Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default Stark tech (mcu) vs Wakanda Tech (mcu)

That's right.

Which would you say is more high tech?

You inherit all of stark's gadgets vs All of shuri's, what do you pick?

All things considered, it's got to be Wakanda.

A country-wide forcefield, vibranium on tap, mass-produced energy shields, energy weapons, impenetrable (yet comfortable/flexible) armour.

Stark's armours ARE more impressive than the Black Panther armours, in terms of fancy abilities, but they're much more breakable - and I'd argue that Wakandan tech in general can do everything Stark's armours can do AND MORE (flight, nanotech, stealth stuff, energy weapons etc) - it's just that all the fancy stuff isn't put into the classic Black Panther armour.

I'd much prefer to have access to the wider array of tech which also happens to be made from the strongest material available.

I want to say Tony's better on the individual level?

A suit that can draw blood from Thanos is far more impressive than anything Wakanda showed, but Wakanda has the capability to produce more tech that's in the ballpark of Tony's stuff.

So... one if the rare cases of quantity over quality?
    Yeah, but if you... man, we're getting into weird analogy territory, like if you disintegrated Superman's arms he wouldn't be able to go "fool! Little did you know that my arms and I are one and can be remade from me!" and will his arms back into being from pure nothingness. - Pendaran

Arx Inosaan

Yea you both make good points, wakanda has more abundancy and variation it seems, but they havent shown something that could match a thanos wielding a couple of infinity gems, albeit for a short while. although the latest tony armor isnt unbreakable, it did manage to make him survive a good chunk of a moon falling on him.

I'd say forcefield + vibraniun would survive the moon
    “The master has failed more times than the beginner has even tried.”
    -Stephen McCranie

Quote Originally Posted by Postmania View Post
    I'd say forcefield + vibraniun would survive the moon
    I really don't see this comparison holding up. Thanos one-shot KO'd the Black Panther, while also overloading his suit and forcing a kinetic discharge. The shields were also being penetrated/were going to be overwhelmed by the Outriders. Iron Man made Thanos bleed with his latest/last armor variant, and Thanos actually had to exert himself however slightly. The main, and really only difference, and why I feel Wakanda my edge this is purely down to the amount of output Wakanda has over Tony.
    Yeah, but if you... man, we're getting into weird analogy territory, like if you disintegrated Superman's arms he wouldn't be able to go "fool! Little did you know that my arms and I are one and can be remade from me!" and will his arms back into being from pure nothingness. - Pendaran

Arx Inosaan

Quote Originally Posted by Cthulhu_of_R'lyeh View Post
    I really don't see this comparison holding up. Thanos one-shot KO'd the Black Panther, while also overloading his suit and forcing a kinetic discharge. The shields were also being penetrated/were going to be overwhelmed by the Outriders. Iron Man made Thanos bleed with his latest/last armor variant, and Thanos actually had to exert himself however slightly. The main, and really only difference, and why I feel Wakanda my edge this is purely down to the amount of output Wakanda has over Tony.
    To be fair, Thanos one-shot KO'd Black Panther in the same sequence as he was briefly matched for strength by Captain America, having disposed of the Hulk with considerably less effort earlier that day. His showings were absolutely all over the place in that movie.

Quote Originally Posted by Cthulhu_of_R'lyeh View Post
    I'd say quantity is a quality, in that the Wakandan tech was mass produced and not specialized into one area like Tony was.

I think if Wakanda was putting together "Suit to fight Thanos" they'd be able to match what Tony did on some level.
    “The master has failed more times than the beginner has even tried.”
    -Stephen McCranie

Quote Originally Posted by Postmania View Post
    I'd say quantity is a quality, in that the Wakandan tech was mass produced and not specialized into one area like Tony was.

I think if Wakanda was putting together "Suit to fight Thanos" they'd be able to match what Tony did on some level.
    Definitely. They have the nanotechnology, firepower and energy shields that Tony had, with a stronger metal as the base material. They've just utilised those things in a different way, spread across more technology than Tony could ever dream of. It stands to reason that Shuri - who made it clear that Stark and Banner's work on Vision made them seem dumb in comparison to her - could condense all of that tech into something monstrous, if she felt the need.

Voice of the Authorities Cleric of Hell’s Brigade's Avatar

I would point out that Tony managed to synthesis a new element AND created multiple artificial intelligences alongside his other tech. And the Arc reactor which is sustainable clean energy.

Thats’s......pretty awesome. Wakanda is said to be better tech wise, and Shuri is supposed to be the smartest, but Stark’s feats are actually superior to Shuri’s actual on screen tech feats.

Now, all of Wakanda’s tech vs Starks......that’s different. But the thread specifically said Shuri’s tech vs Tony’s, and Tony has way more feats than Shuri because he was in way more movies.

Now once Shuri gets more screen time.......probably a hard turn in her favor.
    Black Knight of SO
    Owner/Operator of SO’s Item/Weapon Shop
    Claimer of the original Rumbles 2,000,000th post
    CBR GM/DM

I think Stark tech could be said to be "higher tech" because he's working from a much lower baseline than Wakandan tech. He goes from miniaturizing a device that no one else in three decades had been able to miniaturize at all(in a cave with a box of scraps) and seven years later in universe he had a fully functioning nano machine suit that could fit in a container the size of a softball and make the unjolly purple almost god giant actually have to work a bit to put him down. And he did it all without the tech cheat code that vibranium apparently is

I'd still say Stark's nano tech Ironman armour is better then any single technology that Wakanda uses except maybe the City cloak/shield. Though EDITH is comparable to that in some regards. Whether its Narcissism, governmental restrictions, personal choices, Tony doesn't share his tech very much, so as a society Wakanda is way above Tony Stark's America, or even just base line Avengers tech. Tony never considered removing the mind stone from Vision, and even wanted him to keep it, thinking it was safest with him, so I'm not sure Suri figuring out how to remove it would make her a better engineer then Stark, though it is impressive and shows she's much better then Banner.

nice to meet ya! master of read's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by KJS View Post
    To be fair, Thanos one-shot KO'd Black Panther in the same sequence as he was briefly matched for strength by Captain America, having disposed of the Hulk with considerably less effort earlier that day. His showings were absolutely all over the place in that movie.
    i think that scene gets misrepresented. cap didn't match up briefly with thanos. it's clearly shown that while steve was putting his all into stopping him, thanos was barely putting up a effort. in fact, he looked amused that cap would even try to **** with him despite the vast difference in strength. and once he was done being amused, he just gave steve the one-hitter-quitter.

BANNED

What Wakanda has, is sheer production capacity coupled with sheer resources(vibranium)

What Stark Enterprises has, is the R&D capability and specialized expertise in weaponry.

Its apples and oranges, in a way.

If you were going to war, you'd want Wakandan tech because of the scale it can be produced in.

If you were in a tech race to see who could get where first, you'd want Stark Enterprises.

These two together, would be near-unbeateble. Unless whoever was trying to beat them was named Washu.

Stark's scientific feats are more impressive.