Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 3456789 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by pkingdom View Post
    That would be an argument if there wasn't already 50+ years of content and stories to mine for intellectual property. If they want to tell stories about Kitty Pride, Cyclops, Wolverine, etc. they don't need to look at the current stuff when there's years and years of more iconic content to get through first. Again, you're making a very good argument for why they're keeping Champions around; they are younger characters who are decently popular that don't have a lot of stories to them yet, and some of them are starting to show up in movies and TV. But that does not apply to the new stuff.
    But what is going to give you more intellectual might? Repeats of the same story with the same characters or a world with a new narrative. Marvel if they wanted could literally introudce the x-men in the MCU using the very first issue of HOX and not miss a beat. "humans while the world slept" and easily do a show on each one. No one is clamoring to shift through 50 years of dates stories that would have to be reinvented for modern times when a modern view with a softer way to display the message without taking over your whole world is right there. But i can see how people who are attached to that 50 years of experience want to mine it but the people in the board rooms aren't really thinking about that. Why pay for a treatment when hickman gave you one including maps, locales, and so on. Hickman is a very smart man imo.
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    Number of People on my ignore list: 0
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.
    https://www.instagram.com/jartist27/

Quote Originally Posted by jwatson View Post
    But what is going to give you more intellectual might? Repeats of the same story with the same characters or a world with a new narrative. Marvel if they wanted could literally introudce the x-men in the MCU using the very first issue of HOX and not miss a beat. "humans while the world slept" and easily do a show on each one. No one is clamoring to shift through 50 years of dates stories that would have to be reinvented for modern times when a modern view with a softer way to display the message without taking over your whole world is right there. But i can see how people who are attached to that 50 years of experience want to mine it but the people in the board rooms aren't really thinking about that. Why pay for a treatment when hickman gave you one including maps, locales, and so on. Hickman is a very smart man imo.
    Of couse they can do HOX, but that would be pure fanservice as mutants were never persecuted on marvel universe because they still doesn't exist

Quote Originally Posted by Rang10 View Post
    Of couse they can do HOX, but that would be pure fanservice as mutants were never persecuted on marvel universe because they still doesn't exist
    Exactly. Which one is easier to introduce? This version or the version from 50 years ago. Now marvel has a whole breath of character that can affect the MCU and still have it like they moved to the island because of early hate and been hiding. Personally i would brand the previous version as X-men Legends and those stories were more fox stories, disney doesn't gas their mutants so we are approaching fear and hate in a very real way finding out there is a small community of super powered people living on a mutant island. But that is just me speculating the easiest route while taking into account the current PC variables in the world today while doing a bit of P.R.
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    Number of People on my ignore list: 0
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.
    https://www.instagram.com/jartist27/

Exactly. Which one is easier to introduce? This version or the version from 50 years ago. Now marvel has a whole breath of character that can affect the MCU and still have it like they moved to the island because of early hate and been hiding. Personally i would brand the previous version as X-men Legends and those stories were more fox stories, disney doesn't gas their mutants so we are approaching fear and hate in a very real way finding out there is a small community of super powered people living on a mutant island. But that is just me speculating the easiest route while taking into account the current PC variables in the world today while doing a bit of P.R.
    You keep talking about the value of IP while dismissing the value of all the IP that has come before. Stories with proven value and longevity have far more value as IP than new stories. So stories like Days of future Past and Night of the Sentinels are much more valuable than anything Hickman has done. And iconic setting well-known to a general audience have much more value than anything new. So things like the school are much more valuable than Krakoa. Or to put it bluntly, the version from 50 years ago would be much, much easier and more lucrative than the version from a couple years ago in the books.

The discussion about starting with HoX in the Marvel movies has been discussed to death on other topics. It would literally be a rehash of the movie Black Panther.

It is easier to introduce the traditional X-men. Krakoa is just x-men imitating the Inhumans and the inhumans do it much better.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Rang10 View Post
    It is easier to introduce the traditional X-men. Krakoa is just x-men imitating the Inhumans and the inhumans do it much better.
    I mean, you're not wrong. But you shouldn't say it.

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

Agreed on all points.

