Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

This issue was great. With all of this it wouldn't surprise me if somewhere down the line Cortez teams up Mystique and maybe Sabretooth in an attempt to build some kind of opposition to Krakoa.
    "Kids don't care **** about superhero comic books. And if they do, they probably start with manga, with One Punch-Man or My Hero Academia. " -ImOctavius.

Extraordinary Member Master of Sound's Avatar

The new rising star for 2021? What you guys say?

Last edited by Master of Sound; 04-22-2021 at 10:57 AM.
    "COURAGE, DON'T YOU DARE LET ME DOWN"
    ==================================================
    ==================================================

Quote Originally Posted by jwatson View Post
    I think the spy is manifold and he is spying for wakanda which given their history would make sense. Ewing also wrote Tchalla (a really good one.)in Ultimates. It would also kind of makes sense in the sense that Brand knows there is a spy but she absolutely needs manifold.
    The spy isn't an X-men team member (although I wouldn't be shocked if Brand ended up being a spy with the way she's been moving lately), it was the guy who was on the phone while Manifold was snooping around in his office. He's an agent of sword who's actually a double agent for orchis.

If Cortez was smart he wouldn't have argued with Mangeto when it came to the Holocausts point what he should have argued was that why should all mutants have to follow your restraint when it comes to killing humans just because you choose to do that? If you as an individual don't want to kill humans that is fine but others shouldn't be forced to follow it based on and artificial line that you guys created.

Quote Originally Posted by Outburstz View Post
    If Cortez was smart he wouldn't have argued with Mangeto when it came to the Holocausts point what he should have argued was that why should all mutants have to follow your restraint when it comes to killing humans just because you choose to do that? If you as an individual don't want to kill humans that is fine but others shouldn't be forced to follow it based on and artificial line that you guys created.
    That changes nothing, the law wasn't created because magneto won't kill humans

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Master of Sound View Post
    The new rising star for 2021? What you guys say?

Yupp, absolutely. This was another 5-starz:10/10 issue, for me.
    So far this run has a lot of great material for the Year-End review.
    My Summer rain. My rooftop in Japan. My quiet in the storm. *cries* Al Ewing is GOD...Praise His name! Uplift Him in song! Glorify His works!

Quote Originally Posted by Rang10 View Post
    That changes nothing, the law wasn't created because magneto won't kill humans
    But that is the defense that he put up to defend the law. Cortez made it pretty clear that Krakoa already puts higher priority on mutant life because they don't bring back humans from dying even family members so why is it a law to not kill a human when we are not bringing them back anyway

But that is the defense that he put up to defend the law. Cortez made it pretty clear that Krakoa already puts higher priority on mutant life because they don't bring back humans from dying even family members so why is it a law to not kill a human when we are not bringing them back anyway
    His arguments makes no sense, the reason they dont want to kill humns is tht they can't be brought back making it permanent.

His arguments makes no sense, the reason they dont want to kill humns is tht they can't be brought back making it permanent.
    Why should that matter to Krakoa?

Astonishing Member Lucyinthesky's Avatar

Morally speaking: because it´s morally wrong to kill other people.

Legally speaking: because they have an agreetment to a stop all attacks between human/mutants with almost all the countries on earth since they became part of the UN.

But really this law is more for the former enemies of the X-men than for the X-men themselves.

Magneto was just making the point that Cortez suffering at his family hands is not an argument to change their laws and that he would be exiled if he break it, just as Magneto himself would be exiled if he ever broke it despite the fact that if he used Cortez argument to justify it he would be more justified than Cortez because he suffered more but suffering is not a legal argument to change a law. Bassically he said to him no one on Krakoa has an exception to this rule.

The end of the chapter was interesting because Magneto was proposing to Brand to extend this law to people who live outside earth or no human people and if she acted out of a real wish to stop a war or out of revenge but the fact of the matter is that so far this law doesn´t include SWORD and it´s diplomatic links and Brand said even if it did include them, they were acting because they were trying to stop a bigger evil that would involve war on a lot of different planets, something that links SWORD to X-force exception for it´s operations, so Magneto only said to her to be careful because she was involving herself and Krakoa by extension on cosmic politics in a very underhanded way.

I really like how Ewing can propose such interesting povs in just one issue.
    Last edited by Lucyinthesky; 04-22-2021 at 12:33 PM.
    "To the X-men then, who don´t die the old fashioned way and no matter how hard we try, none of us die forever" Uncanny X-Men #270, Jean and Ororo

Magneto: The master of magnetism Appreciation 2022
    Polaris: The Mistress of Magnetism Appreciation 2022
    House of M Appreciation 2022

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by DigiCom View Post
    He's still an arrogant *********, tho, so I doubt people will like him better afterwards.
    well probably, but I think it'd raise him up a bit in the level of "dependable" for the team. the reason I think its possible is cause cortez got taken out a bit too soon in the book, which if we ignore the event tie-in, is only 2 issues in. id buy cortez being off the book and team if say there were a few more issues where his ego annoys the team or causes problems like causing negotiations to fail, then there would be good sense to replace him. but objectively speaking, so far he hasn't actually caused any problems to the team so far yet he's already kicked off.

Astonishing Member Lucyinthesky's Avatar

Ewing is bringing Cortez down so I guess the next step is redemption or him getting back at them at some point.

I agree he didn´t do anything particulary wrong, he just thought he could convince Magneto to trust him again and I guess Mags had enough on that from someone who didn´t seem to mind letting his fellow acolytes die when it suited him along with Magneto just to get a prize from Gamemaster.

Still if Peppers is the spy and Cortez isn´t but he discovers it, this will be an interesting situation for all of them.
    "To the X-men then, who don´t die the old fashioned way and no matter how hard we try, none of us die forever" Uncanny X-Men #270, Jean and Ororo

Magneto: The master of magnetism Appreciation 2022
    Polaris: The Mistress of Magnetism Appreciation 2022
    House of M Appreciation 2022

Why should that matter to Krakoa?
    Because they need to respect humans to exist.

Because they need to respect humans to exist.
    Not so sure about that anymore lol
    GrindrStone(D)

♥♥عابث سولاناس♥♥ Park Slope Pixie's Avatar

Ewing and Zeb are my x-writers.