Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

The art sucked, the story was ok I guess. I hope this improves, it is the weakest title in the X-books right now, IMHO.
    "Kids don't care **** about superhero comic books. And if they do, they probably start with manga, with One Punch-Man or My Hero Academia. " -ImOctavius.

This just wasn't good at all and at this point I think it's clear that it's Cassara's art that makes this series good. Whenever he takes an issue off all of the series flaws come to the forefront. Series dropped.

Astonishing Member Soulsword323's Avatar

I enjoyed this.

I'm always happy to see Percy continue to write Jean, as I feel that he's one of her better writers since she returned a couple of years ago.

The art however, really fell flat. Everybody looked way off, and I felt that it brought the story down.

I read this before WOX and SWORD.... the latter two books made me forget I even read this, they were so good.

Astonishing Member gonnagiveittoya's Avatar

Very nice of Marvel's diversity program to let a blind artist draw this book

This issue sucked. Hoping this gets better soon, as it’s now one of only two X-books I’m reading. This and Wolverine. And I’ll be checking out the new X-men book in July when it comes out too I guess. Can’t resist the Larraz artwork.

Quote Originally Posted by Odd Rödney View Post
    The art sucked, the story was ok I guess. I hope this improves, it is the weakest title in the X-books right now, IMHO.
    It is x-factor, compared to that x-force looks like a eisner winner

Extraordinary Member Uncanny X-Man's Avatar

Haven't been entirely happy with X-Force for a while now, which is disappointing because it started off SO strong. Cassara's art is definitely a big selling point and when he's missing is absence is strongly felt. But as mentioned by others the stories also seem to unambitiously be going in circles. I do like Ben Percy though and feel he would benefit from focusing on other characters or bring some new ones in to freshen things up.

Quote Originally Posted by Uncanny X-Man View Post
    Haven't been entirely happy with X-Force for a while now, which is disappointing because it started off SO strong. Cassara's art is definitely a big selling point and when he's missing is absence is strongly felt. But as mentioned by others the stories also seem to unambitiously be going in circles. I do like Ben Percy though and feel he would benefit from focusing on other characters or bring some new ones in to freshen things up.
    It all looks like treading water waiting for a crossover. The art really scrwed up the last two issues of x-force, a house styles artist could make it a better story

Everything Fades Away... butterflykyss's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Exodus View Post
    lol poor woman looks like a Beverly Hills housewife early in the morning.

But, at least, someone respects and depicts Jean's real age! She's 58, isn't she?
    lmfao not Beverly hills housewife
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

I actually really liked this issue, if only because it showcased how skilled a telepath Jean is.

Quote Originally Posted by Rang10 View Post
    It is x-factor, compared to that x-force looks like a eisner winner
    I disagree, but to each their own I guess.
    "Kids don't care **** about superhero comic books. And if they do, they probably start with manga, with One Punch-Man or My Hero Academia. " -ImOctavius.

The premise of this book needs to be rethought. Issue was kind of boring. There are plenty of mutants more suitable to this book then the current team as it stands. Black Box being one. If they acted more competent as opposed to dying every issue it might hold some interest but this is little leagues
    Last edited by ExodusCloak; 04-23-2021 at 07:15 AM.

Incredible Member

I don't think Quentin Quire is an interesting/strong enough character to sustain the level of focus this series puts on him - he is always out of his depth, always pompous. Although that is a valid character arc (pompous teenager learns to be better), this has been done repeatedly with Quentin, and yet he never becomes anymore of an enjoyable read. The funny thing is that the same character arc is occurring concurrently with Kid Cable, which is a much better series where we know the character is in fact going to have long term changes.

Extraordinary Member Uncanny X-Man's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by lefthanded View Post
    I don't think Quentin Quire is an interesting/strong enough character to sustain the level of focus this series puts on him - he is always out of his depth, always pompous. Although that is a valid character arc (pompous teenager learns to be better), this has been done repeatedly with Quentin, and yet he never becomes anymore of an enjoyable read. The funny thing is that the same character arc is occurring concurrently with Kid Cable, which is a much better series where we know the character is in fact going to have long term changes.
    I have to agree that the focus on Quentin is weakening the series. I think the last couple of issues fleshing out his character and motivations a bit more have been OK, if already done repeatedly as you mentioned, but in the end they didn't really make Quentin any more likeable. Hopefully after so much focus recently Percy is ready to move on to the more interesting characters in his cast.