Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Primal Slayer View Post
    I honestly don't know why WB/DC don't continue the DCAU through DTV event movies.
    Because they wanted to start fresh and do something new. Also, I'm pretty sure DC wanted to make Hal the default GL from that point on wards and later on, Barry became the default Flash as well.

Also, don't mess with a good thing. The show ended perfectly. It's fine if the creators of the show has new stories to tell and they want to continue it in comic book format.

Quote Originally Posted by WebLurker View Post
    Wonder if it'll account for the Fatal Five movie somewhere down the line?
    According to Timm during an interview about the FF movie: 'it's in continuity if you want it to be'.

Which is honestly, pretty smart. People are going to disregard parts of the universe they don't like anyway.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Primal Slayer View Post
    I honestly don't know why WB/DC don't continue the DCAU through DTV event movies.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jackalope89 View Post
    Crisis on Two Earths was supposed to be directly tied to it, but it obviously took a different direction.
    Justice League: Worlds Collide

How I wish that had been made...in some form or another.

I wish we could see the work done on it before it was abandoned.

Quote Originally Posted by Psy-lock View Post
    Hopefully Wonder Woman will be treated with more respect than in the show...
    Toss the school girl crush on Bruce in the trash and this series gets a thumbs up from me.

Spectacular Member Kara Danvers's Avatar

It won't be the same without Dwayne McDuffie.

Extraordinary Member Lightning Rider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by SecretWarrior View Post
    Dini was the voice of the earlier DCAU, up through BB, I think. Then McDuffie expanded on the world and on the ideas of the previous shows in JL and JLU. Yes, there were other big names, but I don't think you can follow up on the storytelling style of JLU without McDuffie. Heck, even when McDuffie wrote the non-DCAU Justice League video game, it felt like the DCAU Justice League, even with different voice actors. I think, at best, Dini can come back in and tell smaller stories reminiscent of the pre-McDuffie era, but not anything as sprawling as McDuffie did. A lot of the DCAU guys, including Tucker, ended up working on the post-Flashpoint films, and the original films aren't very good IMO. I'd rather they not soil the better parts of their legacy.
    I had no idea he worked on that! I love that game as it felt like a real love letter to the DCU. The villains, alternate costmes, power sets, were all direct tributes to the comics.

Mighty Member

I'll temper my expectations before it comes out, but this is making a better impression on me than Batman: The Adventures Continue did so far.

Quote Originally Posted by SecretWarrior View Post
    Speaking of, I'm surprised they didn't continue the comic tie-in to that show. It was one of the few tie-in comics that was 100% canon to its show and it was a good way to get bonus material from the show while it was on hiatus. They just did a bonus issue before YJ Outsiders and that was it.

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by GamerSlyRatchet View Post
    I'll temper my expectations before it comes out, but this is making a better impression on me than Batman: The Adventures Continue did so far.

Speaking of, I'm surprised they didn't continue the comic tie-in to that show. It was one of the few tie-in comics that was 100% canon to its show and it was a good way to get bonus material from the show while it was on hiatus. They just did a bonus issue before YJ Outsiders and that was it.
    It's especially weird because Weisman has been nagging them to do more YJ tie in comics basically since the first cancelation of the show (IRC before the show was revived he had been pitching an "Earth-16" Series for years to do some of the stuff he had planned), you think given how much of a success S3 was for their streaming platform (obviously wouldn't of been renewed if it wasn't) that they'd be all over that especially when the lead guy actively WANTS to write more.

The one shot prologue to Outsiders was only a oneshot because that's all DC gave him.
    Last edited by Mojo; 04-23-2021 at 11:00 PM.

Hopefully, this opens the doorway for a YJ comic as well. Apparently, Batman: The Adventure Continues did well enough for them to consider doing more. YJ arguably needs a comic adaptation to facilitate all the threads that Weisman is weaving.

Astonishing Member

The DCAU was my introduction to the wider DCU so of course I'm thrilled about this!

