Page 8 of 20 FirstFirst ... 45678910111218 ... LastLast

This should finally end the career of hack producer Todd Garner. The esteemed producer of Paul Blart Mall Cop will return to movie jail where he belongs.

www.taurianfilms.com KabutoRyder's Avatar

Meh-Tal Kombat basically sums up my feelings on it.

Lewis Tan is just not leading man material. He was great in Wu Assassins because he was a supporting character. Right now that is his ceiling. Out of that and that amazing first Seven minutes with the Hanzo/Bi Han stuff, it was downhill from there.

The guy who played Kano was hilarious tho
    Geek / Gamer / Filmmaker / Indy Pro Wrestler
    @SebastionEnvi (Twitter/Instagram)
    youtube.com/SkunkLifeMedia

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Serpico Jones View Post
    This should finally end the career of hack producer Todd Garner. The esteemed producer of Paul Blart Mall Cop will return to movie jail where he belongs.
    I will have to put him on my watch lists. thanks for making him known.

I saw the movie yesterday, it wasn't all that bad, but they were clearly setting up stuff for a sequel

Quote Originally Posted by KabutoRyder View Post
    Meh-Tal Kombat basically sums up my feelings on it.

Lewis Tan is just not leading man material. He was great in Wu Assassins because he was a supporting character. Right now that is his ceiling. Out of that and that amazing first Seven minutes with the Hanzo/Bi Han stuff, it was downhill from there.

The guy who played Kano was hilarious tho
    I felt really bad for Lewis Tan in this. Poor guy can’t act worth a ****.

www.taurianfilms.com KabutoRyder's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Serpico Jones View Post
    I felt really bad for Lewis Tan in this. Poor guy can’t act worth a ****.
    I wouldnt say that exactly. He just ain't leading man material. He was punching above his weight class in this.
    Geek / Gamer / Filmmaker / Indy Pro Wrestler
    @SebastionEnvi (Twitter/Instagram)
    youtube.com/SkunkLifeMedia

Quote Originally Posted by Nate Grey View Post
    Alright I stand corrected. Better than nothing I guess.

Gotta save something for the sequel! *rolls eyes*

I agree with this. It was weird Lao was the cocky one and Kang was the reserved one, should have been the other way around. And given what happened with Sub-Zero, how does his younger brother come into play? Will he turn out to be immortal too or just a descendant of Kuai Liang?
    Or maybe just make Kuai his son I mean for all we know Subzero has a modern family tucked away somewhere. He comes looking to avenge his father and finds out his pops was an evil POS who hundreds of years old.

Yea I liked Loa's action though. His fatality and him throwing and teleporting out the hat looked cool to me.

Anyway Subzero and Kano are the only characters I'd say were good. Kano kept the movie gun while he was in it. He made me laugh out loud multiple times. Hope that comedian gets more work cause he's good.

I'm really disappointed. I had high hopes for this movie but given WB track record I shouldn't have. The fight scenes are good and the CGI is decent but the plot is awful. Why the hell did WB feel the need to force feed us this new character (uninspired as he is) making him the protagonist and sidelining the original characters?

spoilers:
    I mean: Liu Kang is the one who beats Goro breaking is 9 time championship and saving heartrealm, then he beats Shao Khan on Outworld and again on Heart saving the planet from assimilation. In the current timeline he a god and protector of Heartrealm having received Raiden's power on top of his own Onaga fire... in this movie he plays second fiddle to the nobody who kills Goro (cannot win a cage match but he can kill the most powerful Shokan in existence...) right at the start. And what about the iconic rivalry between Scorpion and Sub Zero? Turns out Scorpion needed an assist from the new guy in town to get his revenge in Bi-Han otherwise he would have got stomped again despite having mastered the fires of Netherealm...
    end of spoilers

They had an iconic cast and excellent characters and decided to introduce a new one who's also extremely boring and literally wins because of polt armor... what a bummer!

Extraordinary Member

[QUOTE=hareluyafan1;5504477]

Adrian Paul, and yes he was.[/QUOTE/]

The Lady highlander show was good too.

Incredible Member

I think if they wouldn't have worried about making sequels and just concentrated on making a good film, this movie would've been a lot better and the sequels would've come naturally from that. Unfortunately, WB is the issue here as they keep trying to chase Marvel/Disney money and keep making the same mistakes while doing it.

Quote Originally Posted by ComicJunkie21 View Post
    I think if they wouldn't have worried about making sequels and just concentrated on making a good film, this movie would've been a lot better and the sequels would've come naturally from that. Unfortunately, WB is the issue here as they keep trying to chase Marvel/Disney money and keep making the same mistakes while doing it.
    This isn't the case: Marvel would have never included a nobody character and made it the protagonist of the movie sidelining the established and beloved characters from the franchise. For some inexplicable reason WB felt it was the right choice as if you need a character no one knows (and not a memorable one at that...) to bring in new audience when you have others with a degree of recognizability and much more iconic features.

Astonishing Member

Like a lot of people said already they just made some poor decisions from the start. There was no reason at all for the new character. He was utterly boring, completely out of his depth as an actor. Nothing was compelling about him at all. The idea that they can make a sequel with him looking for Johnny Cage I mean thats a threat to the audience. I am sorry I would kill him off screen and move on if they actually go forward. If you completely remove him from the movie you miss nothing. Thats how worthless the character was.

I just looked at his Insta and I really feel for him he wants more diverse casting as leads etc. in Hollywood and he talks about "roles he has lost etc.". There is a place for him he can do his own stunts etc. in places but he is NOT a good actor. Definitely not to a lead.

I found the movie overall okay, had problems with lots of things, it dragged really badly in the second act and Cole being fairly dull with a boring power, but the only part I actively hated was the arcana garbage, just an astoundingly dumb plot device for something that didn't actually need it (seriously, leave Jax and Sonya as tech users, let the monks do their own more mystical thing, etc etc). That said def recommend against seeing it in theaters unless you just want to support them, watch it on HBO max

My ranking of the movies

MKSR
    MK95
    MKA
    MK21

I find so funny that Cole's power is the plot armor.

Look, if you going to do a sequel just make Hanzo spirit take control of Cole and let him be the next scorpion since we'll probably get Kuai Liang as the new Sub-Zero anyways. No one will care that Cole is gone and the actor can play a much better character.
    DC: Dick Grayson, Wally West, Donna Troy, Yara Flor, Titans

Some of my favorite Mangas: One Piece, Slam Dunk, Fullmetal Alchemist, HunterXHunter, Vinland Saga, Monster, Berserk, Vagabond.
    Current reading: Jujutsu Kaisen, Chainsaw Man, Spy X Family, Kaiju Nº8, Blue Lock, Dandadan.