Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

This will help in terms of context.
    Let the flames destroy all but that which is pure and true!

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Outburstz View Post
    because that's not the point. Everyone knows that sooner or later the Five are going to be attacked( both threats on and off the island) which is going to turn krakoa on its head but not this soon.

Right now it's about celebrating the fact that unlike the last multiple decades the mutants are not facing extinction and being everyone's punching bag.
    I think they are either having a hard time telling interesting stories about celebrating or people got bored of reading them.

We are going on 2 years of this era and if they are going to shake it up, why wait until no one cares anymore? Based on the books that are continuing or starting, I see a lot of stuff that is moving away from Krakoa. I would not be surprised if the two untitled books are going to coincide with a big change.

The Red Dragon

because that's not the point. Everyone knows that sooner or later the Five are going to be attacked( both threats on and off the island) which is going to turn krakoa on its head but not this soon.

Right now it's about celebrating the fact that unlike the last multiple decades the mutants are not facing extinction and being everyone's punching bag.
    Given by the placements of even the flagship book, looks like this overhyped era was all hot air. Not much to celebrate

Quote Originally Posted by Rang10 View Post
    deadpool nor demon days are x-men books.

Books being on top 100 is the most basic requirement
    Deadpool isn't but I don't know how Demon Days: X-Men isn't an X-Men book lol.

Quote Originally Posted by cranger View Post
    I think they are either having a hard time telling interesting stories about celebrating or people got bored of reading them.

We are going on 2 years of this era and if they are going to shake it up, why wait until no one cares anymore? Based on the books that are continuing or starting, I see a lot of stuff that is moving away from Krakoa. I would not be surprised if the two untitled books are going to coincide with a big change.
    I still think it is too early to move away from Krakoa, specially that they are still using Krakoa to try to sell books. But it seems obvious that hickman is doing his thing separate from others

Sword, way of X should all had come faster. Sometimes I even think way of X wasnt needed if the flagship had dealt with those obvious problems

Quote Originally Posted by Krakoa View Post
    Deadpool isn't but I don't know how Demon Days: X-Men isn't an X-Men book lol.
    It has nothing to do with Krakoa status and isn't edited by X-men editors. The appeal of the book is having top tier artist doing interiors and her new take on Marvel properties

I still think it is too early to move away from Krakoa, specially that they are still using Krakoa to try to sell books. But it seems obvious that hickman is doing his thing separate from others

Sword, way of X should all had come faster. Sometimes I even think way of X wasnt needed if the flagship had dealt with those obvious problems
    Way of X being incorporated into X-Men would've made so much sense.
    Does it need doing?
    Yes.
    Then it will be done.

BANNED

Hickman was busy doing laundry work while we thought crucible was going to be his story. About majority of issues were all about other books therefore it was quite natural that ship is will be going down anyway. Not even the hype that Hickman has brought could save him

It's way too soon to move away from Krakoa there are still to many plot threads as well as the covid 19 that pushed many of the books back.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tank View Post
    Given by the placements of even the flagship book, looks like this overhyped era was all hot air. Not much to celebrate
    Sales =/= quality of books

Just interest in the books and based on the complaints of people thinking the mutants are supremist (a silly argument) that has more of a pull than if the story being told is good

Mighty Member

Do we know what Graphic Novel sales are like however, especially for the DOX books.
    The problem with the era isn't that there are too many books, just read the ones you want to read instead of reading them all, but there are too many good books which I like.

It's not an even/or, this is probably the most diverse selection of books we've gotten in years and will be the most diverse we'll probably ever get.

Extraordinary Member Uncanny X-Man's Avatar

Another nugget of information to put these charts in context: remember that the Dawn of X books are collected twice (unlike most books) within a short period of time: with the single series trades plus the "anthology" Dawn of X TPB. That's ignoring all possible future hardcover, omnibus volumes etc. Just having 2 different trade collections will have an impact on the floppies sales.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Uncanny X-Man View Post
    Another nugget of information to put these charts in context: remember that the Dawn of X books are collected twice (unlike most books) within a short period of time: with the single series trades plus the "anthology" Dawn of X TPB. That's ignoring all possible future hardcover, omnibus volumes etc. Just having 2 different trade collections will have an impact on the floppies sales.
    I would be curious if that plays a part, but I think the individual trades all come out around the same 2 month later period as other Marvel titles, and the Dawn of X trade is nuts, someone reading that has only just gotten "Marauders (2019) #11-12 / X-Factor (2020) #3 / Wolverine (2020) #5 / New Mutants (2019) #12 / Giant-Size X-Men: Fantomex (2020)" if they picked up the most recent volume this week.

Most of trades on X-men books sells poorly, best selling are Wolverine and x-men and none of them that impressive

I would be curious if that plays a part, but I think the individual trades all come out around the same 2 month later period as other Marvel titles, and the Dawn of X trade is nuts, someone reading that has only just gotten "Marauders (2019) #11-12 / X-Factor (2020) #3 / Wolverine (2020) #5 / New Mutants (2019) #12 / Giant-Size X-Men: Fantomex (2020)" if they picked up the most recent volume this week.
    I saw one of these daw of X and the collection seems very random/chaotic. Like Fantomex has nothing to do with any of these other stories

i really dont think they made a good impression on most readers
    Last edited by Rang10; 04-22-2021 at 12:22 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Vishop View Post
    Hickman was busy doing laundry work while we thought crucible was going to be his story. About majority of issues were all about other books therefore it was quite natural that ship is will be going down anyway. Not even the hype that Hickman has brought could save him
    X-Men is a plotless book. That's inexcusable in the flagship.

It's way too soon to move away from Krakoa there are still to many plot threads as well as the covid 19 that pushed many of the books back.
    Too soon? Even with Covid this status quo has lasted too long - they didn't need to abandon Krakoa but they should've branched out sooner.

Sales =/= quality of books

Just interest in the books and based on the complaints of people thinking the mutants are supremist (a silly argument) that has more of a pull than if the story being told is good
    I agree about sales not correlating to quality.

I don't think Krakoa having a tinge of Mutant Supremacy is a silly argument just because you disagree with it.
    Does it need doing?
    Yes.
    Then it will be done.

Why is Marvel collecting books this way?
    Does it need doing?
    Yes.
    Then it will be done.

Extraordinary Member Uncanny X-Man's Avatar

Most of trades on X-men books sells poorly, best selling are Wolverine and x-men and none of them that impressive

I saw one of these daw of X and the collection seems very random/chaotic. Like Fantomex has nothing to do with any of these other stories

i really dont think they made a good impression on most readers
    They are collecting something like 18 TPBs worth of DoX and they've already solicited the first 2 trades of Reign of X. Again, in parallel to the individual series collections. Both must be successful enough if they continue printing them.