Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ... 345678910 LastLast
    Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by superjosh View Post
    Just curious because the clone is wearing a red feather lined cape. I don't remember seeing one of Sinister's clones wearing that before... and feathers are very Native American. Thunderbird had red fringe on the shoulders so it's not exactly the same, but it reminds me of it.
    He acquired it in Otherworld in Hellions #5

1. COTA #5 / New Mutants #20 - This is Vita Ayala's month. Their books have been killing it and the Shadow King stuff is picking up. I can tell the COTA kids are going to grow on me once we get to know each of them individually. The solo focuses so far have been really helpful!

2. S.W.O.R.D. #7 - This creative team is reliable. 'Nuff said. I will enjoy this no matter what characters appear because the script, pencils, and colors are bound to be superb.

3. Hellions #13 - Sinister is Wells' best character so this will be hilarious and horrific for sure.

4. Wolverine #14 - I don't usually read this book, but I'm here for more Solem.

5. Marauders #22 / X-Men #1 - Hoping to be impressed by Duggan.

6. X-Corp #3 - Not super jazzed about a Jamie issue tbh. Tempted to skip this one.

Quote Originally Posted by cranger View Post
    He acquired it in Otherworld in Hellions #5
    Oh you're right! I kind of blocked out all that XofS stuff from my memory lol. So much for my theory...

Extraordinary Member DragonPiece's Avatar

X-Factor is most likely a skip month, I think you guys are worrying for no reason.

Quote Originally Posted by DragonPiece View Post
    X-Factor is most likely a skip month, I think you guys are worrying for no reason.
    Just would love to see someone from marvel tweet one way or the other

i'll be getting them all. X-factor is probably jst taking a break so Leah can adjust the story now that Polaris is on the main x-team.
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    Number of People on my ignore list: 0
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.
    https://www.instagram.com/jartist27/

Quote Originally Posted by jwatson View Post
    i'll be getting them all. X-factor is probably jst taking a break so Leah can adjust the story now that Polaris is on the main x-team.
    Not sure why it would take longer for her to adjust the story than for everyone to write their gala books where it happens or for Duggan to write X-men 1

Quote Originally Posted by Krakoa View Post
    Not sure why it would take longer for her to adjust the story than for everyone to write their gala books where it happens or for Duggan to write X-men 1
    Writing a new book and inserting a character is a bit more simple than changing an entire plot and replacing a character when you may not have thought they would have won the vote. Lorna was the only one in the vote tied to a book i believe.
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.

Writing a new book and inserting a character is a bit more simple than changing an entire plot and replacing a character when you may not have thought they would have won the vote. Lorna was the only one in the vote tied to a book i believe.
    No, Rogue was on excalibur. Leah already knew that Lorna was on X-men months ago

Doesn't bother me nearly as much with a new creative team & direction. Like there's a difference between them having a new Black Cat #1 with Jed Mackay still or a new Ms. Marvel #1 with G. Willow Wilson still than from having a book relaunched with a new team and new writer.
    Yeah, that was annoying - Unbeatable Squirrel Girl had two #1 issues in the same calendar year, which they joked about on the second #1's cover. They shouldn't have forced everything to restart from #1 after Secret Wars. If it kept the same creative team like Squirrel Girl and Ms. Marvel did, it should've carried on as it was.
    Quote Originally Posted by Uncanny X-Man View Post
    The constant renumberings are frankly pathetic, catering to the collectors/speculators market and will not go away as long as retailers keep supporting them with inflated orders. Which of course Marvel pushes them to with a deluge of variant covers. Rinse and repeat. And then they feed you some bullshit about "attracting new readers"... like I said, it's pathetic.
    It works though. Action Comics, Superman and Flash all just relaunched without renumbering - and all three were outside the top 50 for March. In short, they flopped. Action and Flash both have legacy numbering, and Superman didn't bother renumbering because it'll be doing so in July when it relaunches as Superman: Son of Kal-El (Jon's taking that title over).
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Quote Originally Posted by Rang10 View Post
    No, Rogue was on excalibur. Leah already knew that Lorna was on X-men months ago
    That's why i noted voted on if Rogue was chosen by Duggan which seems to be the case, Tini would have had more time knowing that Rogue would no longer be in the book whereas Leah had to wait until at least after the vote closed.
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    It works though. Action Comics, Superman and Flash all just relaunched without renumbering - and all three were outside the top 50 for March. In short, they flopped. Action and Flash both have legacy numbering, and Superman didn't bother renumbering because it'll be doing so in July when it relaunches as Superman: Son of Kal-El (Jon's taking that title over).
    Works at what? It can get retailers to order extra copies that they may or may not sell, but we have all seen that 4-5 issues in things return to the old numbers as retailers adjust to people not buying the book. Often relaunching can lead to lower numbers after the dust settles, and even the spike in retailers orders is lower than it used to because retailers know it does not 'work'.

Also, Justice League and Detective did not renumber and they are pretty high up there. While not a March change, Batman did not renumber either when Tynion took over.

Extraordinary Member DragonPiece's Avatar

I doubt it has anything to do with adjusting the story, most likely the artist just needed some time.

That's why i noted voted on if Rogue was chosen by Duggan which seems to be the case, Tini would have had more time knowing that Rogue would no longer be in the book whereas Leah had to wait until at least after the vote closed.
    Leah know for a long time that Polaris was voted on X-men team, writing on comics happen with months on advance.

Quote Originally Posted by DragonPiece View Post
    I doubt it has anything to do with adjusting the story, most likely the artist just needed some time.
    that seems more believable, but the book could get a fill in artist

Quote Originally Posted by cranger View Post
    Works at what? It can get retailers to order extra copies that they may or may not sell, but we have all seen that 4-5 issues in things return to the old numbers as retailers adjust to people not buying the book. Often relaunching can lead to lower numbers after the dust settles, and even the spike in retailers orders is lower than it used to because retailers know it does not 'work'.

Also, Justice League and Detective did not renumber and they are pretty high up there. While not a March change, Batman did not renumber either when Tynion took over.
    Good observation. Sometimes pointless relaunches make the book bleed numbers faster.
    Last edited by Rang10; 04-22-2021 at 05:44 PM.

So if hellfire gala month in june has 4 red issues and after reading these solicts i dont see anything major happening smh these solicts boring