Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 35
  1. #1
    Astonishing Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2015
    Posts
    3,631

  2. #2
    Astonishing Member
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    3,811

    Default

    I wonder just what Farouk's actual game is. At different points in his shpiel he seems to be saying different things. There's one point where he seems to imply that he wants Rahne's help specifically because she's a mother who can be a parent to the kids. But elsewhere he seems to imply that it's her 'damage' that makes her the best choice to help them. If it's the latter then the better choice would be the person who was even more damaged but has succeeded in moving past that, not the person who just suffered a huge trauma an hour ago. I feel like Farouk is gathering pets.

  3. #3
    Incredible Member
    Join Date
    May 2019
    Posts
    547

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by sunofdarkchild View Post
    I wonder just what Farouk's actual game is. At different points in his shpiel he seems to be saying different things. There's one point where he seems to imply that he wants Rahne's help specifically because she's a mother who can be a parent to the kids. But elsewhere he seems to imply that it's her 'damage' that makes her the best choice to help them. If it's the latter then the better choice would be the person who was even more damaged but has succeeded in moving past that, not the person who just suffered a huge trauma an hour ago. I feel like Farouk is gathering pets.
    Farouk is a chaos entity who has only ever wanted to spread as much destruction and hate across the world as he can. Look back at the Muir Island Saga, he was using Polaris (with her Zaladane powers) as a means to spread hate across the entire globe. Hell, Claremont intended for Farouk to be responsible for everything in the X-Men (an author of all your pain type deal) to try and bring about a chaotic Days of Future Past type future. Assuming Vita is following that, well I would assume Farouk is stirring shit and seeing where it takes him.

  4. #4
    Extraordinary Member BroHomo's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    Da Souf
    Posts
    6,242

    Default

    After the sh!t he pulled with karma why would Rahne even listen to that mess?
    GrindrStone(D)

  5. #5
    Incredible Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Posts
    985

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by BroHomo View Post
    After the sh!t he pulled with karma why would Rahne even listen to that mess?

    Rahne is gonna be packing on the pounds soon

  6. #6
    Mighty Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2015
    Posts
    1,010

    Default

    Shadow King when a vulnerable young person is near by


  7. #7
    BANNED Rang10's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2020
    Posts
    2,919

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ZephyrSurf View Post
    Shadow King when a vulnerable young person is near by

    he has no problem in finding them

  8. #8
    Fantastic Member Leirus's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2017
    Posts
    335

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by BroHomo View Post
    After the sh!t he pulled with karma why would Rahne even listen to that mess?
    I think the idea here is that the Shadow King was riding Farouk? Like he did with Karma? So maybe they do not know the Shadow King itself is back.

  9. #9
    Extraordinary Member Master of Sound's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Posts
    7,689

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Leirus View Post
    I think the idea here is that the Shadow King was riding Farouk? Like he did with Karma? So maybe they do not know the Shadow King itself is back.
    The thing is, we still do not have confirmation that the Shadow King is indeed involved or that this is just Farouk. When I read all previous issues, it does not make clear if Farouk is doing bad stuff, or just following what he thinks is good. It seems he believes he is making the kids stronger and no alternative motives have been shown yet.

    Farouk has always been connected to Shadow King, but I think this might just be the guy himself.
    "I have been dancing with you my entire life "

  10. #10
    Extraordinary Member BroHomo's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    Da Souf
    Posts
    6,242

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Leirus View Post
    I think the idea here is that the Shadow King was riding Farouk? Like he did with Karma? So maybe they do not know the Shadow King itself is back.
    Quote Originally Posted by Master of Sound View Post
    The thing is, we still do not have confirmation that the Shadow King is indeed involved or that this is just Farouk. When I read all previous issues, it does not make clear if Farouk is doing bad stuff, or just following what he thinks is good. It seems he believes he is making the kids stronger and no alternative motives have been shown yet.

    Farouk has always been connected to Shadow King, but I think this might just be the guy himself.
    Yeah I'd rather it just be confirmed Farouk is the Shadow King is Farouk.
    Take some damn agency!
    But if it is a separate entity where was Farouk when Karma was possessed? When Xavier reduced him to an incorporeal being I guess their psyche's or whatever got merged?
    GrindrStone(D)

  11. #11
    Astonishing Member danielsan52's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Posts
    2,551

    Default

    Farouk should get killed, and resurrected as a younger person and love interest for Malice.
    Calling Wanda a Pretender is Trumpian at best

  12. #12
    Astonishing Member mugiwara's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    2,451

    Default

    I don't think Xavier has a back up of young Farouk.
    Bringing back the old, killing the young: that's the Marvel way

  13. #13
    Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2018
    Posts
    6,994

    Default

    Farouk's recent appearances all suggest he's up to no good.
    I understand the emotional pain she's feeling might be overwhelming but...Rahne really should know better. At least not be so trusting. I would have thought her wolfen senses would pick up something is not quite right with Farouk.
    We are MUTANT...One people. One tribe. One family...Planet Arakko, FOREVER!!!

  14. #14
    Astonishing Member mugiwara's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    2,451

    Default

    Rhane had to be in a team with her son's murderer and now she lives in an island where her mom's murderer is part of the High Council.
    I guess she just doesn't care anymore.
    Bringing back the old, killing the young: that's the Marvel way

  15. #15
    Incredible Member
    Join Date
    May 2019
    Posts
    547

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Leirus View Post
    I think the idea here is that the Shadow King was riding Farouk? Like he did with Karma? So maybe they do not know the Shadow King itself is back.
    The previous issues implied that Farouk and the Shadow King were separate beings that had merged due to spending so much time bonded, which was the prevailing theory prior to this.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •