Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Tenebrae View Post
    MAGGOTT COVER WORTHY STAR

I love how Silva draws Logan, all bulky and brutish.

Quote Originally Posted by Kingdom X View Post
    Right?!? And X-Force is about to do it's third plot about random plant creatures attacking. Something aint right in the universe.
    It’s called treading water until the next event...

Quote Originally Posted by sbp1972 View Post
    I wonder if X-Factor is stealth cancelled? Looking back at the June listing, it does say "The last dance". Wondering if we were supposed to take that literally. I seem to vaguely recall Hickman saying the skip months for books would be done with the Hellfire Gala in June, so if it's not a skip month...
    If X-Factor gets cancelled while X-Force, Excalibur & lowkey Marauders slip through the cracks I'll be physically sick!

I'm not really into any of the launched titles anymore other than X-Men because thats where Hickman builds his stories.

These writers are saying they are writing long from stories which is fine. We (I) can be patient. But as someone else said:

X-Force is doing another plant monster bad guy story.

Maruaders only focuses on Kitty and Emma.

Excalibur (don't even get me started) focuses only on Betsy (who is my favorite character) but Tini is not doing any character any favors in this series

X-Men is now going to be Duggans which Im excited about but I hope he writes ALL the team members.

New Mutants by Vita is one I look forward to but we're not keeping Reis

Fallen Angels deserved to end.

Titles that I think are awesome are SWORD, X-Factor, Hellions, and Way of X seems intriguing.

Spectacular Member

Wonder if Polaris switching teams had an effect on X-factor not being published in July. Maybe there was some tie in and they needed to wait until after X-Men #1 was released. It is a stretch I know but the hope I will cling to until they release the solicitations for August.

Though it isn’t the same team I guess I will have to get my fix of X-factor from X-men legengs

Also disappointing to see that there arent any major artist/writers reshuffles after the Hellfire Gala.

Alternatively, what if Williams put Polaris on the slate because she knew the book was winding down/on the bubble? She did say over on X-Men Monday that the whole pushback against Lorna's nomination on Twitter was to get eyes on X-Factor.
    Last edited by Anduinel; 04-22-2021 at 08:48 AM.

Extraordinary Member Uncanny X-Man's Avatar

X-Factor's absence is indeed suspicious especially considering it already skipped a month just now. I seem to recall from the latest charts available that it was amongst the lowest-selling X-books so it's not exactly a shock, plus with Williams getting a new book in August I wouldn't be surprised to see a relaunch/reshuffle with a new title.

I really hope X-Factor isn't cancelled. It's probably the book with the least recognizable characters (outside of maybe SWORD) but it's been such a good read so far.

Anyway I'll be picking up
    X-Men #1
    Hellions #13
    SWORD #7
    Way of X #4
    New Mutants #21

I think that's about it, depending on whether the whimsy strikes me for checking up on something else.

I was already expecting X-Factor to be cancelled in July, so not surprised. Solicitations for issue #10 gave the vibe of it ending, plus Polaris being available to go to X-men in the voting process (and she won). The book doesn't have many famous characters, the artist is not appreciated by many (although I love his work) and the first issue was not the best in my opinion, so I imagined the readers would be a very especific (internet people) public.

Gladly Leah has a new book in August, where she might keep some of the characters from X-Factor, with the big plus of Schiti in the art.

Incredible Member Lady Midnight's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by CGAR View Post
    That’s gonna being annoying if X-Factor is cancelled but Excalibur still goes on

Quote Originally Posted by Tenebrae View Post
    MAGGOTT COVER WORTHY STAR

Compared to the CotA he's an A-Lister.
    My flag is bacon.

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

I'm getting my usual faves:
    Hellions 13
    SWORD 07
    New Mutants 21
    Marauders 22
    Excalibur 22
    X-Men 01

I'll be a very happy X-camper, in July.
    Last edited by Devaishwarya; 04-22-2021 at 09:22 AM.
    Lord Ewing *Praise His name! Uplift Him in song!* Your divine works will be remembered and glorified in worship for all eternity. Amen!

Extraordinary Member Uncanny X-Man's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Master of Sound View Post
    Yeah the renumbering gets tiresome. Where are the days volumes went at least to 50 issues?
    The constant renumberings are frankly pathetic, catering to the collectors/speculators market and will not go away as long as retailers keep supporting them with inflated orders. Which of course Marvel pushes them to with a deluge of variant covers. Rinse and repeat. And then they feed you some bullshit about "attracting new readers"... like I said, it's pathetic.

Quote Originally Posted by Uncanny X-Man View Post
    The constant renumberings are frankly pathetic, catering to the collectors/speculators market and will not go away as long as retailers keep supporting them with inflated orders. Which of course Marvel pushes them to with a deluge of variant covers. Rinse and repeat. And then they feed you some bullshit about "attracting new readers"... like I said, it's pathetic.
    Doesn't bother me nearly as much with a new creative team & direction. Like there's a difference between them having a new Black Cat #1 with Jed Mackay still or a new Ms. Marvel #1 with G. Willow Wilson still than from having a book relaunched with a new team and new writer.

Quote Originally Posted by Journey View Post
    If X-Factor gets cancelled while X-Force, Excalibur & lowkey Marauders slip through the cracks I'll be physically sick!
    They are better books than x-factor

I'm keeping in mind that X-Factor is the very last book of the Hellfire Gala, so it's possible July is a skip month for the book. What I find more curious is that "The Trial" (or whatever it's really called) has no solicitation.

If Marvel did cancel X-Factor, I think that decision was premature and a mistake. They haven't given the book a chance to see what impact Lorna being on X-Men might have on X-Factor's sales, and I suspect its story will/would appeal more post-Gala. They also haven't really seen the impact that X-Factor's GLAAD nomination might have on sales. But, if there's a creative will by the team to make a very different book, that would also be plenty of reason to end it and start up a new book regardless of these elements.
    I can also be reached on BlueSky and Tumblr. Avatar by kahlart.

Ghosts of Genosha minicomic focused on Polaris, written by me and drawn by Fin_NoMore.

Polaris 50th anniversary minicomic written by me and drawn by Mlad!

Gallery of Polaris commissions (without NSFW or minicomics)