Page 12 of 17 FirstFirst ... 28910111213141516 ... LastLast
    Astonishing Member gonnagiveittoya's Avatar

One thing I do like about Crucible is the idea of inviting someone else to do it. Much better than just throwing everyone against the wall that is Apocalypse.

Very strong first issue, diving into the juicy questions of this status quo. I'm sure someone who actually knows something about philosophy could draw parallels to Thus Spoke Zarathustra.

Quote Originally Posted by Paragon View Post
    He also mentioned Mercury.
    Sweet, the trend of Mercury showing up in Nightcrawler books continues! I can imagine she'd have a unique perspective on Krakoa because of her non-biological physiology.

Astonishing Member ohsnapulon5000's Avatar

SHUT UP YOU INGRATES! I just found out HERR DAZZLER is playing a major role in this book and finally the Age of Krakoa is LIT AF!!! I love u Si Spurrydaddy!

Couple of things I forgot to mention earlier:

Dr. Nemesis says, "In the absence of a truly remarkable mind expander to rapture us all out of this pigsty of a dimension..."

This is too specific to be a throwaway line. Is this the endgame for mutants? And is Legion the one to usher in the rapture? I have a feeling it's David and not Kurt that will be leading the new "religion."

Also, if David isn't the Patchwork Man, could it be...

LUCA ALDINE?!

-Pav, who'd love to see his return...
    You were Spider-Man then. You and Peter had agreed on it. But he came back right when you started feeling comfortable.
    You know what it means when he comes back

"You're not the better one, Peter. You're just older."
    --------------------
    Closet full of comics? Consider donating to my school! DM for details

Quote Originally Posted by ohsnapulon5000 View Post
    SHUT UP YOU INGRATES! I just found out HERR DAZZLER is playing a major role in this book and finally the Age of Krakoa is LIT AF!!! I love u Si Spurrydaddy!
    Wouldn't that be Fraulein Dazzler?

Quote Originally Posted by Doom'nGloom View Post
    I don't buy this whole "conquering death" rhetoric as it literally hinges on 5 specific mutants. If somehow Goldballs gets killed what then?
    Um he gets resurrected
    GrindrStone(D)

Astonishing Member gonnagiveittoya's Avatar

I think the point is that the immortality basically only lasts as long as the five can use their powers to being people back, making them a weak point if they're attacked and someone manages to kill one or more of them

Quote Originally Posted by BroHomo View Post
    Um he gets resurrected
    How? He's the only one of the Five they don't have a back-up for. There is no Five without him unless Synch or Rogue can manage to copy him just before he dies.

Quote Originally Posted by BroHomo View Post
    Um he gets resurrected
    Unless there are no eggs around. It is a process which can be disrupted easily if an attacker knows who to target. I feel like some mutants are far too careless about their lives because of resurrection and it's gonna blow up on their faces sooner or later.

Unless there are no eggs around. It is a process which can be disrupted easily if an attacker knows who to target. I feel like some mutants are far too careless about their lives because of resurrection and it's gonna blow up on their faces sooner or later.

Quote Originally Posted by TheRealWashout View Post
    How? He's the only one of the Five they don't have a back-up for. There is no Five without him unless Synch or Rogue can manage to copy him just before he dies.
    Think about it for a second. Why would they wait for the Five to die before they make husks for them? We already know that there are several Xavier husks in stasis ready for Proteus. It only makes sense that there are backup husks for the remaining Five should they need a body

Quote Originally Posted by gonnagiveittoya View Post
    I think the point is that the immortality basically only lasts as long as the five can use their powers to being people back, making them a weak point if they're attacked and someone manages to kill one or more of them
    If any of them die, Xavier and/or Jean use Cerebro to bring them back via the backup husks
    Last edited by Havok83; 04-23-2021 at 01:19 PM.

BANNED

Don’t be such a Wanda is low key iconic.

Sorry.

Astonishing Member ohsnapulon5000's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by the illustrious mr. kenway View Post
    Wouldn't that be Fraulein Dazzler?
    How do you say “Master of PowerPop Metal”? In German?

Um, Meister des Power-Pop Metal?
    "Kids don't care **** about superhero comic books. And if they do, they probably start with manga, with One Punch-Man or My Hero Academia. " -ImOctavius.

Meister des PowerPop Metal “?

According to Google Translate.

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    Think about it for a second. Why would they wait for the Five to die before they make husks for them? We already know that there are several Xavier husks in stasis ready for Proteus. It only makes sense that there are backup husks for the remaining Five should they need a body

If any of them die, Xavier and/or Jean use Cerebro to bring them back via the backup husks
    Get a virus on the cerebro back ups and it is over

I don't buy this whole "conquering death" rhetoric as it literally hinges on 5 specific mutants. If somehow Goldballs gets killed what then? Young mutants goading Pixie into suicide is absolutely disgusting even if it is temporary. I'm glad Nightcrawler is the one questioning this whole madness. This is a great start, easily 10/10.
    They are just cheating death
    Last edited by Rang10; 04-23-2021 at 02:55 PM.