Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

With respect to potential multiverse happenings, I would really like the JLU to meet the one from Gods and Monsters, though I doubt that will be the case.

Quote Originally Posted by Thezmage View Post
    Pull in all of them. Batman from Justice League Action can't tell why he finds the voice of Batman from the Brave and the Bold so annoying. JLU Booster Gold is annoyed at how dumb his BatB counterpart is, and then both of them can't believe that Justice League Action Booster is so much worse while also somehow being oddly better? None of the other Robins can decide who's worse: TTG Robin or the one from Superhero Girls.
    And the Batgirl from TNBA meets the Batgirl from The Batman and latter can't believer her counterpart dated Dick Grayson (we will not mention Bruce/Babs here). Robin from 'The Batman' compare gadgets with the Robin 'Teen Titans' and none of them can stand any iteration of Damian Wayne.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by atomicskull View Post
    I hope they add characters to the lore that weren't originally in the DCAU.
    Sure. Though I prefer if they avoided characters who were introduced in the last 15 years or so i.e. after the run of JLU.

Quote Originally Posted by John Venus View Post
    Hopefully, this opens the doorway for a YJ comic as well. Apparently, Batman: The Adventure Continues did well enough for them to consider doing more. YJ arguably needs a comic adaptation to facilitate all the threads that Weisman is weaving.
    "Did well enough," but the execution at the end was, not very good. Ended up being the dollar discount version of a cheap ripoff of Under the Red Hood.

But agree on the YJ angle. For all the webs Weisman loves to weave, he just can't fit it all into the animated series. He needs different branches for the various groups that have been more or less established over the years. And Weisman being an experienced comic book creator, and someone that loves to build upon not only characters, but overall lore, he needs a couple lines of comics.

Black Belt in Bad Ideas Robanker's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Kara Danvers View Post
    It won't be the same without Dwayne McDuffie.
    No, but Tucker and DeMatteis are no slouches. They're good hands to put the keys in.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Big Barda shows up in her underwear? What's up with that?

Quote Originally Posted by Sutekh View Post
    That's what she's usually shown as wearing outside her armor. I think it's her equivalent of loungewear...

Quote Originally Posted by Sutekh View Post
    It could be a reference to Batman Beyond where that version of her is in the League with that costume.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by atomicskull View Post
    I hope they add characters to the lore that weren't originally in the DCAU.
    We seem to be getting that with the inclusion of Ted Kord's Blue Beetle, at least.

I wonder if they'll try to introduce their own version of Black Manta or just insist Devil Ray is that and leave him dead.

Quote Originally Posted by GamerSlyRatchet View Post
    We seem to be getting that with the inclusion of Ted Kord's Blue Beetle, at least.

I wonder if they'll try to introduce their own version of Black Manta or just insist Devil Ray is that and leave him dead.
    Both appeared in the JLU tie-in comic .

Mighty Member

I'm interested how DC is so invested in the DCAU, JLU ended my senior year of high school. I wonder if the characters who have changed since then will take on some modern traits. It annoyed me in the Adventures Continue when Harley was taking on some of her more modern traits when her fate was sealed in that universe in the Beyond flashback.

Incredible Member

Agreed - roller derby Harley is not who I want to see in JLU. Let's not remake DCAU characters into whoever they are now just for the "buzz factor". I also loved Devil Ray...hope they don't replace him with Manta just because.

If this can stay within the boundaries of what was estsblished on the show and not cater to the whims of current DC trends (like how Red Hood was forced into continuity in the Adventures Continues book) I will love this.

The other JLU tie-book was so bad at not contradicting the show so hopefully this team will be mindful of the continuity details and overall tone.

I can't wait to read this (and hope I won't regret saying that).