Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by lefthanded View Post
    I don't think Quentin Quire is an interesting/strong enough character to sustain the level of focus this series puts on him - he is always out of his depth, always pompous. Although that is a valid character arc (pompous teenager learns to be better), this has been done repeatedly with Quentin, and yet he never becomes anymore of an enjoyable read. The funny thing is that the same character arc is occurring concurrently with Kid Cable, which is a much better series where we know the character is in fact going to have long term changes.
    A highly subjective take, the latter part of which remains to be seen.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by lefthanded View Post
    I don't think Quentin Quire is an interesting/strong enough character to sustain the level of focus this series puts on him - he is always out of his depth, always pompous. Although that is a valid character arc (pompous teenager learns to be better), this has been done repeatedly with Quentin, and yet he never becomes anymore of an enjoyable read. The funny thing is that the same character arc is occurring concurrently with Kid Cable, which is a much better series where we know the character is in fact going to have long term changes.
    Despite me being not a fan of QQ, this is something that is not true at any surface level. I wonder if we had read same books bc Kid Cable hasn't been anything more than an ineffectual character as a whole.

I finally read this the art is hideous & Quire is especially ugly how he pulled a cuckoo is beyond me.

Quote Originally Posted by Journey View Post
    I finally read this the art is hideous & Quire is especially ugly how he pulled a cuckoo is beyond me.
    Funny that on the past a cuckoo prefered to be dead than being with him. it is Def a WTF choice from writers

Astonishing Member gonnagiveittoya's Avatar

Yeah, Quentin has big Ducky energy

Quote Originally Posted by Odd Rödney View Post
    The art sucked, the story was ok I guess. I hope this improves, it is the weakest title in the X-books right now, IMHO.
    Agreed. Excalibur gets all the hate, but this title is even worse lately.
    I think that because it started well, people are giving it more of a chance, but Percy has done nothing interesting with the CIA concept at all.
    It's basically a Quentin Quire book now. And not even a well written one.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Factor View Post
    Agreed. Excalibur gets all the hate, but this title is even worse lately.
    I think that because it started well, people are giving it more of a chance, but Percy has done nothing interesting with the CIA concept at all.
    It's basically a Quentin Quire book now. And not even a well written one.
    This book has been so much minimal in terms of scope that it has been too one-dimensional and self-contained. Whereas Duggan or Tini have been given an ample amount of freedom to do over. On top of that majority of characters are already fully-fledged and kinda overused characters, unlike Hellions. There are exceptions of course. I don't know if Percy is even wholly responsible for this.

Well... this used to be the best title on the x-line. Remember how exciting the first three issues were?

Now it's one of the worst titles. I don't get what Percy is doing.

Incredible Member Lady Midnight's Avatar

Perhaps Phoebe knows that having one guy to herself is better than sharing one with her sisters.
    My flag is bacon.

Quote Originally Posted by Vishop View Post
    This book has been so much minimal in terms of scope that it has been too one-dimensional and self-contained. Whereas Duggan or Tini have been given an ample amount of freedom to do over. On top of that majority of characters are already fully-fledged and kinda overused characters, unlike Hellions. There are exceptions of course. I don't know if Percy is even wholly responsible for this.
    It's a problem writing books on committee.

I hope something for Sage, she realy need some focus

Quote Originally Posted by Lady Midnight View Post
    Perhaps Phoebe knows that having one guy to herself is better than sharing one with her sisters.
    Just one cuckoo is with Cable

You know when I think about it a lot of pretty women date ugly dudes cause they know the ugly dudes can't do better & will treat them right so I guess it makes sense from that perspective but the fact she actually seems to care about Quire is what's throwing me.

Quote Originally Posted by Journey View Post
    You know when I think about it a lot of pretty women date ugly dudes cause they know the ugly dudes can't do better & will treat them right so I guess it makes sense from that perspective but the fact she actually seems to care about Quire is what's throwing me.
    It's so weird to have one of the Cuckoos date him. It's the exact opposite of their original dynamic. He wanted to impress them but they all treated him like garbage.
    It would be a good story to see Phoebe changing her perspective, but having it happen out of the blue without acknowledging their past history is lazy.
    Sometimes I feel Percy has only read Aaron's Quentin, because he always ignores his original story beats (like in that issue where he was rude to Jumbo Carnation, who Quire idolized so much that his death was one of the major reasons he started the riot at Xavier's).
    It's sad to see this book focus so much on a character and not even get him right.

Incredible Member Lady Midnight's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Rang10 View Post
    It's a problem writing books on committee.

I hope something for Sage, she realy need some focus

Just one cuckoo is with Cable
    I haven't bothered with Cable in months, which one didn't come to her senses?
    My flag is bacon.

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by Vishop View Post
    its why im on the side that the lineup needs a bit of a shakeup, get add some other characters and maybe also officially pull out certain members. like seriously jean and piotr are supposedly done and don't want to do anything with X-force anymore yet here it is jean might be back or is now like a part time X-force member when beast is down, there's still the data page talking of piotr so he's not done with this book. I think it could really help if they finally deal with mikael and the organization so they can reshuffle their lineup(piotr gets some proper closure that can mean he can now really rest) for a new arc.

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by ermac View Post
    Well... this used to be the best title on the x-line. Remember how exciting the first three issues were?

Now it's one of the worst titles. I don't get what Percy is doing.
    I agree with this, though frankly my excitement for Dawn of X got really deflated with all the launch books.

Still, disappointing to see X-Force of all books be such a mess, because X-force as a team has done cool stuff in the past and been some good/fun reads. This book is just floundering, though.