Interesting to see the focus on the Big Seven (even though this will be set after the end of the series it seems) and Hawkgirl back in her original costume. John's still got his JLU-era beard though...which I can live with but was never a fan of.

The artwork looks like a neat blend between the DCAU style and the mainstream DCU. It definitely looks a step up for the old Justice League Adventures tie in series, while still feeling like its set in that same universe.

I'm intrigued by the Multiverse bit. DC seems to be all about the Multiverse these days, across the comics, TV, the movies and now the DCAU too it seems. I'd love for a return of the Justice Guild of America! And maybe we'll see some crossovers with other animated properties. Superfriends? The New 52 DC Animated Universe? Young Justice? (I'd be down for seeing DCAU Batman's reaction to learning that DCAOU Superman and WW used to date )

Incredible Member

Nostalgia is a helluva drug.

Could be fun but do hope they continue the "Unlimited" part and feature even more characters!
    Please help Eisner Award winning comic book writer Paul Jenkins and his family:

https://www.gofundme.com/f/please-he...7vlOjaJCkRwCIs

https://www.gofundme.com/f/peter-david-fund

Quote Originally Posted by bat39 View Post
    The DCAU was my introduction to the wider DCU so of course I'm thrilled about this!

Interesting to see the focus on the Big Seven (even though this will be set after the end of the series it seems) and Hawkgirl back in her original costume. John's still got his JLU-era beard though...which I can live with but was never a fan of.

The artwork looks like a neat blend between the DCAU style and the mainstream DCU. It definitely looks a step up for the old Justice League Adventures tie in series, while still feeling like its set in that same universe.

I'm intrigued by the Multiverse bit. DC seems to be all about the Multiverse these days, across the comics, TV, the movies and now the DCAU too it seems. I'd love for a return of the Justice Guild of America! And maybe we'll see some crossovers with other animated properties. Superfriends? The New 52 DC Animated Universe? Young Justice? (I'd be down for seeing DCAU Batman's reaction to learning that DCAOU Superman and WW used to date )
    Hawkgirl's only in her S1 costume for the cover. The actual issue will feature her in track suit outfit.

Now you got me thinking; it would be cool if they could do a cross over between JLU and YJ. Maybe even some of the other animated universes. I would love the JLU to meet the League from Crisis on Two Earths.

Quote Originally Posted by John Venus View Post
    Hawkgirl's only in her S1 costume for the cover. The actual issue will feature her in track suit outfit.

Now you got me thinking; it would be cool if they could do a cross over between JLU and YJ. Maybe even some of the other animated universes. I would love the JLU to meet the League from Crisis on Two Earths.
    Pull in all of them. Batman from Justice League Action can't tell why he finds the voice of Batman from the Brave and the Bold so annoying. JLU Booster Gold is annoyed at how dumb his BatB counterpart is, and then both of them can't believe that Justice League Action Booster is so much worse while also somehow being oddly better? None of the other Robins can decide who's worse: TTG Robin or the one from Superhero Girls.

Quote Originally Posted by Kara Danvers View Post
    It won't be the same without Dwayne McDuffie.
    True, but I trust Tucker and DeMatteis.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mojo View Post
    It's especially weird because Weisman has been nagging them to do more YJ tie in comics basically since the first cancelation of the show (IRC before the show was revived he had been pitching an "Earth-16" Series for years to do some of the stuff he had planned), you think given how much of a success S3 was for their streaming platform (obviously wouldn't of been renewed if it wasn't) that they'd be all over that especially when the lead guy actively WANTS to write more.

The one shot prologue to Outsiders was only a oneshot because that's all DC gave him.
    I guess maybe they just don't feel there's enough of a demand? Or maybe they're going in order of nolstalgia...

I hope they add characters to the lore that weren't originally in the DCAU.

Quote Originally Posted by atomicskull View Post
    I hope they add characters to the lore that weren't originally in the DCAU.
    Dini’s been doing that in his BTAS comic continuation, so expect the same here
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/