Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567

Quote Originally Posted by lurkerforyears View Post
    "let's humiliate this old character, in a way that would never be acceptable if it were being done to a female character"

"now. look at this cool original DONOTSTEAL character Ive created, she is like that old character but much better and a cute sexy super ninja assasin"

the writer is good, but this was not a good idea for a book

I'm also bothered by Empath being drawn as a blonde guy. Spain has some blonde people, like Marcos LLorente of Atletico de Madrid, but they are a small minority. Most are dark haired southern europeans, and Empath was brown haired in the 80s.
    I think Cortez was a blonde in the 90s. So in his case it isnt wrong.
    I'm not even going to justify that first part with a response but there are a lot of blonde spaniards, they're not some tiny minority. Yes there are more brunettes but that's because brown hair/eyes are a dominant genes and like everywhere else, there are less natural blonds than natural brunette. Yes in the southern spain naturally tan/olive skin are more common because of andalusian ancestors but the vast majority of spaniards are still white europeans with light skin, some of can tan well.

One thing Elite got right (outlandish plot aside) is the classism in Spanish society (still not as bad as during the Franco years or as in Britain) but it's still there.

Given how gusanos are still lamenting about how their grandparents used to own acres of plantations and entire towns, it's not far fetched that a white latin would brag about his ancestors being conquerors.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by frostedemma View Post
    I know Cortez is a piece of sh*t but the way he was treated by the council went a tiny bit too far imo, especially since for half the council it was pretty much throwing stones from a glass house. The way that whole ordeal was antithetical to what Krakoa is about, especially the "turning a new leaf" part. This council meeting is for sure going to come and bite them later
    Too true, and as usual the wisest guy on there is just silent, coz he knows better!

Sorry to ask a question that has already been answered, but why are we seeing xmen in their old uniforms? Magneto and Jean in this book, Storm in Children of the Atom etc.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Adam View Post
    Sorry to ask a question that has already been answered, but why are we seeing xmen in their old uniforms? Magneto and Jean in this book, Storm in Children of the Atom etc.
    Hickman said he wanted to treat costumes as a more everyday attire rather than it being something more static.

Quote Originally Posted by loke13 View Post
    Hickman said he wanted to treat costumes as a more everyday attire rather than it being something more static.
    That makes sense, thanks for answering. I was worried that I missed an important story beat.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Adam View Post
    That makes sense, thanks for answering. I was worried that I missed an important story beat.
    Even though I remember Hickman saying that, most of the characters still showed up in the same costumes pretty much all the time. So while it is not unexpected to see it happen, for it to take so long to happen makes it strange to see.