Retreading of the past stories prior to HiX-Man would be pure fan-service to those long-time readers...not necessarily a bad thing if done well but...do we really need another Dark Phoenix Saga (even one told better)? Or a GS: ANAD origin movie?
    And they'll most likely use Claremont's plots...again not a bad thing but...Fox already gave us a slew of bad nostalgia movies. And I appreciate Claremont but his plots are dated.
    It's time to get au-courant. Can we please have current-day X-Men told in a current-day setting? To at least draw in the general viewing public the majority of whom are not the die-hard long-time readers and fans...as this board can attest...the rest of us will be there whether we hate it or not, no matter what.
    Last edited by Devaishwarya; 04-23-2021 at 08:53 AM.
    Lord Ewing *Praise His name! Uplift Him in song!* Your divine works will be remembered and glorified in worship for all eternity. Amen!

Mighty Member

there's a mile's worth of storylines between the phoenix saga and krakoa in terms of stories that they could pull from that Fox absolutely has not even touched.

Quote Originally Posted by ZephyrSurf View Post
    there's a mile's worth of storylines between the phoenix saga and krakoa in terms of stories that they could pull from that Fox absolutely has not even touched.
    Beat me to the punch, I don't get why it's an either or situation.
    Does it need doing?
    Yes.
    Then it will be done.

Quote Originally Posted by pkingdom View Post
    You keep talking about the value of IP while dismissing the value of all the IP that has come before. Stories with proven value and longevity have far more value as IP than new stories. So stories like Days of future Past and Night of the Sentinels are much more valuable than anything Hickman has done. And iconic setting well-known to a general audience have much more value than anything new. So things like the school are much more valuable than Krakoa. Or to put it bluntly, the version from 50 years ago would be much, much easier and more lucrative than the version from a couple years ago in the books.

The discussion about starting with HoX in the Marvel movies has been discussed to death on other topics. It would literally be a rehash of the movie Black Panther.
    I see it as more weird and Avatar like, as their entire economy and society runs on organics. Regardless, you are assuming they can’t do both — give us the new status quo in the present day while mining the past at the same time.

Assuming it’s revealed somehow that mutants have always been here, which would have to be the case considering the longevity of some mutants as well as their connections to other MCU characters and events throughout history, and thus somehow they were hidden or forgotten by the public (or maybe some reality altering event weaves them back into the MCU’s history/timeline); then it stands to reason that once that gets out, the reaction is swift and severe from humanity and Orchis (former Hydra, SHIELD, etc.) and thus the move to the island would make perfect sense for the X-men film and would truly differentiate from FOX’s version set out of the school.

At the same time, via Disney+ they could mine the past with not only a Wolverine anthology series that spans the 20th century but also an X-men: First Class series which in season two morphs into All New All Different X-men, and so on and so forth, and covers their past MCU adventures. Talk about having your cake and eating it too! Feige’s a bright guy. I’m sure he’s considered this.

I mean, you're not wrong. But you shouldn't say it.
    hahaha yep, it can be hard to deal. It really shows that maybe Inhumans could be a mainstream success

Fox barely scratched x-men stories, relatioships, team dynamics and villains. X-men will have a lot of untouched material for Marvel to work, Krakoa isn't even needed or wanted right now
    Last edited by Rang10; 04-23-2021 at 10:09 AM.

The X-films were Wolverine solos, Wolverine and friends, Charles Mags and Mystique Adventures, and Deadpool. There's tons that can be done that doesn't lead to the third DPS.
    Does it need doing?
    Yes.
    Then it will be done.

Astonishing Member gonnagiveittoya's Avatar

For instance, just some bare bones simple stuff:

Cyclops being the leader of the team
    Angel being an X-Man in any way shape or form
    Pretty much all the villains other than Trask, Magneto, and Apocalypse. And the Phoenix Force

Mighty Member

With the exception of X-Men and X-Force, the sales of the rest of the regular titles is just pathetic (ignoring the #1 of course).

I don't expect sales of Children of Atom to remain high beyond issue #2.

Sadly, there's no ranking for New Mutants and Marauders in March.

That goes to show that X of Sword was a flop and there're just too many X titles floating around that is of low quality.

Quote Originally Posted by Hizashi View Post
    Beat me to the punch, I don't get why it's an either or situation.
    It’s not and to be honest the MCU is pretty good at mixing old stories with current ones so we could easily see an amalgamation.