Amazing Member

Default Experiencing the whole DC Universe or Marvel Universe in chronological order

I've been thinking about doing this but I'm worried that since there are dozens of comic series published every year, experiencing an entire universe in chronological order will require switching from Character A's adventures to Character B's adventures to Character C's adventures and all the way to Character Z's adventures. So by the time I get back to Character A, I may have forgotten the details of Character A's last story arc.

Is there anyone here who reads all of the DC Universe or Marvel Universe comics published each year? Do you manage to keep all the different stories straight in your head or do you find yourself having to re-read stuff you've already read to refresh your memory?

Extraordinary Member CaptainEurope's Avatar

I have been enjoying this blog by somebody reading the entire Marvel universe from the Silver Age on:

https://cokeandcomics.com/reading-order/

Amazing Member

It would be pretty easy for the 1960s comics because most of the stories were self-contained and there weren't as many series during that period. But how would he manage for the serialized and event-heavy comics of the 1990s or 2000s?

I started this awhile back. it is a massive project and my problem is I really love the 60's Marvel so I keep starting over.

I created a read list which has a break down of each issue that came out each month. I am up to 1974 for Marvel and 1976 for Dc. One thing I saw is that while I love the Silver age for Marvel and Dc I also wanted to read newer stuff. So I created read lists for Silver age and more modern stuff and rotate between the two. So days I read Silver Age others More modern stuff and ultimate line stuff.
    This Post Contains No Artificial Intelligence. It Contains No Human Intelligence Either.