Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Extraordinary Member The Drunkard Kid's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Cleric of Hell’s Brigade View Post
    I would point out that Tony managed to synthesis a new element AND created multiple artificial intelligences alongside his other tech. And the Arc reactor which is sustainable clean energy.

Thats’s......pretty awesome. Wakanda is said to be better tech wise, and Shuri is supposed to be the smartest, but Stark’s feats are actually superior to Shuri’s actual on screen tech feats.

Now, all of Wakanda’s tech vs Starks......that’s different. But the thread specifically said Shuri’s tech vs Tony’s, and Tony has way more feats than Shuri because he was in way more movies.

Now once Shuri gets more screen time.......probably a hard turn in her favor.
    To be fair, didn't his dad figure out most of the new element and Tony just put the clues together and finished the work? And JARVIS was explicitly made by an accident that he couldn't figure out how to replicate and JARVIS helped make Ultron (which he based on the internal structure of the Mind Stone), though FRIDAY, EDITH, and Betty are all pretty impressive on their own.

That said, Tony's most impressive feat was probably figuring out Time Travel by himself in an insanely short timeframe after merely learning that tech that allows travel into the Quantum Realm exists, without even trying to actually get access to said tech in order to do so first. That said, the tech needed to get to the Quantum Realm was the product of Hank Pym's entire life's work, and Tony couldn't even replicate the Pym Particles needed for the process in that short timeframe (though apparently Thanos had the tech needed to replicate and mass produce enough Pym Particles to transport his entire army across time and dimensions in relatively short order as well, which leads to the horrifying possibility of Thanos with a Giant Man level boost to his strength).
    Last edited by The Drunkard Kid; 04-24-2021 at 11:48 AM.

He also glanced at Maya Hansen's life's work, immediately understood it, and invented the breakthrough equation that she'd been searching for her entire career, while himself so drunk that he scribbled it on a nametag, and promptly forgot he had done it. I don't know where the idea that he's specialized comes from. Tony Stark is clearly a multidisciplinary scientist.

Rumbles Limbo Champion big_adventure's Avatar

Stark is way beyond Shuri in tech based on the resources in hand. Stark makes significantly better suits and weapons than Shuri without having an unlimited supply of McGuffinonium on hand. Imagine if he had that stuff.

Give Stark access to unlimited vibranium and thousands of years of scientific history about the stuff and he'd surpass anything the Wakandans did within 6 months. He'd have his planetary armor and have time left over to host some cool festivals and concerts and race some cars and, oh, just for fun, cure cancer and provide unlimited clean green energy for the planet.

And, like @MichaelC says, he has that whole pesky "solve Extremis while drunk on New Years Eve and forgetting about it" feat for what he could do outside of strictly building suits.
    "But... But I want to be a big karate cyborg... ;_;" - Nik Hasta
    "Get off my lawn! ...on this forum, that just makes people think of Cyclops." - Sharpandpointies
    "...makes me think the Night King just says "Screw the rules, I have magic money" when it comes to physics." -Captain Morgan

Mighty Member

Stark, whose primary focus is generally engineering, figures out insane biochemical and quantum mechanical problems with barely an effort. Shuri takes the vibranium based technomagic and makes more vibranium based technomagic. Even the holographic projection of fake Wakanda is something Stark busts out as a side project to psychologically cope with losing his parents, except he has it in a little device he can just take into an auditorium at MIT.

Quote Originally Posted by StupidMoniker View Post
    Even the holographic projection of fake Wakanda is something Stark busts out as a side project to psychologically cope with losing his parents
    Not to take anything else away from Tony, but that particular project was explicitly and entirely Quentin Beck’s work. All Stark did was use it for therapeutic purposes, pissing the tech’s designer off in the process.

Some shuri feats:

Improving black panther suits to the point that they can fit in a necklace, and can harness kintetic energy and release it.
    Remote controlling a car on another continent.
    Making Bucky’s vibranium arm (hydra managed to do this also using another metal so i guess not that impressive)
    Presumably making captain america’s vribranium wings and new redwings.
    Making a train track that can disrupt vibranium( you’d think she would make a emaller version of that in case someone steals a BP suit..)
    Successfully performing surgery to remove a bullet that would have killed him, or at the very best paralyze him for life.
    Her best feat surly was to seperate vision from the mindstone in a way that even dr banner didnt think of. Ill give her that one, even though she didnt succeed because she didn’t have enough time.

