Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Extraordinary Member superduperman's Avatar

Okay, NOW I'm old!
    Assassinate Putin!

Quote Originally Posted by sifighter View Post
    Awesome, I hope it does what the show did where it has one off episodes with various characters outside the big seven having a chance to be featured.
    I loved the episodes with these guys the best. Booster Gold, the double date with Question, Huntress, Arrow and Canary. Going to have to add this to my pull list. Heck even the episode with Bouncing Boy and Braniac was cool.

“Flash fly the jet. Does anybody ask me if I know how?” Priceless!

Wonder if it'll account for the Fatal Five movie somewhere down the line?
    Doctor Strange: "You are the right person to replace Logan."
    X-23: "I know there are people who disapprove... Guys on the Internet mainly."
    (All-New Wolverine #4)

BANNED

Extraordinary Member Primal Slayer's Avatar

I honestly don't know why WB/DC don't continue the DCAU through DTV event movies.

Quote Originally Posted by Primal Slayer View Post
    I honestly don't know why WB/DC don't continue the DCAU through DTV event movies.
    Crisis on Two Earths was supposed to be directly tied to it, but it obviously took a different direction.

Quote Originally Posted by Jackalope89 View Post
    Crisis on Two Earths was supposed to be directly tied to it, but it obviously took a different direction.
    Technically Crisis of Two Earths was originally envisioned as a movie that bridged the gap between JL -> JLU that got repurposed for the DTV line.

BANNED

Dini was the voice of the earlier DCAU, up through BB, I think. Then McDuffie expanded on the world and on the ideas of the previous shows in JL and JLU. Yes, there were other big names, but I don't think you can follow up on the storytelling style of JLU without McDuffie. Heck, even when McDuffie wrote the non-DCAU Justice League video game, it felt like the DCAU Justice League, even with different voice actors. I think, at best, Dini can come back in and tell smaller stories reminiscent of the pre-McDuffie era, but not anything as sprawling as McDuffie did. A lot of the DCAU guys, including Tucker, ended up working on the post-Flashpoint films, and the original films aren't very good IMO. I'd rather they not soil the better parts of their legacy.

BANNED

Hopefully Wonder Woman will be treated with more respect than in the show...

Quote Originally Posted by WebLurker View Post
    Would be cool to see more of the DCAU Legion since they felt pretty underserved but the DCAU imo.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by SecretWarrior View Post
    Man I don't much care for the voice but Darkseid's got some great quotes right after he gets freed here

Zatanna: You also promised him great knowledge

Darkseid: "and I delivered.... for what greater lesson is there than this: Never Trust Darkseid."

God if only it was Ironside saying that.

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by WebLurker View Post
    Maybe we might get like a a cameo of a younger Jessica as a civvie and whatever the hell is going on with Miss Martian and what her origin is in this universe but IRC that movie takes place a decent amount of years after the end of JLU so they can't really do much there.

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    Would be cool to see more of the DCAU Legion since they felt pretty underserved but the DCAU imo.
    Legion really isn't my thing. Was more thinking that I'd really like to see more of DCAU Jessica Cruz (she's my favorite DC character), but I do get that everyone has their favorite things they want to see more of. Seem to recall that Fatal Five was supposed to have tie-in comics that got canceled. While it might be too much to hope that those could get resurrected, it would be nice to see some kind of transition from the Unlimited show to the Fatal Five movie, given that the latter added some new characters with zero explanation as to when they came into the picture (which is fine for helping the movie stand alone, but it would still be cool to see more of that).

Quote Originally Posted by Mojo View Post
    Maybe we might get like a a cameo of a younger Jessica as a civvie and whatever the hell is going on with Miss Martian and what her origin is in this universe but IRC that movie takes place a decent amount of years after the end of JLU so they can't really do much there.
    Thought that the makers were assuming a few unspecified years after the show ended (I know that the Watchtower Database YouTube channel people have constructed their own projected timeframe that I forget beyond beyond it being the early 2000s -- although the Powers That Be have gone on record that they consider the DCAU to be a floating timeline vs. the fixed timeline the WTB group has constructed and has overwritten a lot of material and assumptions before, so who knows how accurate that guess will remain). The comic doesn't need to if that's not the point, but I think it would be cool.

(Have seen it claimed that the canceled Fatal Five tie-in comic would've fleshed out Miss Martian's backstory, but I've been unable to verify that.)
    Doctor Strange: "You are the right person to replace Logan."
    X-23: "I know there are people who disapprove... Guys on the Internet mainly."
    (All-New Wolverine #4)

Black Belt in Bad Ideas Robanker's Avatar

You know, I'm in. At least for the first issue. We'll see how it pans out, but Barda and Ralph there already has me interested.