Page 10 of 20 FirstFirst ... 67891011121314 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Psy-lock View Post
    The only way I can see the future movies working out is if they kill off this Cole Yang character in the next one, preferably at the very beginning.
    Hell yeah. He already took Johnny's place in this movie. He might as well fully commit to it XD

Cole at the VERY least can be made into a supporting character, if there's one positive with the movie it's that his arc is essentially done.

I enjoyed it. It wasn’t perfect by any means but I thought it was fun. I’m down for a sequel. I wanted more Kabal.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Blue22 View Post
    Hell yeah. He already took Johnny's place in this movie. He might as well fully commit to it XD
    Cole like Cage should be supporting characters.

Liu Kang won the first tournament and was even charged with resetting the time line at the end of MK 11 (before Aftermath).

He should be the main character.

Quote Originally Posted by Blue22 View Post

Because the movie did a **** job explaining just about everything. Even the stuff they made up for the movie, like that "arcana" BS. Apparently you're supposed to unlock the power through some kind of emotional struggle and yet Sonya got hers right away. All she had to do was kill a guy she already didn't like. Hell even Liu Kang's explanation for his powers (if I'm remembering correctly) makes it seem less like it's something you have to unlock and more like something you get just by killing someone with the dragon mark...except for Kano. Who DID kill someone to get his mark and still had to unlock his powers.

Giving a reason for why supposedly normal humans in the MK mythos have superpowers was a good idea. But holy ****, at least be consistent with your own rules.
    I liked the arcana stuff.

They said your powers can unlocked due to an emotional moment and I think Liu's was killing was sounded like a pedophile. "collected rare things including children" I think was the line.

Kano's came when they essentially challenged his manhood and pissed him off to the nth degree. Jax came trying to save Sonya even with worthless arms. Cole's came from trying to save his family. Sonya's came from... errrr... being so overjoyed that she killed the dirtbag AND got his mark? lol errr... sre.
    Black Panther Discord Server: https://discord.gg/SA3hQerktm

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

Quote Originally Posted by Username taken View Post
    Cole like Cage should be supporting characters.

Liu Kang won the first tournament and was even charged with resetting the time line at the end of MK 11 (before Aftermath).

He should be the main character.
    I dont think Liu's actor has the screen presence to lead at all unfortunately.

Quote Originally Posted by SuperiorIronman View Post
    The rules of the tournament is that every 50 years a fighting tournament is held in the realm to decide the fate of the universe.
    I understand the basic rules.

But it didn't seem to matter if Shang can just teleport assassins wherever he wants to kill off people. And Raiden can do... nothing? Until he wants to and teleports Shang away? Or teleport the other fighters when he wants too? Or just hide between realms (why not hide there first lol?).

And Shang doesn't get involved... until he wants too and takes dudes soul because... he was no longer beneath him because he killed his Boo or something? Why doens't he just take them out one by one himself? Is this an ego thing?

The rules weren't really established and the stakes for BREAKING the rules seem to be zero. So what is the point of the tournament lol? Why did raiden wait til RIGHT before the tournament to go find this people when he can just telepot people at will?
    Black Panther Discord Server: https://discord.gg/SA3hQerktm

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

Quote Originally Posted by MindofShadow View Post
    I understand the basic rules.

But it didn't seem to matter if Shang can just teleport assassins wherever he wants to kill off people. And Raiden can do... nothing? Until he wants to and teleports Shang away? Or teleport the other fighters when he wants too? Or just hide between realms (why not hide there first lol?).

And Shang doesn't get involved... until he wants too and takes dudes soul because... he was no longer beneath him because he killed his Boo or something? Why doens't he just take them out one by one himself? Is this an ego thing?

The rules weren't really established and the stakes for BREAKING the rules seem to be zero. So what is the point of the tournament lol? Why did raiden wait til RIGHT before the tournament to go find this people when he can just telepot people at will?
    One reasoning I've seen is that Raiden said the Elder Gods have been very lax about everything is what allowed Shang to do what he did.

I dont think Liu's actor has the screen presence to lead at all unfortunately.
    Cole actor doesn't have either, but here we are.
    DC: Dick Grayson, Wally West, Donna Troy, Yara Flor, Titans

Some of my favorite Mangas: One Piece, Slam Dunk, Fullmetal Alchemist, HunterXHunter, Vinland Saga, Monster, Berserk, Vagabond.
    Current reading: Jujutsu Kaisen, Chainsaw Man, Spy X Family, Kaiju Nș8, Blue Lock, Dandadan.

Saw it, thought it was okay but certainly could have been better.

Very strong start, good finish, let down by the middle.

Kano was the most entertaining, which probably isn't a good thing for a potential franchise.

I didn't hate Cole, but found him not needing to be there. I think it would have stronger if Sonya was the focus honestly.

Way better than MK: Annihilation but honestly liked the first Mortal Kombat better than this.
    Current Pull: Amazing Spider-Man and Domino

Bunn for Deadpool's Main Book!

Cole...I had no idea he was an original character while watching this film. I REALLY thought he was going to be revealed to be either a reincarnated Scorpion or Takeda from MKX. Takeda trained under Scorpion, had similar weapons as Cole, Asian. Kinda let down that he's just some random new guy

I'm extremely pissed. They did my boy Reptile dirty again. Also they treated Mileena like she's some tertiary character. Never cared about Scorpion and his blood feud but at least Bi-han's pretty good. Can't believe Kano is my favorite in this movie. Well it's better than Annihilation I guess.

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    Cole...I had no idea he was an original character while watching this film. I REALLY thought he was going to be revealed to be either a reincarnated Scorpion or Takeda from MKX. Takeda trained under Scorpion, had similar weapons as Cole, Asian. Kinda let down that he's just some random new guy
    Well Cole said he was an orphan. So in theory they could still make him Takeda in the sequel. He just finds out his birth parents, or a least his dad Kenshi, is still alive, and what his real name is (Takeda Takahashi).

Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar

I liked the arcana stuff.

They said your powers can unlocked due to an emotional moment and I think Liu's was killing was sounded like a pedophile. "collected rare things including children" I think was the line.

Kano's came when they essentially challenged his manhood and pissed him off to the nth degree. Jax came trying to save Sonya even with worthless arms. Cole's came from trying to save his family. Sonya's came from... errrr... being so overjoyed that she killed the dirtbag AND got his mark? lol errr... sre.
    Sonya had the least emotional and mental hangups in the cast and she actually wants to participate in the tournament. I'm fine with her just getting her arcana since she had to prove her worth long before killing Kano to get hers.

Extraordinary Member

Eh.. this was pretty bad. They did Jax real dirty and the magical unlock??? Why? Magically unlocked bionic arms? C'mon son. Gotta watch Annihilation again cuz not sure this better. In fact I think it was worse

Is only worse than Annihilation if people want to laugh at the movie.

Annihilation is trash, this one i can at least find some good things about it.
    DC: Dick Grayson, Wally West, Donna Troy, Yara Flor, Titans

Some of my favorite Mangas: One Piece, Slam Dunk, Fullmetal Alchemist, HunterXHunter, Vinland Saga, Monster, Berserk, Vagabond.
    Current reading: Jujutsu Kaisen, Chainsaw Man, Spy X Family, Kaiju Nș8, Blue Lock, Dandadan.