Default Jace, Jon, Yara, and Jo are here, so how long until Jess and Andy?

So as I am sure a lot of people are aware, yesterday announced that Jon Kent will officially be Superman starting in July. Which regardless of how you feel about it means we have our future state Superman. But before him, we have Jace currently getting his Batman origins, Yara is set to start her ongoing next month, and Jo of Far Sector is finishing up her first series and then hopping on over to the Green Lantern series to solve a mystery. Which means if you were to look at it we have 4/6 of the Future State Justice League in the present day.

Which begs the question: when is Jess Chambers showing up and will Andy grow up real soon?

Now I say when, because Joshua Williamson has said that we will see Jess Chambers again in the Infinite Frontier era, personally I think Jess will actually be in Williamson's Infinite Frontier miniseries because part of the story is a multiverse mystery which is the exactly the thing Future State Justice League said they showed up in the main world for.

As for Andy, here is the thing I actually do not think we will see a repeat of the Jon age up situation, I think we will get the future state version in the present. I say that because if you read Future State Aquaman then you know that Brandon Thomas created a multiverse ocean to travel through space and time, so my theory is an older version of Andy shows up out that weird ocean.

Anyway feel free to give your own thoughts and opinions.
    "It's fun and it's cool, so that's all that matters. It's what comics are for, Duh."
    Words to live by.

How old are Jace, Jo, Jess and Andy supposed to be?

I can see Jess and Andy returning to have a team up with Jon, Yara, and Damian.
    december 21st has passed where are my superpowers?

Quote Originally Posted by OopsIdiditagain View Post
    How old are Jace, Jo, Jess and Andy supposed to be?

I can see Jess and Andy returning to have a team up with Jon, Yara, and Damian.
    Jon is about 16 or 17 right now, and I would say around the same for Yara. Jace I think is actually 27 or so, Second Son said his incident was when he just turned 17 and the family says he's been gone for about 10 years. As for Jo that is really hard to say without actually looking into the issues, we know she went from graduating highschool into the military instead of going to college and then she joined the police until she was fired and joined the lanterns, so I would say she has to at least be closer to Jace in age in the 25 to 30 range.

Edit: Tom Taylor is apparently saying Jon is 17 in his run.
    Last edited by sifighter; 04-22-2021 at 09:45 AM.
    "It's fun and it's cool, so that's all that matters. It's what comics are for, Duh."
    Words to live by.

I don't see them aging up Andy too soon, but I guess if they feel the need they could go in a Jon direction, but I prefer otherwise.

I guess that depends on when we get a new Aquaman book.

I think Jesse will show up in Infinite Frontier since Williamson wrote FS JL and IF will be dealing with Multiversal threats, of which Jesse was said to come to E0 to warn about. Your idea for Andy makes sense since I don’t think they’ll be aging her up that quickly either.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

well, we have to remember Future State isn't meant to be a one to one blueprint of the DC landscape today, the event covered too much ground for that to be viable, so I don't think we're gonna see all of them in their 2045 JL iterations in the contemporary timeline.

it's already confirmed Jess is coming soon but it's gonna be them at teen age as Kid Quick. I imagine they'll be sorta like a modern Impulse-type character.

as for Andy, two things. first The Confluence isn't multiversial, it's just interplanetary. I mean, it's a magic space ocean so they could make it do whatever but as it stands it's more cosmic than Multiversal and since there is no source wall so she could come over any number of other ways. second thing, with the Future State Aquaverse I think we're more likely to Jackson as Aquaman as Andy's mentor (as they were in Aquaman Future State) than we are to see a fully grown Andy as Aquawoman come over to Earth 0. purely because it would require less multiverse shenanigans or timey-wimey shenanigans to get to that point. plus that set up provides more story opportunity for all parties (Arthur, Mera, Jackson, and Andy) as opposed to just porting Adult Andy over, since they all can have the freedom to follow their own stories as opposed to having to converge on sorting out the how, why, and how long of Adult Andy coming through.

I do think we will get more stories set in Future State (like FS: Gotham) so we'll probably see the 2045 League again, just not in the modern timeline.
    THE SIGNAL (Duke Thomas) is DC's secret shonen protagonist so I made him a fandom wiki

also, check out "The Signal Tape" a Duke Thomas fan project.

currently following:
    • DC: Red Hood: The Hill
    • Marvel: TBD
    • Manga (Shonen/Seinen): One Piece, My Hero, Dandadan, Jujutsu Kaisen, Kaiju No. 8, Reincarnation of The Veteran Soldier, Oblivion Rouge, ORDEAL, The Breaker: Eternal Force

"power does not corrupt, power always reveals."

If Aqualass/Aquawoman comes over to the present day, it should be done by time travel. She's definitely too young to be a hero otherwise, being only recently born.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

I could see all this stuff slowing rolling out during the 12 month period following July, and by summer of 2022 they have the full slate of All Legacy All The Time that they want.
    "They can be a great people Kal-El, they wish to be. They only lack the light to show the way. For this reason above all, their capacity for good, I have sent them you. My only son." - Jor-El

There's always time travel or they get a future state spinoff.

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    If Aqualass/Aquawoman comes over to the present day, it should be done by time travel. She's definitely too young to be a hero otherwise, being only recently born.
    Its DC though. Aging up Jon was the tip of the iceberg with what they've done with young kids. You don't have to dig very deep, at all, to find them doing things to kid characters that shouldn't happen.

Extraordinary Member Primal Slayer's Avatar

DC doesn't care about continuity so just retcon Andy being born 13/14 years ago.

That is pretty much what they did with Jon.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Black Belt in Bad Ideas Robanker's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by lemonpeace View Post
    well, we have to remember Future State isn't meant to be a one to one blueprint of the DC landscape today, the event covered too much ground for that to be viable, so I don't think we're gonna see all of them in their 2045 JL iterations in the contemporary timeline.

it's already confirmed Jess is coming soon but it's gonna be them at teen age as Kid Quick. I imagine they'll be sorta like a modern Impulse-type character.

as for Andy, two things. first The Confluence isn't multiversial, it's just interplanetary. I mean, it's a magic space ocean so they could make it do whatever but as it stands it's more cosmic than Multiversal and since there is no source wall so she could come over any number of other ways. second thing, with the Future State Aquaverse I think we're more likely to Jackson as Aquaman as Andy's mentor (as they were in Aquaman Future State) than we are to see a fully grown Andy as Aquawoman come over to Earth 0. purely because it would require less multiverse shenanigans or timey-wimey shenanigans to get to that point. plus that set up provides more story opportunity for all parties (Arthur, Mera, Jackson, and Andy) as opposed to just porting Adult Andy over, since they all can have the freedom to follow their own stories as opposed to having to converge on sorting out the how, why, and how long of Adult Andy coming through.

I do think we will get more stories set in Future State (like FS: Gotham) so we'll probably see the 2045 League again, just not in the modern timeline.
    Pretty much this, particularly what's I've emphasized.

If this is someone's first rodeo in comic book futures, they never stick to these longterm and they're always flash forwards to what could happen but nothing is a commitment and ultimately things arc back towards what you see on underwear at Target.

That may not be what happens this time, but I would argue it's best not to hold your breath if you want to see Jess and Andy as their FS selves in the main timeline for a while.