Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Incredible Member Lady Midnight's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Uncanny X-Man View Post
    Can't he just go through life until he gets old just like the rest of us?
    Better yet, he should go away period.
    My flag is bacon.

Spectacular Member

oh yeah this preview is where I finally realized/noticed a particular question: how would they real with resurrecting Cable if young Cable dies? does Cerebro have a separate entry for old and young? does young Cable's memories essentially overwrite the old one since technically he's the latest version running around? this also brings an interesting question in regards to all those Cable clones a few issues back, I wonder if lets say young Cable had died before all the clones were killed, would it have been possible Cerebro had recorded the last clone's memories and assumed that was Cable's latest memory?

Extraordinary Member Master of Sound's Avatar

It was already mentioned in the previous issue on why he wants the other guy back....
    "COURAGE, DON'T YOU DARE LET ME DOWN"
    ==================================================

Good preview. Kid Cable has really grown on me in recent years. I like the idea of him being young so he can be an active part of the Summers family. I think it has made for some great moments for him, Cyclops, Jean, and Rachel. But if he goes back to being his old, grizzled self, I won't be too disappointed. That is the Cable most know and love. Guess we'll have to wait and see how it all plays out.
    Join me on the official website for X-men Supreme, home of Marvel Universe 1015. Want a fresh take on X-men? Click below to enter the official home of Marvel at it's most Supreme!

Or if you want, check out my YouTube channel, Jack's World.

Extraordinary Member Master of Sound's Avatar

I would not mind if this younger version stays instead of the other guy. As now he builds up a real son/partens relationship with Cycke and Jean, plus a bro-sis relationship with Rachel. I liked that so far and it pays out.

He does fit nicely within SWORD believe.
    "COURAGE, DON'T YOU DARE LET ME DOWN"

For me if the young version sticks around, then Cable — the real version that I am a fan of and have been for many, many years — continues to be dead to me as a character. Which is fine, if that’s Marvel’s decision, but I won’t get behind him. Instead I’ll just view him as a new character I don’t care for, and will ignore his appearances and continue to hope he goes away. A lot of actual Cable fans will feel the same way I’m sure, which is why fundamentally altering a 30+ year character who is/was popular is problematic. Better to just create new ones in my view. Or use some of the many that are out there in limbo waiting for someone to do something with them.

Amazing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Jackraow21 View Post
    For me if the young version sticks around, then Cable — the real version that I am a fan of and have been for many, many years — continues to be dead to me as a character. Which is fine, if that’s Marvel’s decision, but I won’t get behind him. Instead I’ll just view him as a new character I don’t care for, and will ignore his appearances and continue to hope he goes away. A lot of actual Cable fans will feel the same way I’m sure, which is why fundamentally altering a 30+ year character who is/was popular is problematic. Better to just create new ones in my view. Or use some of the many that are out there in limbo waiting for someone to do something with them.
    So if you see him as a new character then when old cable returns are you going to just ignore that him being on Krakoa when he was young is now part of old cable's backstory?

Pretty much. Nothing of substance really happened. He cried for his mommy and daddy a couple of times. Found a sword. That’s about it.

Quote Originally Posted by silvercover View Post
    oh yeah this preview is where I finally realized/noticed a particular question: how would they real with resurrecting Cable if young Cable dies? does Cerebro have a separate entry for old and young? does young Cable's memories essentially overwrite the old one since technically he's the latest version running around? this also brings an interesting question in regards to all those Cable clones a few issues back, I wonder if lets say young Cable had died before all the clones were killed, would it have been possible Cerebro had recorded the last clone's memories and assumed that was Cable's latest memory?
    I'm assuming it's this. Old Cable wasn't around for Krakoa's creation so they wouldn't have been able to back up his mind, but he's used Cerebro at least once in the past as an adult, so who knows. What I'm wondering is if Jean and Scott would even want him brought back as an adult. I assume they would have a say over how or if he's resurrected since they're his parents, but I get the feeling that if they had to choose between bringing him back with his adult body/mind/personality or his teenage/body/mind/personality, they'd go for the teenager. I've been getting the impression throughout this series that Scott isn't particularly happy with the person Cable grew into and is treating this whole thing like a second chance to start over and raise him the "right" way.
    Last edited by gnostalgic; 04-23-2021 at 09:00 PM.

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by Jackraow21 View Post
    It's kind of like how I ignore Bendis' aged-up Jon Kent (well, I don't really ignore -- I actively hate the idea and whine about it, but I don't support anything with Jon Bendt in it), and hire gangsters to bring the one I like back.

Fantastic Member

Away from the Cable character, but now I'm wondering if there was anything to that story with the Spaceknights and sword of Galador. (X of Swords made the whole sword motif pointless)
    It doesn't feel like there's no fallout going forward with dead Roms, and the sword itself is worth much storywise now.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by gnostalgic View Post
    I'm assuming it's this. Old Cable wasn't around for Krakoa's creation so they wouldn't have been able to back up his mind, but he's used Cerebro at least once in the past as an adult, so who knows. What I'm wondering is if Jean and Scott would even want him brought back as an adult. I assume they would have a say over how or if he's resurrected since they're his parents, but I get the feeling that if they had to choose between bringing him back with his adult body/mind/personality or his teenage/body/mind/personality, they'd go for the teenager. I've been getting the impression throughout this series that Scott isn't particularly happy with the person Cable grew into and is treating this whole thing like a second chance to start over and raise him the "right" way.
    Cerebro has been doing backups long before they moved to Krakoa, that is how they bringing back all the mutants who died in the past so it would have been scanning OG Cable including up to his 'death'.

At some point Junior Cable has to go back to the future with his memories wiped, it is just becoming another Teen X-Men thing, and I would not be surprised if he plants some sort of trigger in his memory to trick his death.

Quote Originally Posted by silvercover View Post
    I’d imagine that rather than overriding Old Cable’s memories that it basically fills in the memories from that part of Young Cable’s life. So OG Cable’s memories are still there but if they need to revive young Cable, it draws from up to that point rather than up to OG Cable’s.

Don’t forget that Cable was backing up his own consciousness and uploading it into cloned bodies long before all of this, back in Spurrier’s delightfully weird X-Force run thanks to some help from Dr. Nemesis. That’s also when Psylocke kept sleeping with his clones before they died each night.