his own religion and etnic background.

"To the X-men then, who donīt die the old fashioned way and no matter how hard we try, none of us die forever" Uncanny X-Men #270, Jean and Ororo

Spurrier once again is doing a great job with X-Books. He helped me look at Krakoan society in a new way with the emerging attitudes that would come with having an island full of mutants that are following resurrection protocols/the Crucible.

I also clapped my hands excitedly when Legion showed up.

Extraordinary Member

I can't believe I could not figure out who was in that opening scene with the creepy eyes and the word "betrayer", with Charles even looking at a baby picture. It was bugging me the whole issue, although I only noticed the baby picture when I went back to reread that scene. When he was talking to Kurt about Omega level mutants it still took a bit to sink in. Even knowing Spurrier had wrote Legion. I do really appreciate this book.

I was excited for this book and I’m so glad it didn’t disappoint.
    So many questions being brought up that the fans have been asking about, hope some of them get answered. I really felt what Nightcrawler was going through and how lonely his struggle is.

I was surprised and a little horrified by the brutality of pixies death and the death in the crucible, and making the crucible all the more tragic because Kurt didn’t understand what the mutant asked of him and she faced Magneto instead (I don’t think Kurt would have agreed to it if he had known though).

I’m glad death is being portrayed this way, treating death like it’s next to nothing has been bothering me since the resurrection protocols were a thing.
    And we get a good sense of this growing (and dangerous) culture forming on the island.

Some funny moments too, liking the Mags statue, nice horns. And I can’t explain it, but Kurt and the Dr standing amongst a crowd of mutants projectile puking was both funny and gross. Guess all those years on the trapeze really paid off.

Dr nemesis is fun, not sure exactly what his motivations are or if it’s going to help or hinder Kurt but their dynamic will certainly be interesting.

My money is still out on the identity of the patchwork man, not sure it’s who we think it is yet.

Quote Originally Posted by Lucyinthesky View Post
    Agreed, I just think the sermon was his way of taking Kurtīs joke on his past story but him making a point of mutants losing time fighthing between each other was on point, because they did more harm than good fighting for such a long time, still I feel this Magneto is too cartoonish compared to his other appareances.

I donīt think Magneto becoming a supporter of the Crucible makes sense, because after losing Genosha and the mutants post Inhuman gas he bacame quite sensitive about mutants dying around him so I donīt think him being ok with the crucible to this point quite makes sense, still, I was expecting this given his place of authority on Krakoa so it was not suprising, I was expecting to see him being put on an antagonist place without really being the antagonist, just wish it made more sense with his story. The constrats of him making a refuge for people on Island M one hand and beating to death a mutant woman to allow for her being "reborn" when he himself used to be depowered and sort of ok with it is staggering.Given the crucible exists supposely to bring back the powers of mutants after M-Day I would think he would feel more guilty than anything for the mere need of the crucible to exist in the first place, heīs not exactly warm but also heīs not Apocalypse when it comes to other people, this was a let down for me from an otherwise interesting issue because Kurt is actually making the questions I have been having on the ressurrection issue.

I also liked Kurt going to Ruthīs grave and Legion was revealed sooner than I thought, so I guess some question on precognitive mutants being unable to be brought again will have to be addressed next issue, Kurt will either discover Moiraīs and her fear of precognitive mutants or he will get his mind erased.
    I’m not sure Magneto was meant to take on the role in the book and maybe someone had to fill in when storylines changed. A while ago we had a cover that sort of implied Nightcrawler would be morally facing off against apocalypse which I think would have made a much better foil for Kurt when questioning the ethics and purpose of the crucible.

Astonishing Member

The casual way Pixie and company treated dying made me go WTF.

Magneto was being a hypocrite as usual.

Crucible was always sketchy, but it feels like the brutality went up since Apocalypse left.

I think Patchwork Man has nothing to do with Legion.

Quote Originally Posted by Proxy View Post
    I’m not sure Magneto was meant to take on the role in the book and maybe someone had to fill in when storylines changed. A while ago we had a cover that sort of implied Nightcrawler would be morally facing off against apocalypse which I think would have made a much better foil for Kurt when questioning the ethics and purpose of the crucible.
    Agreed, I remember that issue, I just wish they didnīt turn Mags into a proto-apocalypse in his place to make a point when he himself should have serious questions about the crucible.

I liked the question of it, in fact I think Kurt should have been stronger in his condemnation of it, make a proposal to the Council for example, now that Apocalypse is gone and from Magneto I would have expected a reflection on the mere need of the crucible given itīs a twisted way to solve the decimation situation, which brings back memories of HoM, Wanda, his own faith and his past, so yes I feel let down but I will see where Spurrier goes with Ruth, Legion and Kurt, I think they will be the main characters going forward in his book.