Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default Justice League Unlimited To Continue In Comic Form

DC is set to continue the much-loved DC animated universe with a new, digital-first comic book series that takes place in the universe of the fan-favorite animated series Justice League Unlimited. Starting in May, the publisher will release a seven-issue miniseries from writers James Tucker (Batman Beyond, Batman: The Brave and the Bold) and J.M. DeMatteis (Justice League International, The Life and Times of Savior 28). Titled Justice League Infinity, the series will be drawn by Ethen Beavers (Bedtime for Batman, Indiana Jones Adventures) and will debut on May 13 digitally on ComiXology and other ebook platforms, followed by a later physical release on July 6.

Per an announcement released earlier today, this new series stars all of the fan-favorite characters from the revered series – Superman, Wonder Woman, Batman, The Flash, Green Lantern John Stewart, Hawkgirl and Martian Manhunter – banding together to face new dangers that not only threaten Earth, but the multiverse itself. These new stories will also give Tucker, DeMatteis, and Beavers the chance to incorporate a host of new characters from across the DC Multiverse when bringing these animated heroes and villains to comics.
    https://comicbook.com/dc/news/dc-lau...nfinity-comic/

Awesome, I hope it does what the show did where it has one off episodes with various characters outside the big seven having a chance to be featured.
    "It's fun and it's cool, so that's all that matters. It's what comics are for, Duh."
    Words to live by.

I am so in for this! More Wally West!

Hmm, vaguely interested in this even though I've a general distaste for the DCAU. Tucker and DeMatteis have a better track record with non-Bat characters than Timm and Dini do

I'm down for more revival comics (provided they're good) .

seven issues though? come on. This is ongoing series material at best!

Quote Originally Posted by Gaius View Post
    Hmm, vaguely interested in this even though I've a general distaste for the DCAU. Tucker and DeMatteis have a better track record with non-Bat characters than Timm and Dini do
    Can you give a long paragraph about your problems with the DCAU?

Extraordinary Member superduperman's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by JorgeJ77 View Post
    Can you give a long paragraph about your problems with the DCAU?
    Everyone else was Batman's b****, Superman was nerfed, WW spent most of her time giving Batman heart eyes, their interpretation of Hawkman, they made Hawkwoman a traitor, Superman is mostly a flying brick who fell for being manipulated by the villains, Supergirl not being allowed to be Superman's actual cousin, Wally was treated like a clown, Batman dodging Darkseid's Omega beams while Superman barely survives a fight with him. They did fine with street level characters but the actual powered characters were treated as either easy to manipulate or not nearly as powerful as they were supposed to be. Superman's best episode was the one where he lost his powers!
    Assassinate Putin!

Quote Originally Posted by sifighter View Post
    Awesome, I hope it does what the show did where it has one off episodes with various characters outside the big seven having a chance to be featured.
    I loved the episodes with these guys the best. Booster Gold, the double date with Question, Huntress, Arrow and Canary. Going to have to add this to my pull list. Heck even the episode with Bouncing Boy and Braniac was cool.

“Flash fly the jet. Does anybody ask me if I know how?” Priceless!

Wonder if it'll account for the Fatal Five movie somewhere down the line?
    Doctor Strange: "You are the right person to replace Logan."
    X-23: "I know there are people who disapprove... Guys on the Internet mainly."
    (All-New Wolverine #4)

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by WebLurker View Post
    Would be cool to see more of the DCAU Legion since they felt pretty underserved but the DCAU imo.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by WebLurker View Post
    Maybe we might get like a a cameo of a younger Jessica as a civvie and whatever the hell is going on with Miss Martian and what her origin is in this universe but IRC that movie takes place a decent amount of years after the end of JLU so they can't really do much there.

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    Would be cool to see more of the DCAU Legion since they felt pretty underserved but the DCAU imo.
    Legion really isn't my thing. Was more thinking that I'd really like to see more of DCAU Jessica Cruz (she's my favorite DC character), but I do get that everyone has their favorite things they want to see more of. Seem to recall that Fatal Five was supposed to have tie-in comics that got canceled. While it might be too much to hope that those could get resurrected, it would be nice to see some kind of transition from the Unlimited show to the Fatal Five movie, given that the latter added some new characters with zero explanation as to when they came into the picture (which is fine for helping the movie stand alone, but it would still be cool to see more of that).

Quote Originally Posted by Mojo View Post
    Maybe we might get like a a cameo of a younger Jessica as a civvie and whatever the hell is going on with Miss Martian and what her origin is in this universe but IRC that movie takes place a decent amount of years after the end of JLU so they can't really do much there.
    Thought that the makers were assuming a few unspecified years after the show ended (I know that the Watchtower Database YouTube channel people have constructed their own projected timeframe that I forget beyond beyond it being the early 2000s -- although the Powers That Be have gone on record that they consider the DCAU to be a floating timeline vs. the fixed timeline the WTB group has constructed and has overwritten a lot of material and assumptions before, so who knows how accurate that guess will remain). The comic doesn't need to if that's not the point, but I think it would be cool.

(Have seen it claimed that the canceled Fatal Five tie-in comic would've fleshed out Miss Martian's backstory, but I've been unable to verify that.)
    Doctor Strange: "You are the right person to replace Logan."
    X-23: "I know there are people who disapprove... Guys on the Internet mainly."
    (All-New Wolverine #4)