Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast
    Hey Baby--Wha's Happ'nin? HandofPrometheus's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by HandofPrometheus View Post
    Interesting take on the Terrible Trio, too.

Ben got a figure in the Imaginext "DC Super Friends" series:

NOTE: Images taken from internet.

The code for Bronze Tiger's figure is "05" on the back.

Ultimate Member

Everyone in John O's Suicide Squad earned their bad ass rep by actually being bad ass. I miss that

Do you guys like Ben as a normal fighter or should his display powers via supernatural martial arts?

Quote Originally Posted by Agent Z View Post
    Do you guys like Ben as a normal fighter or should his display powers via supernatural martial arts?
    I would prefer Ben as a normal but "enhanced" fighter, the enhancement being through intense practice and dedication, not any sort of mystical or scientific edge.

Hey Baby--Wha's Happ'nin? HandofPrometheus's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by The Cool Thatguy View Post
    Everyone in John O's Suicide Squad earned their bad ass rep by actually being bad ass. I miss that
    Same. I hope his run gets an Omnibus.

Normal fighter. Supernatural MA would be interesting but it would feel so out of place considering DC's street level corner is pretty grounded.

normal. As an elite martial artist, he should be a legendary fighter able to overcome situations with pure skill.

True to the comics he is in the tier of Shiva and Richard Dragon and above that of Batman.

That's staying true to his history and the comics and that's how I'd keep it.

Giving him powers will only end badly down the line, especially when certain writers get their hands on him. Keep him as a pure martial artist with Richard and Shiva.
    The J-man

I like his skillset to be along the lines if a Richard Dragon or a Shang-Chi. he's so throughly trained and highly proficient that he's basically superhuman/boardline supernatural. I would let something like Qigong or Gidigbo slide, martial arts forms that have supernatural elements, so long as they try to not go overboard with it and it adds a dynamic effect to his martial arts; a touchless ki strike here, an Aki invocation there, nothing too crazy.

personally, I've never been much of a fan of the tiger transformation thing they give him. I don't hate it, it kinda looks cool in some of the art, I just feel it doesn't play on his martial arts schtick enough for me. it just reads like a lazy power they him because he has tiger in his name; if Shiva and Dragon don't need it, neither should me. if he's supposed to be 1 of the 3 greatest martial arts master in the world, any supplementary ability he gets should be rooted in that and enhance his martial arts either practically or from a visual standpoint (for us readers). overall, I just want DC to focus on portraying his martial arts on the level of Shiva and Dragon. I don't think they necessarily need to amp him with mysticism.
    THE SIGNAL (Duke Thomas) is DC's secret shonen protagonist so I made him a fandom wiki

also, check out "The Signal Tape" a Duke Thomas fan project.

currently following:
    • DC: Red Hood: The Hill
    • Marvel: TBD
    • Manga (Shonen/Seinen): One Piece, My Hero, Dandadan, Jujutsu Kaisen, Kaiju No. 8, Reincarnation of The Veteran Soldier, Oblivion Rouge, ORDEAL, The Breaker: Eternal Force

"power does not corrupt, power always reveals."

Ultimate Member

I fail to see how powers would do anything other than take away from his character.

As a human fighting in the DCU, he demonstrates his bad ass nature.

Powers would just make him one of many

I fail to see how powers would do anything other than take away from his character.

eeeeehhh, no disrespect but I always find this reasoning kinda....weak. I mean, fundamentally, I agree that martial artist characters should be centered around portraying their ability to do martial arts but; how exactly does powers take away from martial arts characters more than the fact that every non-powered character also has nebulous martial arts training or just instinctually knows how to fight on the level of martial artists because they grew up in a rough area or something equally lazy? because that happens far more often and people be letting that rock even though it takes away from martial arts characters far more than something like the iron fist or task master's adapting ability or Signal's photokinetic sight or Cassandra Cain's ability to read body language to a superhuman degree, etc. it's superhero fiction, superpowers are intrinsic to the medium, it's always about how they are applied.
    THE SIGNAL (Duke Thomas) is DC's secret shonen protagonist so I made him a fandom wiki

also, check out "The Signal Tape" a Duke Thomas fan project.

currently following:
    • DC: Red Hood: The Hill
    • Marvel: TBD
    • Manga (Shonen/Seinen): One Piece, My Hero, Dandadan, Jujutsu Kaisen, Kaiju No. 8, Reincarnation of The Veteran Soldier, Oblivion Rouge, ORDEAL, The Breaker: Eternal Force

"power does not corrupt, power always reveals."

Astonishing Member

I think Ben having pure top tier martial arts skill is fine for him. However I wouldn’t be opposed to a writer giving him some kind of low level superpower that he can access and use as a supplement to his talents. I don’t see it any different than how Black Canary has her Canary Cry or Lady Shiva is a top swordsman. They’re highly regarded h2h fighters despite having a few non-h2h skills.

As long as writers don’t have that low level power overtake his skill then it shouldn’t hurt Ben either. Ideally this power would serve as supplement to his skills, someone in the last Bronze Tiger three suggested dust/sand manipulation and I think that’d be dope. Maybe when he puts on his tiger mask he gains the ability to throw sand knives or create claws out of magically enhanced sand. Something small but visually distinct. Idk, I don’t think it’s that big a deal as long as the primary focus remains his martial arts.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by lemonpeace View Post
    eeeeehhh, no disrespect but I always find this reasoning kinda....weak. I mean, fundamentally, I agree that martial artist characters should be centered around portraying their ability to do martial arts but; how exactly does powers take away from martial arts characters more than the fact that every non-powered character also has nebulous martial arts training or just instinctually knows how to fight on the level of martial artists because they grew up in a rough area or something equally lazy? because that happens far more often and people be letting that rock even though it takes away from martial arts characters far more than something like the iron fist or task master's adapting ability or Signal's photokinetic sight or Cassandra Cain's ability to read body language to a superhuman degree, etc. it's superhero fiction, superpowers are intrinsic to the medium, it's always about how they are applied.
    The difference would be like between Lance Armstrong on drugs, and Lance not.

Without drugs, his accomplishments are amazing and noteworthy.

With drugs, he's still an amazing athlete, but he's cheating to the finish line.

More than that, I honestly don't see how powers would really compliment his character. Unless he had to always focus to hold in his transformation or something of the like, I just don't see what it adds but I do feel that it subtracts.

Also, Cass is 100% human/not meta. Comics

To each their own.

Extraordinary Member

Until he looses an arm fighting deathstroke