Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Default Justice League Unlimited To Continue In Comic Form

DC is set to continue the much-loved DC animated universe with a new, digital-first comic book series that takes place in the universe of the fan-favorite animated series Justice League Unlimited. Starting in May, the publisher will release a seven-issue miniseries from writers James Tucker (Batman Beyond, Batman: The Brave and the Bold) and J.M. DeMatteis (Justice League International, The Life and Times of Savior 28). Titled Justice League Infinity, the series will be drawn by Ethen Beavers (Bedtime for Batman, Indiana Jones Adventures) and will debut on May 13 digitally on ComiXology and other ebook platforms, followed by a later physical release on July 6.

Per an announcement released earlier today, this new series stars all of the fan-favorite characters from the revered series – Superman, Wonder Woman, Batman, The Flash, Green Lantern John Stewart, Hawkgirl and Martian Manhunter – banding together to face new dangers that not only threaten Earth, but the multiverse itself. These new stories will also give Tucker, DeMatteis, and Beavers the chance to incorporate a host of new characters from across the DC Multiverse when bringing these animated heroes and villains to comics.
    https://comicbook.com/dc/news/dc-lau...nfinity-comic/

Awesome, I hope it does what the show did where it has one off episodes with various characters outside the big seven having a chance to be featured.
    "It's fun and it's cool, so that's all that matters. It's what comics are for, Duh."
    Words to live by.

I am so in for this! More Wally West!

Hmm, vaguely interested in this even though I've a general distaste for the DCAU. Tucker and DeMatteis have a better track record with non-Bat characters than Timm and Dini do

I'm down for more revival comics (provided they're good) .

seven issues though? come on. This is ongoing series material at best!

Quote Originally Posted by atomicskull View Post
    Always potential for a second season .

Extraordinary Member superduperman's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by atomicskull View Post
    I think they're testing the waters to see if there is enough interest to support an ongoing. I doubt AT&T is going to just be throwing money at unsure projects right now.
    Assassinate Putin!

Extraordinary Member Lightning Rider's Avatar

I don't hate this, but I find it kind of backwards. The show was a streamlined adaptation of existing characters and stories. I feel like returning the DCAU setup to the comic book format is is both redundant and kind of limiting. It's always been done for the cartoons, but I always kind of felt the same way.

That said, I'm probably not the target audience for this. (Though, if I'm not, then who is? JLU was around when I was a kid. Shouldn't DC want people who liked the show to buy better illustrated in-universe books about these same characters?)

Extraordinary Member Lightning Rider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    This is cool. The image doesn't necessarily suggest this, but I wonder if J'onn would benefit from having 5 or so consistent identities that he repeatedly assumed to navigate the world. Good story potential there and might endear more readers to him.

Extraordinary Member superduperman's Avatar

If it involves the multiverse, they could team up with Young Justice and the Superfriends and DC's other cartoon universes!
    Assassinate Putin!

I wonder, will Shazam return to being called Captain Marvel?

Quote Originally Posted by Gaius View Post
    Hmm, vaguely interested in this even though I've a general distaste for the DCAU. Tucker and DeMatteis have a better track record with non-Bat characters than Timm and Dini do
    Can you give a long paragraph about your problems with the DCAU?

Quote Originally Posted by Lightning Rider View Post
    I don't hate this, but I find it kind of backwards. The show was a streamlined adaptation of existing characters and stories. I feel like returning the DCAU setup to the comic book format is is both redundant and kind of limiting. It's always been done for the cartoons, but I always kind of felt the same way.

That said, I'm probably not the target audience for this. (Though, if I'm not, then who is? JLU was around when I was a kid. Shouldn't DC want people who liked the show to buy better illustrated in-universe books about these same characters?)
    They're not the same characters, though. There's a core of the characters that remains the same, sure, but Hawkgirl in particular had a specific take and the show had some specific storylines to follow up on. You can see their unique take on Amazo in the preview pages