Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 345678 LastLast

Congratulations to Tami for a wonderful cover. The woman in a dress in incentive for many, MANY stories. A fine, simple basic design was instrumental in it winning the vote this week.

The peak of the week where the captain states what he has learned from this week's contest is as follows: Red dresses inspire men (and some women as well). Trust me, inspire is the most appropriate word I have at present. Now, the captain is a sartorially challenged individual and fashion has been a concept forever foreign to him. But he does like red dresses. The color red pulls our eyes to it; it grabs our attention on either a busy, or sparsely decorated cover. Plus, the dress is usually on an attractive woman. Win Win might apply here. But you get the message.

Thanks to icctrombone for the appreciated vote.
    I’ll don the mask and wear the cape
    If I am super, how can I wait?

Great Job Tami!
    Thank you Surf for the vote
    This Post Contains No Artificial Intelligence. It Contains No Human Intelligence Either.

Yay, Tami!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by The General, JLA #38
    'Why?' Just to see the disappointment on your corn-fed, gee-whiz face, Superman. And because a great dark voice on the edge of nothing spoke to me and said you all had to die. There is no 'Why?'

Congrats Tami.

Sorry I wasn't around for the voting/tallying, I wound up going to the ER Sunday morning and was admitted, just got home earlier today.

Great covers all, and I will be going through this in a day or so when I have the chance to note all of the covers.

-M
    Comic fans get the comics their buying habits deserve.

"Opinion is the lowest form of human knowledge. It requires no accountability, no understanding." -Plato

Quote Originally Posted by MRP View Post
    Congrats Tami.

Sorry I wasn't around for the voting/tallying, I wound up going to the ER Sunday morning and was admitted, just got home earlier today.

Great covers all, and I will be going through this in a day or so when I have the chance to note all of the covers.

-M
    ER? Oh dear, I hope you'll be alright.
    Original join date: 11/23/2004
    Eclectic Connoisseur of all things written, drawn, or imaginatively created.

Astonishing Member

Oh dear. Rest up and recover fully! I hope you will enjoy seeing all the red dresses, and even if you don't discover any new ones for your collection, then perhaps many of them will at least bring back fond memories of when you first saw them.

It should be noted that there was no Rex the Wonder Dog entry this week. This is perhaps to be expected, since Rex has a bit of trouble with recognizing red dresses.

. . . Sorry I wasn't around for the voting/tallying, I wound up going to the ER Sunday morning and was admitted
    That doesn't sound good.

just got home earlier today.
    Hopefully a relatively short stay means you're better now.

Sorry I wasn't around for the voting/tallying, I wound up going to the ER Sunday morning and was admitted, just got home earlier today. -M
    I hope all is well friend!
    This Post Contains No Artificial Intelligence. It Contains No Human Intelligence Either.

Congratulations Tami.

Thanks for your vote WBE.

Hang in there MRP.
    The Cover Contest Weekly Winners ThreadSo much winning!!

"When fascism comes to America it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying a cross." - Sinclair Lewis

“It’s your party and you can cry if you want to.” - Captain Europe

Congrats Tami.

-M
    My best wishes go out to you and I'm very glad you're home. Please take care!
    I’ll don the mask and wear the cape
    If I am super, how can I wait?

Take care, and hope you're on the mend!
    «Speaking generally, it is because of the desire of the tragic poets for the marvellous that so varied and inconsistent an account of Medea has been given out» (Diodorus Siculus, The Library of History [4.56.1])

Sorry to hear that man, take care.
    Beefing up the old home security, huh?
    You bet yer ass.

Thanks for the well wishes all. I had a blockage in my intestines due to a hernia. I am doing better now but I still have to manage the hernia moving forward as I am not a candidate for surgical repair for it (due to past hernia surgeries). So home and doing better but facing some lifestyle and employment changes.

-M
    Comic fans get the comics their buying habits deserve.

"Opinion is the lowest form of human knowledge. It requires no accountability, no understanding." -Plato

Congrats Tami ... and I hope feel better soon, MRP

And thanks Stony and Ravin' Ray for the votes for that classic Classic Comics comic (try saying that 10 times quickly) , by the one and only Matt Baker!
    Last edited by Shalla Bal; 04-29-2021 at 08:33 AM.

Astonishing Member

So sorry to hear of your medical difficulties, MRP. Here's a lady in a red dress who wishes you all the best as you progress through recovery and future treatment.