Page 5 of 17 FirstFirst 12345678915 ... LastLast

Great first issue! It took them long enough to start addressing the disturbing aspects of Krakoa. I will be getting the upcoming issues for sure.

Quote Originally Posted by Dante Milton View Post
    The two Crucible matches seem equally brutal to me, the only real difference between the two was the framing and the fact that Aero was more able bodied than Lost is.
    Yeah, I don't see a difference in the two Crucibles either. I found it wrong and overly violent then and now. It made me laugh at Xavier's line about the "upgraded morality" of mutants. Yeah sorry, any culture that has a gladiatorial bloodsport arena is not upgraded in its morality, I don't care if the they are revived after it. Same with having a "pit" for its rulebreakers.

This issue also made me question the whole reason for the Crucible in the first place, in that it was meant to prevent former mutants from committing suicide and overloading the queue, while in the meantime you have mutants killing themselves for the funsies or due to peer pressure.

Quote Originally Posted by AppleJ View Post
    This is the book I've been needing since HoX/PoX. Finally a POV character that isn't completely bought in and can identify, if not quite voice, some of the inherent problems baked into Krakoa. Great finally seeing Ruth mentioned here. Can't wait for the next issue.
    Yes, I agree with all of this. Vita and Spurrier should have been brought on from the beginning and these questions and the skepticism of more characters should have been addressed a lot sooner.

Astonishing Member Su_Whisterfield's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by MitchFox View Post
    Don't forget Storm's match with Callisto at the Crucible in one issue of Marauders. Unlike Apocalypse and Magneto, at least Storm gave Callisto a quick and merciful death by lightning strike to the heart even though she's supposed to be the compassionate one.
    Which I think is what the mutant in this issue wanted from Kurt, the kindly one.

Astonishing Member useridgoeshere's Avatar

If the Council wanted to make death matter, change the resurrection rules that if you don't die in a sanctioned action in service of Krakoa, you go to the back of the line. There are still around 17 million folks to go between Genosha and Wanda's victims, so see you death seekers in somewhere between 10 to 300 years.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by MitchFox View Post
    Don't forget Storm's match with Callisto at the Crucible in one issue of Marauders. Unlike Apocalypse and Magneto, at least Storm gave Callisto a quick and merciful death by lightning strike to the heart even though she's supposed to be the compassionate one.
    True. Which is why mutants usually get to choose their opponents I imagine there are a bunch of depowered mutants who wouldn't want to face off against Magneto.

Quote Originally Posted by useridgoeshere View Post
    If the Council wanted to make death matter, change the resurrection rules that if you don't die in a sanctioned action in service of Krakoa, you go to the back of the line. There are still around 17 million folks to go between Genosha and Wanda's victims, so see you death seekers in somewhere between 10 to 300 years.
    That's what I thought it already was.
    The Krakoans are EEEvil!

THEY MUST BE STOPPED!

Holy

Crap guys.

As a HUGE nightcrawler fan for life and less importantly a man of faith myself thus issue was easily one of my favorites to come out of Hix men for a LONG time. Holy cow.

Im blown away they actually referenced Blindfolds suicide from the previous run when almost everyone else was pretending none of that even happened.

Holy cow. I am IN im so in.

My ONLY complaint is that Magneto was written as a reddit atheist douchebag which seemed a little out of character even for him
    Last edited by Toonstrack; 04-21-2021 at 02:06 PM.

One thing I found kinda odd about Kurt’s conversation with Doctor Nemesis is that he seemed to be at a loss of a response for him questioning him about God. Kurt’s canonically been to Heaven so how is he at a loss there?

Quote Originally Posted by useridgoeshere View Post
    Something like this, also no foolish death on missions like pixie did. She shouldn't had come back to life so fast after that

Quote Originally Posted by Journey View Post
    I'm not surprised Magneto was shitting on God I just didn't like it. & his God Complex coming back feels like regression him & his bald friend are setting themselves up for failure once again IMO.
    What is the count up right now?

Spectacular Member

Enjoyable issue. Just one issue in and there is definitely a need for what ever theology Kurt is going to be creating. The cavalier attitude that was shown towards death in this issue was scary to see. It does make you wonder just what kind of a society would arise if there was no fear of death and actions had little consequence.

