Incredible Member

Default Tatsumaki (one punch man) VS Atom Eve (Invincible)

Who takes it?

I mean Tatsumaki is leagues more powerful, but can she get around Eve's spoilers:
    immortality
    end of spoilers

Quote Originally Posted by Hiromi View Post
    I mean Tatsumaki is leagues more powerful, but can she get around Eve's spoilers:
    immortality
    end of spoilers
    10-count should work just fine.
    Yeah, but if you... man, we're getting into weird analogy territory, like if you disintegrated Superman's arms he wouldn't be able to go "fool! Little did you know that my arms and I are one and can be remade from me!" and will his arms back into being from pure nothingness. - Pendaran

Arx Inosaan

How powerful is Eve?

Because from what Nik posted of Tatsu, she was moving visible chunks of the planet with her TK.

matter manipulation at the subatomic level, basically full on transmutation, her one big limit is living organic material buuuuut spoilers:
    that's not an actual limit to her power, rather it's an artificial mental block, and one that gets removed whenever she suffers fatal injuries or other extreme emotional trauma in which case her powers automatically reconstitute her body and "heal" any damage to it, Hell even when she "dies" of old age her body just reverts itself back to her prime making her basically immortal and unkillable, she can also affect others during this period, she heavily injured a Viltrumite at one point
    end of spoilers

Extraordinary Member The Drunkard Kid's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Hiromi View Post
    matter manipulation at the subatomic level, basically full on transmutation, her one big limit is living organic material buuuuut spoilers:
    that's not an actual limit to her power, rather it's an artificial mental block, and one that gets removed whenever she suffers fatal injuries or other extreme emotional trauma in which case her powers automatically reconstitute her body and "heal" any damage to it, Hell even when she "dies" of old age her body just reverts itself back to her prime making her basically immortal and unkillable, she can also affect others during this period, she heavily injured a Viltrumite at one point
    end of spoilers
    Can she spoilers:
    reconstitute herself in a different spot, or without a solid brain?
    end of spoilers

It's been awhile since I read Invincible, but I can't remember Eve having a counter to being instantly twisted and crushed into millimeter wide ball of fried gristle.

Legendary God of Pirates Nik Hasta's Avatar

All the times we've spoilers:
    seen Eve self resurrect, I think her head has been intact. If Tatsumaki destroys her brain, I would be very dubious on her coming back.
    end of spoilers

My view is that Tatsumaki wins this pretty free. Too fast, far too powerful.
    Last edited by Nik Hasta; 04-24-2021 at 10:36 AM.

Extraordinary Member

Yeah, I don't see what Eve can do to stop Tatsumaki from squishing her into paste for th win.

Astonishing Member Captain Morgan's Avatar

Remind me what speed feats Tatsumaki has again? Because Eve should be able to pretty instantly turn the air in her lungs into cement, so we are into quick draw territory.

Legendary God of Pirates Nik Hasta's Avatar

Hmm...

It's actually a bit tricky to pull out specific speed feats for her of the top of my head. She's consistently presented as pretty wildly above everyone else in S Class in pretty much all the stats that matter.

She effortlessly instantly swats Genos, who at the time had pretty good speed feats to put him in the high end-ish bullet timer category. (He got faster from there)

Her fight with Saitama has them zooming between cities in seconds and smashing through monsters and the like. When they are doing so, the multimach level Speed of Sound Sonic is barely able to keep up with them.

She also takes control of his exploding shuriken while fighting with Saitama and moves them with such speed and precision that Sonic is having a really hard time dodging them.

It's not very clean stuff exactly but given that like Zombieman has feats of putting aside his guns when with a guy who casually catches bullets and being like "welp, time to chase you down and kill you with an axe," and then doing that and he's one of the slower S Class people, I find it near impossible to imagine that Tatsumaki isn't very fast in her reactions.

Her powers are thought activated as well after all.

Rumbles Limbo Champion big_adventure's Avatar

Backing up Nik on this - Tatsumaki doesn't have "stand there and dance around lasers" feats, but she does have feats of using her powers so quickly that fighters with mach-speedster speed can't do anything about her at all. That, and her wildly higher power-level would let her shut Eve down basically instantly, and far before Eve can act.
    "But... But I want to be a big karate cyborg... ;_;" - Nik Hasta
    "Get off my lawn! ...on this forum, that just makes people think of Cyclops." - Sharpandpointies
    "...makes me think the Night King just says "Screw the rules, I have magic money" when it comes to physics." -Captain Morgan

Astonishing Member Captain Morgan's Avatar

Using an invisible power with no travel time on a speedster who is just standing there talking isn't really a speed feat though. Flying between cities is travel speed, and something Eve does as well. The closest thing to a reaction feat is probably catching those shurikens, and even that is a little suspect. She has ridiculous sensory abilities, pulling meteors from deep space or protecting a dozen or so heroes scattered around an underground city as she tips it from the ground. It isn't like she needs to even visually track an object to grab it. If we use power scaling of other heroes, Eve has splattered dozens of diet purple Viltrulmites, and interrupted Conquest mid charge.

Don't get me wrong, Tornado has a much bigger scale her powers can work on. It is also possible she normally maintains a level of auto shield-- she's almost always got herself wrapped in a TK field just to fly around, and even when her gaurd is relatively down or she's already pushed to her limit she seems to be able to throw up enough defense to only get injured when she gets ambushed or hit by a speedster. Plus she's blocked energy attacks and psychic manipulation, so she might be able to block Eve's powers....

Ok I think I talked myself into Tornado winning this. Even if she isn't faster, her defenses are good enough to probably keep her protected while she squashes Eve.

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Morgan View Post
    Remind me what speed feats Tatsumaki has again? Because Eve should be able to pretty instantly turn the air in her lungs into cement, so we are into quick draw territory.
    Has Eve ever done anything like that? It's been a while since I've read the comic, and I kind of dropped off at about Issue 100 when I did, but I don't remember her EVER doing anything that precise. If she could, why didn't she ever do it or something similar to any of the Viltrumites she's fought, because I believe they still need oxygen.
    Critics who treat adult as a term of approval, instead of as a merely descriptive term, cannot be adult themselves. To be concerned about being grown up, to admire the grown up because it is grown up, to blush at the suspicion of being childish; these things are the marks of childhood and adolescence.
    - C.S. Lewis

Extraordinary Member

Tatsumaki did catch all those giant bullets after they're fired from Boros' ship, and that was done with casual ease. I don't think that Eve has displayed the reaction time needed to stop such an instant and large scale assault.
    Quote Originally Posted by The Dog View Post
    Has Eve ever done anything like that? It's been a while since I've read the comic, and I kind of dropped off at about Issue 100 when I did, but I don't remember her EVER doing anything that precise. If she could, why didn't she ever do it or something similar to any of the Viltrumites she's fought, because I believe they still need oxygen.
    I don't recall her ever really fighting that many viltrumites over the course of the series, most of them would be able to blitz her into paste any way. And it's probably also CIS-related in that Eve isn't the kind of person who considers placing a bunch of cement inside a person's lungs as a tactic. She was able to sheer off a bunch of Conquest's skin though when she went into auto-kill mode.

Extraordinary Member The Drunkard Kid's Avatar

Honestly, I think that all that turning the air in Tatsumaki's lungs to cement would actually do is cause Tatsumaki to insta-kill the person who did it at the same time, then casually telekinetically drill countless holes through the cement so that she won't cave in her own lungs when she also casually grinds the cement to powder and pulls 100% of it out through her nose and mouth a couple of seconds later, provided the effect even gets through her force field which shrugs off things like relatively high end gravity manipulation.