Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
    Mighty Member

That was like making someone come in and work a full day and then fire them at the end. lol

This book is so good every month. Plot moves along and answers questions as we go. We aren’t waiting 10 issues for answers. Just enough mystery to keep you interested without long lags of answers to make you stop caring.

Fantastic Member

I like how Magneto gets Cortez resurrected to basically humiliate him in front of the council.

Disappointed Exodus got no lines tho considering their history. at least Amelia got one.

I do hope we see Cortez's sister and some other ex Acolytes. Be even better if even they laugh at Fabian.

Another great issue. Definitely one of my top 5 Hickman era X-titles!!!

Quote Originally Posted by lefthanded View Post
    Is this the first appearance of an Arrako mutant since the event? I recall Asca being referenced at one point in a comic without any appearance.

I thought it was a great issue, but it is weird that Snarkwar is pretty much just over in a B-story. After GotG played up the significance of Snarkwar, seems weird that it just ends in a random issue of SWORD (as opposed to a special tie-in issue). Hopefully we'll be able to see Nova confront Brand about her methods in the future.
    From what I can recall, Isca has turned up in the flesh once since "X Of Swords".

Could not have been any more content with this issue. Great start to finish.

Quote Originally Posted by lefthanded View Post
    Is this the first appearance of an Arrako mutant since the event? I recall Asca being referenced at one point in a comic without any appearance.

I thought it was a great issue, but it is weird that Snarkwar is pretty much just over in a B-story. After GotG played up the significance of Snarkwar, seems weird that it just ends in a random issue of SWORD (as opposed to a special tie-in issue). Hopefully we'll be able to see Nova confront Brand about her methods in the future.
    Isca and Bei the Blood Moon have appeared since the event.

Spectacular Member

well I think this probably eliminates cortez from the list of possible suspects for being the spy on SWORD since that plot thread didn't amount to anything, unless I guess its brought up right away next issue with cortez reporting that he got kicked from SWORD. I think this raises peepers as a possible spy a bit so that there'd be irony for mags that the guy he says he trusts turn out to be a traitor.

Quote Originally Posted by silvercover View Post
    well I think this probably eliminates cortez from the list of possible suspects for being the spy on SWORD since that plot thread didn't amount to anything, unless I guess its brought up right away next issue with cortez reporting that he got kicked from SWORD. I think this raises peepers as a possible spy a bit so that there'd be irony for mags that the guy he says he trusts turn out to be a traitor.
    Why would Cortez help humans, he really hates humans more than anything.

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by Rang10 View Post
    Why would Cortez help humans, he really hates humans more than anything.
    I mean I also didn't personally think he could have been but in the issue when gyrinch mentions they have a spy had a lot of people in the thread for it say cortez was likely.

I loved this issue. I'm surprised about the Council being ok with the assassination of the alien lizards. I thought it was hypocritical of them, but at least it was pointed out in the issue.

I mean I also didn't personally think he could have been but in the issue when gyrinch mentions they have a spy had a lot of people in the thread for it say cortez was likely.
    Seems too obvious, spy has to be a surprise that makes sense. Cortez isn't any of that

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Factor View Post
    I loved this issue. I'm surprised about the Council being ok with the assassination of the alien lizards. I thought it was hypocritical of them, but at least it was pointed out in the issue.
    How much of the council know besides Magneto? He seems like he has his hands in SWORD more than the other members of the council

Spectacular Member

My guess on the spy is Mentallo. Brand has already confirmed that his loyalty is bought. Wouldn't surprise if he looked to other areas to expand his wealth

A lot of people also assumed he was coming around to Cortez's POV. We all saw how THAT turned out.

Astonishing Member Lucyinthesky's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Rang10 View Post
    Seems too obvious, spy has to be a surprise that makes sense. Cortez isn't any of that
    I hope it isnīt Peppers or at least I expect him to be a double agent that would be interesting.
    "To the X-men then, who donīt die the old fashioned way and no matter how hard we try, none of us die forever" Uncanny X-Men #270, Jean and Ororo

Magneto: The master of magnetism Appreciation 2022
    Polaris: The Mistress of Magnetism Appreciation 2022
    House of M Appreciation 2022

Quote Originally Posted by Rnap22 View Post
    That was like making someone come in and work a full day and then fire them at the end. lol

This book is so good every month. Plot moves along and answers questions as we go. We aren’t waiting 10 issues for answers. Just enough mystery to keep you interested without long lags of answers to make you stop caring.
    When you put it like that i'm surprised he didn't dope them on the way out. But i guess a room full of dosed up overpowered angry mutants wasn't the way to go. lol
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    Number of People on my ignore list: 0
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.
    https://www.instagram.com/jartist27/