Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by sbp1972 View Post
    I wonder if X-Factor is stealth cancelled? Looking back at the June listing, it does say "The last dance". Wondering if we were supposed to take that literally. I seem to vaguely recall Hickman saying the skip months for books would be done with the Hellfire Gala in June, so if it's not a skip month...
    And the fact that Leah has a new book coming is not making me optimistic. Hoping X-Factor can at least get to issue 12.

Marvel has used the phrase “a love letter to the character and the fans”. Putting Gambit in Excalibur and then keeping him is the opposite of that. It’s a prolonged middle finger to his fans.

MAGGOTT COVER WORTHY STAR

Constantly talking isn't necessarily communicating

CBR community Standards and Rules

Frustrated for X-Factor. Every other book but X-Factor and New Mutants (which switched creative teams) has had 12 issues from July 2020 to July 2021, plus SWORD which has had 7 with 5 less months (about the same rate of release) and the three new titles which haven't skipped a month. X-Factor and New Mutants have had 10 each.

Hellions - 12 issues
    Excalibur - 12 issues
    Marauders - 12 issues
    X-Men - 12 issues
    Wolverine - 12 issues
    X-Force - 12 issues
    SWORD - 7 issues, minus 5 months

X-Factor - 10 issues
    New Mutants - 10 issues

X-Men
    Wolverine

The X-Book pull list for me is getting shorter by the month.

Quote Originally Posted by Kingdom X View Post
    And the fact that Leah has a new book coming is not making me optimistic. Hoping X-Factor can at least get to issue 12.
    Amazon lists the second trade as issues 6 - 10.

That’s gonna being annoying if X-Factor is cancelled but Excalibur still goes on

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Tenebrae View Post
    MAGGOTT COVER WORTHY STAR
    Which i can imagine is not going to convince critics from thinking the book is a lost cause.

Though his presence could be interesting if one of the kids does suddently become a mutant, but also gets one of the less fortunate powers (i bring this possibility up a lot i admit) and then ranting about not getting the cool powers right to his face.

It would be like a mini version of Cortez ranting about his family suffering to Magneto in this month's SWORD issue.

Quote Originally Posted by CGAR View Post
    That’s gonna being annoying if X-Factor is cancelled but Excalibur still goes on
    That would indeed be odd. From the last sales data Excalibur hung at the lower end of doing okay (it has likely dropped further since then) and it's not uncommon to hear stories from shop owners complaining about unsold shelves of Excalibur issues.

While X-factor seems to suffer the same low sales issues, why should it get canceled so soon while Excalibur keeps comming?

Unless Excalibur is allready on the chopping block for october and they want to finish the last run for the trades. Just some pondering.
    Last edited by Grunty; 04-22-2021 at 08:15 AM.

Extraordinary Member Master of Sound's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Whim View Post
    X-Men back to #1 again? seems unnecessary. also no Hickman for how long I wonder?
    Yeah the renumbering gets tiresome. Where are the days volumes went at least to 50 issues?

Last week of June the last X-Factor issue comes out, so probably the next will be 1st week of August.

Seems Gloriana is stepping in for Rogue in Excalibur.
    "COURAGE, DON'T YOU DARE LET ME DOWN"
    ==================================================

Quote Originally Posted by Grunty View Post
    Which i can imagine is not going to convince critics from thinking the book is a lost cause.

Though his presence could be interesting if one of the kids does suddently become a mutant, but also gets one of the less fortunate powers (i bring this possibility up a lot i admit) and then ranting about not getting the cool powers right to his face.

It would be like a mini version of Cortez ranting about his family suffering to Magneto in this month's SWORD issue.
    This solicitation is giving me major "one of the kids becomes a mutant" vibes.

Extraordinary Member Silver Fang's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Anduinel View Post
    Amazon lists the second trade as issues 6 - 10.
    Not too reliable. Going by the trades on AMAZON, Pak's episode X ends at issue 26, and leaves 27 out all together.

So Lord knows.

Quote Originally Posted by Silver Fang View Post
    Not too reliable. Going by the trades on AMAZON, Pak's episode X ends at issue 26, and leaves 27 out all together.

So Lord knows.
    The second X-Factor trade is solicited in this month's solicits too and says 6-10, so that's confirmed. The first volume collected through 5 though, and 6-9 are an arc with 10 as a standalone gala issue, so not really sure that tells us something either way.

Right?!? And X-Force is about to do it's third plot about random plant creatures attacking. Something aint right in the universe.

Extraordinary Member Master of Sound's Avatar

Is that Lourdes Chantel on the cover of Marauders #22? ,Is she resurrected from the dead as well? Many might not know her as she only appeared in UXM for one issue back in the 80's I believe. Also do note Harry Leland of the Hellfire Club is on play on the chessboard below, so will he return as well?
    "COURAGE, DON'T YOU DARE LET ME DOWN"

My sentiments exactly.

Let's reward the book with the most boring ploding plot, worst dialogue, no express purpose as a team and an inability to use the majority of the supposed "central cast" in any meaningful way.

Yet drop the book that consistently has used every member of the cast as essential to their team, has great character moments, a well defined purpose and legitimately tackles the central questions around the resurrection protocols?!

You can hear my facepalm from space.

If Tini wants to write a Braddock family drama for those OG Excalibur fans then more power to her, but can Gambit and Jubilee at least go somewhere where they're more than furniture? Or at least where they can be cool and fancy furniture?!