Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Cortez can be added to the list of disgruntled mutants on Krakoa.

How bloody great is Khora though, eh?

The Fabian parts have been great but really, I don't care at all for those lizards and their Snarkwar.

This book remains at the top.

It's good to see at least one writer acknowledging the potential of the blank slate Arakko and none better than Ewing.

There's just this certain impact Cortez has when he says flatscan. Can't be replicated.
    The Krakoans are EEEvil!

THEY MUST BE STOPPED!

Peeper for the Quiet Council!

Quote Originally Posted by Glio View Post
    The Fabian parts have been great but really, I don't care at all for those lizards and their Snarkwar.
    I think that is kind of a trigger? Doing stuff like this, I can see Brand collinding with the Guardians soon.

Extraordinary Member Master of Sound's Avatar

Can someone explain what Snark War was? I did not get it.
    "COURAGE, DON'T YOU DARE LET ME DOWN"
    ==================================================
    ==================================================

Astonishing Member Lucyinthesky's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by guy_gardner View Post
    Peeper for the Quiet Council!
    Agreed his input was on point.

Quote Originally Posted by Master of Sound View Post

It was a war that began after someone killed the king of the Snarkīs, this made all of the possible succesors fight each other until there was a king left who could keep power and rule over them again, it was referenced by Brand on the first SWORD issue.
    Last edited by Lucyinthesky; 04-21-2021 at 01:46 PM.
    "To the X-men then, who donīt die the old fashioned way and no matter how hard we try, none of us die forever" Uncanny X-Men #270, Jean and Ororo

Magneto: The master of magnetism Appreciation 2022
    Polaris: The Mistress of Magnetism Appreciation 2022
    House of M Appreciation 2022

I picked this one up and didn't regret it. It was great seeing Fabian and other Acolytes back again.

Spectacular Member

This was one of my favorite issues by far. Cortez got his moment in front of the council and was totally put in his place. Though it was a little harsh and I am sure will come back to bite the council it was enjoyable to read. Plus as an added bonus we finally have the inclusion of an Arkkoan mutant to one of the X-Men teams. Can't wait to learn more about Khora and see how she will fit into the rest of the team and how she adjusts to this new life aboard a spaceship.

Loved how Ewing brought back the memo that Brand had written for possible Cortez replacements (Issue #2 second insert) only this time it was no longer redacted since information no longer classified. Shows that she was looking into drafting Khora for awhile. Wonder if she might recruit a few more members from the thousands living in Arakkoa. I know from other memos that she was looking for a Telepath.

Though it does make me wonder just how much interaction is there with the mutants on Arakkoa and those of Krakoa. I didn't think the two sides trusted each other that much but maybe there is more communication then the books let on. After all Brand was able to find a mutant with the right power set amongst the population and convince her to join a bunch of strangers in space.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Master of Sound View Post
    When the Zn'rx Emperor is killed, all of the Emperor's children go to war with the last living child becoming the new Ruler. In the GotG (between Empyre and KiB) the Ruler was killed and the wars started.
    Last edited by cranger; 04-21-2021 at 01:49 PM.

Astonishing Member Lucyinthesky's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by jmc247 View Post
    I picked this one up and didn't regret it. It was great seeing Fabian and other Acolytes back again.

Agreed I loved seeing Amelia again and was quite surprised to see her and Charles on such good terms, I thought Moira and Charles were together but it seems I was wrong.
    "To the X-men then, who donīt die the old fashioned way and no matter how hard we try, none of us die forever" Uncanny X-Men #270, Jean and Ororo

Magneto: The master of magnetism Appreciation 2022
    Polaris: The Mistress of Magnetism Appreciation 2022
    House of M Appreciation 2022

Astonishing Member Dante Milton's Avatar

The indignity, the utter insult, of being expected to settle for six figures and property in Florida. Florida?! Clearly humanity must pay for such crimes.

It was great seeing Cortez get humiliated. Fully expect him to sell out Krakoa to Gyrich and Orchis. Looking forward to learning more about Khora and how she interacts and functions with the rest of the crew. She and Chamber should meet. Brand and Beast deserve each other.

Quote Originally Posted by Dante Milton View Post
    The indignity, the utter insult, of being expected to settle for six figures and property in Florida. Florida?! Clearly humanity must pay for such crimes.

It was great seeing Cortez get humiliated. Fully expect him to sell out Krakoa to Gyrich and Orchis. Looking forward to learning more about Khora and how she interacts and functions with the rest of the crew. She and Chamber should meet. Brand and Beast deserve each other.
    So we can acknowledge that Brand has a fur fetish again?
    The Krakoans are EEEvil!

THEY MUST BE STOPPED!

Incredible Member

Is this the first appearance of an Arrako mutant since the event? I recall Asca being referenced at one point in a comic without any appearance.

I thought it was a great issue, but it is weird that Snarkwar is pretty much just over in a B-story. After GotG played up the significance of Snarkwar, seems weird that it just ends in a random issue of SWORD (as opposed to a special tie-in issue). Hopefully we'll be able to see Nova confront Brand about her methods in the future.