Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2345678 LastLast
    Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar

Time to tally the votes!

1 vote each: Ajax_X, babyblob, CaptCleghorn, CaptainEurope, ChadH, Englehart Humperdinck, Iron Maiden, MRP, Nschornhorst, nx01a, Riv86672, Scott Taylor, seismic-2, Stony, WestPhillyPunisher
    2 votes each: Kirby101, K7P5V, Ravin' Ray, Shalla Bal

and our winner with three votes---TAMI!!

As usual, if anyone wants to double check my tally, feel free!
    Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!

Congratulations Tami!

Congratulations, Tami!
    “Strength is the lot of but a few privileged men; but austere perseverance, harsh and continuous, may be employed by the smallest of us and rarely fails of its purpose, for its silent power grows irresistibly greater with time.” Goethe

I was not expecting this, but thank you everyone, and thanks to those who gave me the winning votes.

Now, which idea should I go with for the next contest? Almost tempted to go with the Fake Covers idea, only I'm not sure if it is appropriate.

Torm between several ideas, trying to decide which one everyone would enjoy the most. Which one to go with.

I'll need some time to think on this, but I'll have a new contest up sometime today.
    Last edited by Tami; 04-28-2021 at 06:40 AM.
    Original join date: 11/23/2004
    Eclectic Connoisseur of all things written, drawn, or imaginatively created.

Congratulations Tami, and thanks to Zelena for the mention!
    «Speaking generally, it is because of the desire of the tragic poets for the marvellous that so varied and inconsistent an account of Medea has been given out» (Diodorus Siculus, The Library of History [4.56.1])

Congrats to Tami. And thanks to the two Captains for their votes.
    There came a time when the Old Gods died! The Brave died with the Cunning! The Noble perished locked in battle with unleashed Evil! It was the last day for them! An ancient era was passing in fiery holocaust!

Astonishing Member OopsIdiditagain's Avatar

congrats Tami!
    december 21st has passed where are my superpowers?

Thanks. New contest is up, I hope everyone enjoys it.
    Original join date: 11/23/2004
    Eclectic Connoisseur of all things written, drawn, or imaginatively created.

Invincible Member

Congrats, Tami!

Ooooo, K7P5V I feel I kept you from getting into the drama of a runoff vote, my bad.

This weeks contest rings something true to me as a longtime collector. If you had told the me from 1990 in the middle of my first wave or even when I left the hobby and came back in early to mid 2000's. Something as contrite as purchasing a comic cover strictly on the basis of, the color of a dress no less, would have been laughably ludicrous.

NOW, that I'm nearing the end of the ride, I WISH I was grabbing the types of books I'm into now that I thought little off in the past. Most of this is hindsight but I collect certain romance comics, I collect certain Charlton comics and I have gotten things I wouldn't have been hip to if not for other collectors. I think red dress covers are dope. There was an IG follow I used to have that was pretty serious about wedding covers another was serious about playing card covers, man I would have never thought. Anyway, shoutout to the community.

Quote Originally Posted by nx01a View Post
    K7P5V! That art is really good. Who is the artist?
    Special mention to Surf for the black couple in the background.
    Right on, that's not my copy but I have one. Those that know, know but romance comics with Black people on the cover foreground is not something that happened. If it did, at best it was a single female, usually a nurse but anytime a Black couple was in the background was an indicator there was a story with Black characters on the inside. I have 1 or 2 where that didn't happen, a Girl's Love Stories is one off the top of my head I remember didn't but that was a kind of a code. Oddly enough Marvel never even put them in the background, that was all a DC thing.
    Beefing up the old home security, huh?
    You bet yer ass.

Quote Originally Posted by Surf View Post
    Blob and K7P5V were my favs this week.

Shoutout to wpp and wbe's

babyblob by a single shell casing.
    I also liked babyblob's entry, but went with K7P5V because on that cover, the red dress was more front-and-center and to me really stood out.

Quote Originally Posted by MajorHoy View Post
    I also liked babyblob's entry, but went with K7P5V because on that cover, the red dress was more front-and-center and to me really stood out.
    I can dig that, it's front and center was big strong. My petty ass felt that the hair looked kinda goofy on K7's cover and at least BB's had the red dress putting in some work.
    Beefing up the old home security, huh?
    You bet yer ass.

Congrats to Tami and thank you for the vote, Shalla Bal! A vote for the Kidney Lady is a vote for kidney health, always.
    Every day is a gift, not a given right.

Congratulations to Tami!

And thanks to both MajorHoy & nx01a for the votes.

Also, thanks to Surf for the mention.

Latverian ambassador Iron Maiden's Avatar

Congratulations to Tami

... and thanks for your vote Scott Taylor! There was sure a wide spectrum of votes which is good because there are many good entries!