Page 14 of 20 FirstFirst ... 4101112131415161718 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Surf View Post
    Damn, that was the entire budget? Oh we're definitely gonna get two more of these, 'Rise of Liu Kang' it is then.

Facts on Goro. There was no build up to him and not for nothing, he showed up on Earth lol. That would have been an entertaining sequence alone if you were going to go that far. TBH, not like there ain't a few other goons with 4 limbs in the clip but Goro was the first we got introduced to back in the day, didn't like seeing him taken out by the lamest character in the movie.

Which brings up another point for the sequels, hey producers- YOU DON'T HAVE TO ACTUALLY KILL YOUR OPPONENT IN ANY VERSION OF THE MK GAMES! Back in the day after you learned or saw all the Babalities, unless it was a really tough match, in my little group a high kick to put somebody off the stick was enough.
    They should have just used Baraka if they wanted a weird looking demon character most people "know" without wasting Goro

Prolly get Motoro as the big bad scary dude next time then
    Black Panther Discord Server: https://discord.gg/SA3hQerktm

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

Quote Originally Posted by MindofShadow View Post
    They should have just used Baraka if they wanted a weird looking demon character most people "know" without wasting Goro

Prolly get Motoro as the big bad scary dude next time then
    Agreed. There definitely are characters that by and large people won't really miss after they're taken out.
    Beefing up the old home security, huh?
    You bet yer ass.

Ultimate Member

They can always bring back the lion-Goro guy for the next fight

Quote Originally Posted by Cyke View Post
    "Not needed," but Cole Young took Liu Kang's agency as the Chosen One and Johnny Cage's role as the audience surrogate. Ultimately the studio engineered "not needing" Johnny because they created a character who could take on two roles for the price of one.

I suppose in some other universe the studio created a new ninja that killed his own family and is getting revenge on himself. That takes care of Sub-Zero *and* Scorpion.

-----

(one thing I really liked about the first movie, even way back then -- Johnny Cage is the big hero everywhere else in the world *except* the tournament. That didn't mean he sat out on the sidelines, though, and he made himself useful in keeping up with the actual hero of the story. It'd be much more cliche for him to be jealous of Liu Kang or to wallow in disillusionment, but he kept up instead.)
    Cole seems pointless for now but Im giving them the benefit of the doubt that they actually have a plan here. They made it a point to mention that he was adopted so I think he may be more important than we are initially led to believe

I hate when I’m finished watching a movie and I immediately think of different ways the movie could’ve been better. This was one of those times. This could’ve been a really good film just seems like the writers just didn’t have a clue and no one from the franchise was there to steer them in the right direction.

Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by The Cool Thatguy View Post
    They can always bring back the lion-Goro guy for the next fight
    Kintaro. That's what I thought as well.

Yeah I immediately thought Kintaro is next when Goro died.

I always preferred Sheeva and Kintaro over Goro for the Shokans in the games.
    "Always listen to the crazy scientist with a weird van or armful of blueprints and diagrams." -- Vibranium

It's funny how Tan being wooden in this movie is such a consistent complaint given he was praised for being so energetic in Iron Fist.

I don't know if this is a result of the direction and writing or Tan's own limits as an actor.

Could Cole be Cyrax?
    Last edited by BeastieRunner; 04-27-2021 at 11:17 AM.
    "Always listen to the crazy scientist with a weird van or armful of blueprints and diagrams." -- Vibranium

Ultimate Member

Wasn't like Season 1 Finn was that great/convincing a martial artist.

Ultimate Member

Wonder why they didn't use the jinsei as the empowering plot devise, too

Incredible Member

The trailers were way better, but I'm looking forward to the sequel at least.

6.5/10

Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by BeastieRunner View Post
    Could Cole be Cyrax?
    That would be striking a hornets nest. Cyrax is from Botswana. Can't be race swapping a African character.

Quote Originally Posted by Immortal Weapon View Post
    That would be striking a hornets nest. Cyrax is from Botswana. Can't be race swapping a African character.
    What about Sektor or Smoke? Wasn't Smoke Russian or something like that?