Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567
    Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by NC_Yankee View Post
    Numbers do not always tell the story. For example:,Guardians of the galaxy did better at the Box Office then a couple of the Spider-Man movies. I admit I am not an X-Men fan never was ( except Wolverine), but I would take the FF over the X-Men. Why? A more fun comic ( especially Ben).
    yeah, while it's tempting to think so, there are so many factors involved. IMO there doesn't even need to be a "best team" or "top hero" anymore.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Castle View Post
    I never said Cyclops.LOL. I said X-Men as a lore-universe. If you find cyclops boring, sure, however in marvel universe own reality and actual character development and good quality writing.Cyclops is one of the most compelling heroes and one of the best written modernized comic heroes since the 2000s. The fact is in the proof of Grant Morrison X-Men and Whedon X-Men.

Cyclops family also defined perhaps what is now the most infamous soap opera family in comic history with the Summers-Grey family, and you know what is the opposite of boring? A Soap Opera. Xavier is one of the most complicated, unpredictable and messed people in marvel with many flaws, failures, secrets and hypocrisies.

it looks as if you are looking at xmen from the movies? and the movies only covered like 5% of the lore. which is as far as their movies are going get.
    If you find Logan the only interesting character than I suggest you find out about other characters like Gambit, Bishop, Nightcrawler, Cable, Bishop, ArcAngel, Fantom X and don't let me even start with the X-Men females, who not only defined comic book feminism, but made male readers care more about them as real characters aside from their pretty looks

Honesty I am getting a little worried and quite disappointed about why many comic movies fans of marvel dont know much about marvel universe comics? historically watching movies or tv shows always makes people find out more about the source material. Lord of the rings, Harry Potter, Hunger Games, Game of Thrones, many of their fans first saw their tv shows or movies, then they got deep into the books and about 90% of them, always came to the same conclusion that ....the books were better.

Marvel is the one franchise I have seen where fans never cared to get to know the books source material with stretched comments like saying xmen lives on an island alone...when did that happen and thinks this is what defines the series? 2-3 years ago? we are not talking of 1970s or 1960s till now. the long history of the universe to the point there is now Krakoa. There is no weight in putting Avengers, iron man inhumans lore in the same class as Spiderman lore or even a richer stand alone universe like, xmen. have you noticed how X books and Spiderman has a much lager database or mythology on this board than the entire Marvel forum?
    I am basically Spider-Man exclusive ( until Dan Slott leaves FF then I will go back). The only comics that EVER interested me ( besides Peter and FF) were Thor, Daredevil and ( more recently Miles). I enjoy Peter and MJ and Peter kicking bad guy ( or gal) ass. I do not care about feminism, politics or social issues, and in particular do not want to be preached to. The number one ( and by no means the only reason) I dropped Amazing during Dan Slott’s run is Amazing got me angry. Propaganda masquerading as entertainment is not something that I enjoy ( regardless of if I agree with the viewpoint pushed). Basically if I want politics I can put on CNN, MSNBC or Fox and get that. I would rather relax with an Islander or Yankee game or a classic movie.
    Last edited by NC_Yankee; 05-03-2021 at 02:23 PM.

Ultimate Member

What exactly counts as propaganda to you?

Astonishing Member

[QUOTE=Mik;5521136]What exactly counts as propaganda to you?[/QUOTr lots of TV shows like NCIS LA.
    Last edited by NC_Yankee; 05-03-2021 at 04:05 PM.

Ultimate Member

[QUOTE=NC_Yankee;5521182]
    Quote Originally Posted by Mik View Post
    What exactly counts as propaganda to you?[/QUOTr lots of TV shows like NCIS LA.
    Ok. How so?

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by NC_Yankee View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Mik View Post
    What exactly counts as propaganda to you?
    lots of TV shows like NCIS LA.
    It was so painful that I had to fix it.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by PCN24454 View Post
    It was so painful that I had to fix it.
    I didn't realize I messed that up