The return of Legion was a nice touch. Glad to see that not every evil mutant has drunk the Krakoan punch and turned over a new leaf. Can't wait to see what kind of trouble he will stir up.

I think the Patchwork man is going to be a new creature and not just a manifestation of Legion. I am hoping for it to be from another realm that has been lured to Krakoa because of the resurrection protocols. Pixie's first sighting is after she is resurrected and it seems that only those that have been resurrected know about him. Cosmic entities tend to push back when you mess with their cosmic plans.

Curious how much of a role Dr. Nemesis will be having and if we will also be learning any more about the many courses and teachings he was inventing. Some of them sounded quite intesting though I think he might need a few more fellow teachers.

Quote Originally Posted by Kurolegacy View Post
    One thing I found kinda odd about Kurt’s conversation with Doctor Nemesis is that he seemed to be at a loss of a response for him questioning him about God. Kurt’s canonically been to Heaven so how is he at a loss there?
    Not even just that but God literallg exist in the MU, it has been confirmed multiple times. I am wondering if that will be addressed but I'm kinds hoping it doesn't. Nightcrasler isn't really portrayed as questioning his faith here and I don't think he should, that feels like a cop out rather than answering the questions about what leads a person to such a belief and how they react to a changing world.

Quote Originally Posted by cranger View Post
    I can't believe I could not figure out who was in that opening scene with the creepy eyes and the word "betrayer", with Charles even looking at a baby picture. It was bugging me the whole issue, although I only noticed the baby picture when I went back to reread that scene. When he was talking to Kurt about Omega level mutants it still took a bit to sink in. Even knowing Spurrier had wrote Legion. I do really appreciate this book.
    But what is this betrayal? Is it a betrayal of ideals? Of family? Of friends? And who or what is the patchwork man? I mean is it a stray personality from Legion? Legion himself?

Quote Originally Posted by Kurolegacy View Post
    I have two guesses.
    1: the x office deems this plot line moot and it cannot be spoken of (most likely theory)
    2: Kurt has been to heaven and is immortal. His only resurrection happened after his body disintegrated so it couldn’t heal. Xavier made him forget (more interesting but very unlikely).

Who were the two at the bar? The guy looked especially familiar.
    TO KNOW HER IS TO FEAR HER: JESSICA DREW THE SPIDER-WOMAN
    BE SURE TO CHECK OUT THE NEW 2024 SPIDER-WOMAN SERIES by STEVE FOXE!!!

MISSING:
    Synch's Aura
    Northstar and Aurora's shiny hair
    Spider-Woman’s cowl costume

Quote Originally Posted by Basilisk View Post
    Enjoyable issue. Just one issue in and there is definitely a need for what ever theology Kurt is going to be creating. The cavalier attitude that was shown towards death in this issue was scary to see. It does make you wonder just what kind of a society would arise if there was no fear of death and actions had little consequence.

The return of Legion was a nice touch. Glad to see that not every evil mutant has drunk the Krakoan punch and turned over a new leaf. Can't wait to see what kind of trouble he will stir up.

I think the Patchwork man is going to be a new creature and not just a manifestation of Legion. I am hoping for it to be from another realm that has been lured to Krakoa because of the resurrection protocols. Pixie's first sighting is after she is resurrected and it seems that only those that have been resurrected know about him. Cosmic entities tend to push back when you mess with their cosmic plans.

Curious how much of a role Dr. Nemesis will be having and if we will also be learning any more about the many courses and teachings he was inventing. Some of them sounded quite intesting though I think he might need a few more fellow teachers.
    In Marvel we know death is not just a concept but that there is an actual personification of it in Lady Death (or just Death to the vast majority), we know she exists, we know that she thinks and feels, we've seen her take steps to ensure her existence and anonymity save for those who have earned her favor such as Thanos and Deadpool. So my question is, and i know odds are pretty low for this, is it possible she suddenly appears one day before Krakoa and tells all mutants something like "I have had enough of your mockery, your derision, your evasions of me...time to remind you why you should fear and respect me." and boom kills a number of them and makes sure it sticks? I mean can it really be called life if they do not fear death?