Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 45678910 LastLast

As I said in another thread, if I were in Williams' position or that of any of the other writers with a character at stake in the poll, I would have made a creative plan in advance where the character up for a vote either wouldn't be in the issues I planned post-Gala, or had a role that could be easily removed or replaced with another character. I'm sure Williams approached her writing of X-Factor with this kind of plan. She knew Lorna winning was a possibility when she offered Lorna for the vote.
    I can also be reached on BlueSky and Tumblr. Avatar by kahlart.

Ghosts of Genosha minicomic focused on Polaris, written by me and drawn by Fin_NoMore.

Polaris 50th anniversary minicomic written by me and drawn by Mlad!

Gallery of Polaris commissions (without NSFW or minicomics)

Extraordinary Member DragonPiece's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by MAR420X View Post
    So if hellfire gala month in june has 4 red issues and after reading these solicts i dont see anything major happening smh these solicts boring
    Did you think they'd follow up on everything immediatly? have you not been reading Hickman'x x-men so far lol

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by DragonPiece View Post
    Did you think they'd follow up on everything immediatly? have you not been reading Hickman'x x-men so far lol
    Plus...they're solicits. They're never going to give away major plot threads in solicits.
    Lord Ewing *Praise His name! Uplift Him in song!* Your divine works will be remembered and glorified in worship for all eternity. Amen!

Quote Originally Posted by DragonPiece View Post
    LOL true that... i just want these stories to turn in a new direction.. shit is getting boring

Astonishing Member gonnagiveittoya's Avatar

Between Way of X more openly questioning Krakoa and the X-Men relaunch being (presumably) being more of humans and mutants interacting that will likely change things up a bit

BANNED

Duggan mentioned somewhere that it will be a more character-focused story for each issue rather than humans vs mutants or whatever you like to say. Besides Hickman is far better at social commentary than Duggan. He already proved it despite doing laundry work for other writers.

Giving Hickman way too much credit. He’s not very good. Imo.

♥♥عابث سولاناس♥♥ Park Slope Pixie's Avatar

Hickman worldbuilds but the narrative can be dry as a saltine.

I really tried to keep up with East of West because of Dragotta, but holy shit did it meander.

That being said, I never rolled my eyes at a Hickman X like I did on an average Duggan Marauders issue
    Last edited by Park Slope Pixie; 04-25-2021 at 01:20 AM.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by superjosh View Post
    Are we not going to talk about that Hellions cover?

I love that it looks like he sewed himself back together after Tarn discombobulated him! Yikes.

Hoping X-Factor is indeed cancelled. Williams and X-Twit need to be humbled.

Quote Originally Posted by Kurisu View Post
    That’s a long way to say “I hate things that aren’t designed for me”

Quote Originally Posted by Kurisu View Post
    man i was on the fence when it first dropped but ive enjoyed it. cant say the same for children of atom though lol heres my current ranking of these books

X-men
    hellions
    sword
    X factor
    new mutants
    cable
    Wolverine
    x force
    Excalibur
    marauders
    children of atom

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

My current ranking: based on only what I read...

1st: X-Men, SWORD, Marauders
    2nd: New Mutants, Hellions
    3rd: Excalibur.
    Lord Ewing *Praise His name! Uplift Him in song!* Your divine works will be remembered and glorified in worship for all eternity. Amen!

If we're doing rankings then:

1. Marauders (quite underrated imo)
    2. Hellions, X-men (both solid books)
    3. New mutants, Sword (both newer if you consider NM's writer shifts but I'm enjoying them so far)
    4. X-force (used to be higher but feels a bit lost lately)
    5. X-factor (a mixed bag for me. I like the characters but Aurora feels like a self insert and Daken's redemption while welcome seems to be solely tied into his romance. Lorna has been good though, she feels like the actual leader, not Northstar)
    6. Excalibur (full of many favorite characters of mine but unfortunately wastes them, and I find Tini's writing to be incoherent at times. Some good ideas but the execution...)

Leah does need to be brought down a few pegs.