Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    Spectacular Member

Default X-force 19 spoilers

man looks il be the one to make the thread, not a lot are interested in the current state of the book I guess.

anyways, phoebe ends up calling jean for help to get quentin out since it seems to be too much for him to handle. quentin manages to get some info on where the thing is probably located, jean and domino head over there personally to destroy it and the facility while quentin and phoebe try to take it down from the mental plane. black tom gets mind controlled and causes phoebe to get disconnected leaving quentin vulnerable but he manages to kill it himself.

quentin got some nice character development from this arc but feels it went on for too long and the art for it has been bad, I thought Fallen Angels and New Mutants were the worse art for the current era in X-books but they looked consistent and clear at least while this one I feel like have the character's expressions melting off at times.

The art is so bad, IDK how they got courage to print this.

This arc felt too long, but here we go again with the same development Quentin had on the past runs

Quote Originally Posted by Rang10 View Post
    The art is so bad, IDK how they got courage to print this.

This arc felt too long, but here we go again with the same development Quentin had on the past runs
    Lmao this made me laugh hard. It was indeed courageous to print the lobster hand. The story was great though. If i was Percy i would be like "are they trying to phase me out?" That art was ALMOST as bad as fallen angel. bless that colorist.
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    Number of People on my ignore list: 0
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.
    https://www.instagram.com/jartist27/

Spectacular Member

For some reason this issue just seemed to fall flat for me with not really a whole lot to talk about. It was too similar to the earlier tale when the same thing happened to Domino. In both cases the factory was destroyed preventing further harm but nothing came from that would prevent this from happening again. Shouldn't there have at least been someone at the factory pulling the strings and ultimately manipulating the Quentin clone?

I did find it odd that when planning the assault in a book that is suppose to have a ready strike team only two members were available (Domino and Quentin). Though I admit to not usually liking Wolverine to appear in every book the fact that he was missing from the Team book he is suppose to be in seemed strange.

The inclusion of Jean to the book was good as she is an Omega telepath and was needed to help Quentin and Sophie prepare for their battle on the mental plane but really felt she would have helped more on the mental plane and left Domino and Collousus on the Ground assault.

Hopefully now that this story arc is complete I hope they can get the team focus back to the issue in Russia and the returning of the Cerebro Sword. I want to see the team shift gear and stop always being on the defensive and start being more proactive in handling current threats.

The most interesting thing to me in this issue was the insert mentioning that someone is still spying on Piotr and there might be some hidden messages relayed in his artwork.

Spectacular Member sensormellow's Avatar

That was....an issue.

Another Quentin focused issue with bad art to boot. No thanks! Dropping this title.

I like Percy’s writing a lot but this issue was a bit of a dud. After being spoiled by Cassara on this title the change in art was just jarring, also the cover for this issue was soooooo good but the interior art just didn’t deliver. This was definitely a retread of the Domino arc but I’m hoping that means we get to wrap up the Xeno plot and move on to something new. It also didn’t help that Way of X and Sword just killed it today.

For me Percy has definitely earned my trust and I’m guessing this was just part of the larger story he wants to tell and next issue will be better.
    You brought back Wolverine

The CBR Community Standards a.k.a how to get along.

I'm about to drop this book. Enough is enough.

Spectacular Member

well here's to hoping the hellfire gala event will shake up the book team lineup a bit like it seems to be for some of the other books.

I really like Percy's writing but why is the art so bad? I don't get it....is it really so difficult to give a high profile book more than one good artist? Because Cassara is amazing and fits the tone of the book so perfectly.
    Last edited by Exodus; 04-21-2021 at 10:43 PM.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Exodus View Post
    I really like Percy's writing but why is the art so bad? I don't get it....is it really so difficult to give a high profile book more than one good artist? Because Caesura is amazing and fits the tone of the book so perfectly.
    The art is somewhat fitting for a horror story. But X-Force isn't (all) about horror mythos or whatever you like to say. The artist does have a history of doing horror comics.

Quote Originally Posted by Vishop View Post
    The art is somewhat fitting for a horror story. But X-Force isn't (all) about horror mythos or whatever you like to say. The artist does have a history of doing horror comics.
    that explains jean's face here...lol definitely monstrous...

Everything Fades Away... butterflykyss's Avatar

with a face like this how could you not enjoy the issue?

all jokes aside the issue was a good read.
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by butterflykyss View Post
    with a face like this how could you not enjoy the issue?

all jokes aside the issue was a good read.
    lol poor woman looks like a Beverly Hills housewife early in the morning.

But, at least, someone respects and depicts Jean's real age! She's 58, isn't she?
    Last edited by Exodus; 04-22-2021 at 12:07 AM.

Astonishing Member

I believe this book is floundering because there is no team dynamic whatsoever.They need to introduce new team members ,or make it a rotational title.While Logan can still be captain or Beast de facto boss reporting to the council.We need each table at the council appointing a member to this team, which I presume is supposed to be the best Krakoa has to offer , the elite squad cannot be a book about Kid Omega whinning to a Cookoo.Every table having a member who reports to the respective council members that handpicked them would create drama, different dynamics in the field and plenty of intrigue because motivations and goals could be deepened from story to story. This Collosus moping,Omega whinning and 75% of the team being redundant(with a team made up of 3-4 field members at any one time)is just disgraceful.It started out with a bang but darn this has to be now one of the most boring Xforce titles I've read
    Last edited by Rev9; 04-22-2021 at 07:00 AM.