Page 4 of 17 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Journey View Post
    I thought Magneto looked horrible this issue 1 him shitting on God, 2 excessive violence against a fellow mutant you'd think he'd have the most compassion, 3 his whole sermon I found exhausting his whole God complex is draining hate to see that it's back.

And again Crucible is just so primitive to me.
    It’s funny because in today’s issue of SWORD he makes a fool out of a character trying to assert mutant dominance. Comes with the territory of having multiple writers, and it didn’t really hurt my enjoyment of either story.

This was a lot more dramatic than I anticipated and I'm here for it. Excellent topics/questions brought up and Legion has arrived.
    "Danielle... I intend to do something rash and violent." - Betsy Braddock
    Krakoa, Arakko, and Otherworld forever!

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Kingdom X View Post
    It’s funny because in today’s issue of SWORD he makes a fool out of a character trying to assert mutant dominance. Comes with the territory of having multiple writers, and it didn’t really hurt my enjoyment of either story.
    He made a fool out of a character that he absolutely despises. It was personal, not philosophical. Magneto's view of mutants being dominant is established pretty early in Hickmans run.

Astonishing Member Lucyinthesky's Avatar

When he said that phrase "We are your gods now" it was right after an agent was send to kill off Xavier so he went instead of Charles at the meeting,he personally agreed with Jean when she proposed the "Kill No Man" rule, gave a refuge to people during the King in Black crisis and right before Hickmanīs run he was around stopping plots by Ms Sinister to forcibly change humans into mutants while killing them in the process, he even made Exodus help to stop this plan, so no, he definitely doesnīt have been sharing that mindset for a long time, not even when he initialy meet Cortez, because right when he meet him he had rescued some russian astronauts as well as the acolytes because they were fighting right outside asteroid M.

But I agree that with Cortez itīs both a difference in phylosophy as well as a personal point, because Cortez conspired to kill him twice as part of a tournament with the Upstars group and also endangered his grandaughter to protect himself from exodus and Cortez clearly thought Magneto was going to fall again into his manipulations so Erik used the Council meeting agaist him to prove him a point.
    Last edited by Lucyinthesky; 04-21-2021 at 01:09 PM.
    "To the X-men then, who donīt die the old fashioned way and no matter how hard we try, none of us die forever" Uncanny X-Men #270, Jean and Ororo

Magneto: The master of magnetism Appreciation 2022
    Polaris: The Mistress of Magnetism Appreciation 2022
    House of M Appreciation 2022

Quote Originally Posted by cranger View Post
    He made a fool out of a character that he absolutely despises. It was personal, not philosophical. Magneto's view of mutants being dominant is established pretty early in Hickmans run.
    It's classic regression but that's a vast majority of what the Hickman era is built on.

This is the book I've been needing since HoX/PoX. Finally a POV character that isn't completely bought in and can identify, if not quite voice, some of the inherent problems baked into Krakoa. Great finally seeing Ruth mentioned here. Can't wait for the next issue.

It's classic regression but that's a vast majority of what the Hickman era is built on.
    Don't be such a Wanda

Astonishing Member Lucyinthesky's Avatar

Agreed on the regression part for Magneto so I was happy to read SWORD today to make up for this but I donīt think Hickmanīs own story is regressive on itself but it definitely is lacking on the character work to make some of the situations make sense, for example the crucible, I would have expected to see Kurt and other X-men even Magneto to protest this proposal by Apocalypse or at least change it once he was gone, because itīs quite a terrible way to deal with decimation. I hope at the very least this comic brings a completely different way to solve it because it doesnīt sit well that is an example of "mutant culture" violence and self harm to belong itīs not and should not be part of culture
    Last edited by Lucyinthesky; 04-21-2021 at 01:29 PM.
    "To the X-men then, who donīt die the old fashioned way and no matter how hard we try, none of us die forever" Uncanny X-Men #270, Jean and Ororo

Magneto: The master of magnetism Appreciation 2022
    Polaris: The Mistress of Magnetism Appreciation 2022
    House of M Appreciation 2022

I guess I’ll say what I’ve said in the other day about this issue. 10 out of 10. 5 Stars. Best Book of the Hickman era and it’s not even close. It destroys the rest of them.

I've been waiting YEARS for this.

If it's not Spurrier's Legion then, I don't want it.
    The Krakoans are EEEvil!

THEY MUST BE STOPPED!

Quote Originally Posted by Outburstz View Post
    Don't be such a Wanda
    Unbothered & Untouchable?

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by cranger View Post
    I can't believe I could not figure out who was in that opening scene with the creepy eyes and the word "betrayer", with Charles even looking at a baby picture. It was bugging me the whole issue, although I only noticed the baby picture when I went back to reread that scene. When he was talking to Kurt about Omega level mutants it still took a bit to sink in. Even knowing Spurrier had wrote Legion. I do really appreciate this book.
    Don't feel bad. I was thinking Shadow King until about 2/3rds of the way through.

Great issue and probably a great run coming up. Very happy I bought this.

Y’all just be saying stuff huh lmao. Objectively false.

Quote Originally Posted by Kurisu View Post
    Y’all just be saying stuff huh lmao. Objectively false.
    It's my opinion & for the most part It's true tell me how otherwise.

A bitter New Warriors fan MitchFox's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    The Crucible here under Magneto was brutal and seemed excessive in its violence. Apocalypse kill seemed far less gratuitous
    Quote Originally Posted by AJpyro View Post
    If I recall, Apoc was just an unmovable wall that mutants fought till their last breath. Mags is like Bastion or Super Sentinel Bearing dwn on them.

Like Apoc was the inevitable death while Mags was Death being Forced like Murder.

Don't forget Storm's match with Callisto at the Crucible in one issue of Marauders. Unlike Apocalypse and Magneto, at least Storm gave Callisto a quick and merciful death by lightning strike to the heart even though she's supposed to be the compassionate one.
    Tumblr: http://oxymitch.tumblr.com/

MITCH'S FAVOURITES - Speedball, Justice (Vance Astrovik), Gambit, Jubilee, Rogue, Wiccan, Speed, Quasar (Wendell Vaughn), Quicksilver, She-Hulk, Cosmo