Give Tony Wakanda tech, and he'd do things with it that not even the Wakandians could ever dream of.
    Saint Seiya Online:
    https://reborngn.com/?page=register&ref=408192
    ^-my referral

Quote Originally Posted by Oswin View Post
    Her best feat surly was to seperate vision from the mindstone in a way that even dr banner didnt think of. Ill give her that one, even though she didnt succeed because she didn’t have enough time.
    It was Banner AND Stark who repurposed Vision's body after the Avengers prevented him from becoming Ultron. In fact, it was Stark's idea to do so.

So, in the following conversation, it's not just Banner who "didn't think of it." The "we" is him and Tony Stark.

Shuri: The structure is polymorphic.
    Bruce Banner: Right, we had to attach each neuron non-sequentially.
    Shuri: Why didn't you just reprogram the synapses to work collectively?
    Bruce Banner: Because... we didn't think of it.
    Shuri: I'm sure you did your best.

Shuri outright bettered Stark - at least in theory - on the one project they've both had input on.

I'd say each are roughly equivalent, with one excelling the other in specific fields.

As for which one I'd rather inherit if I have to choose, I'd take Stark's gadgets over Wakanda's any day. Why? Because the one thing that Tony Stark has created that we haven't seen any Wakandan equivalent is AI. Having a Jarvis or a Friday as a personal assistant and hacker at my disposal would be quite useful.

Not to mention the fact that if I ever needed to have a gadget repaired or modified they could take care of it for me with the help of robots like Dummy to be their hands.
    The CBR Community Standards & Rules - Your Guide to Being a Member

Quote Originally Posted by KJS View Post

Shuri outright bettered Stark - at least in theory - on the one project they've both had input on.
    Ah right, i only remembered banner being there with shuri, didn’t recall if tony also knew/tried

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by KJS View Post
    Not to take anything else away from Tony, but that particular project was explicitly and entirely Quentin Beck’s work. All Stark did was use it for therapeutic purposes, pissing the tech’s designer off in the process.
    Oh yeah, forgot that Far From Home retcon. He also renamed it BARF.
    Last edited by StupidMoniker; 04-28-2021 at 10:05 AM.

One thing to note about Tony's feats in Infinity War -- nanotech played a big role in almost all those feats, but he didn't really display nanotech until after the release of Black Panther. I always took that to mean that Tony -- quite naturally -- jumped on the chance to study Wakandan tech after T'Challa agreed to share it with the world, and prior to that Tony assumed just like the rest of the world that Wakandan was some poor African country due to the country putting up that front. But nanotech is a Wakandan invention. Tony may have arguably the better applications, but it goes to show how hand in hand the suit in Infinity War is as a Stark/Wakandan combination -- Tony likely wouldn't have put up the kind of fight he did against Thanos had it not been for T'Challa spreading the technology.
    Last edited by Cyke; 04-29-2021 at 04:23 PM.

Honestly knowing Stark it may be more likely that he simply saw it and liked it and proceeded to replicate and improve it on his own, regardless it's all conjecture unless there's a tie in comic or something

The nanotech relies on Vibranium as it's material right? Unless his suit is also made out of Vibranium, I am not sure it has anything to do with Wakanda tech.
    Saint Seiya Online:
    https://reborngn.com/?page=register&ref=408192
    ^-my referral

Quote Originally Posted by Hiromi View Post
    Honestly knowing Stark it may be more likely that he simply saw it and liked it and proceeded to replicate and improve it on his own, regardless it's all conjecture unless there's a tie in comic or something
    I don't know how far that can go, though. It would be like saying Tony liked seeing a motor engine and proceeded to replicate it. While that would be true in a sense (one headline in the first movie said he built one from scratch as a child prodigy), he didn't invent the motor engine itself, since the engine would predate Tony's own existence by about a century. Improved upon it? Sure and probably likely, but not invented.

Quote Originally Posted by Cody View Post
    The nanotech relies on Vibranium as it's material right? Unless his suit is also made out of Vibranium, I am not sure it has anything to do with Wakanda tech.
    Tony outright tells Bruce that his suit employs nanotech in Infinity War, when he first henshins. It doesn't necessarily mean that his suit is all vibranium, but Tony explicitly answers nanotech when Bruce asks how he manifested the suit.

And to be clear, I'm not saying he can't improve upon Wakandan tech, but like any good tool or platform or game engine, it likely gave him a place to start. Some of the best video games currently often start from a base created by someone else (like the Unreal Engine), but that doesn't take away from the genius or credit of the game developers. An architect may not have invented cement or steel but could still build a skyscraper because of it and still be the most brilliant architect alive.
    Last edited by Cyke; 04-29-2021 at 06:14 PM.