Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456789 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by John Venus View Post
    OTOH, it's going to be fun watching him take a lesser known character and making him more popular.

Elba is a more charismatic leading man but Michael Jai White was born to play Bronze Tiger and I think he deserves another shot at the role in a much bigger, better written production.
    I'm glad he got to play Ben again in Soul of the Dragon .

I forgot about that. I was mostly thinking about his turn in Arrow.

Extraordinary Member

Are theirs any other live actions opportunities possible for him

Astonishing Member batnbreakfast's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Rac7d* View Post
    Training Robert Pattinson?

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by batnbreakfast View Post
    Training Robert Pattinson?
    Oh another supporting role
    Assuring the white chooses one until he becomes more skilled then Ben himself.
    Pass

Astonishing Member signalman112's Avatar

DETECTIVE COMICS #485. Don Newton.

Tec485BronzeTigerNewton.jpg

Astonishing Member

Well it's not exactly confirmed that James Gunn will return for another Suicide Squad film so there's a possibility we get a new director that recognizes Ben's worth and puts him on the big screen in the third movie. If not, there's always the chance of him showing up in the Batman stuff but as Rac7d said, it'll probably be a supporting role where he plays the mentor/rival role. I don't see him being anything more than a minor supporting character who gets discarded after a single film unfortunately.

A part of me hopes that if Vixen ever gets a live action project they'll use Ben as her Catwoman. There was a rumor a while back there may be a film based around her. Outside of that, I'm not expecting much in terms of live action. Ben's strongest ties in the DCU are to the Suicide Squad and outside of that he's pretty limited in his scope as a character.

Quote Originally Posted by chief12d View Post
    . . . Ben's strongest ties in the DCU are to the Suicide Squad and outside of that he's pretty limited in his scope as a character.
    Hey, if disco music can keep making comebacks, why can't martial arts movies become a "thing" again?

And if that happens, why not a Richard Dragon movie featuring Ben / the Bronze Tiger?

Mighty Member

BTs best and my fav showing outside comics was in the Suicide Squad- Hell to pay animated movie.

Seens DC is devotedly intent on never giving BT his spot in the SS in comics and it the movies instead using Bloodsport. Didn't know he existed until I saw the SS2 trailer.

Hey Baby--Wha's Happ'nin? HandofPrometheus's Avatar

Well it's not exactly confirmed that James Gunn will return for another Suicide Squad film so there's a possibility we get a new director that recognizes Ben's worth and puts him on the big screen in the third movie. If not, there's always the chance of him showing up in the Batman stuff but as Rac7d said, it'll probably be a supporting role where he plays the mentor/rival role. I don't see him being anything more than a minor supporting character who gets discarded after a single film unfortunately.

A part of me hopes that if Vixen ever gets a live action project they'll use Ben as her Catwoman. There was a rumor a while back there may be a film based around her. Outside of that, I'm not expecting much in terms of live action. Ben's strongest ties in the DCU are to the Suicide Squad and outside of that he's pretty limited in his scope as a character.
    Limited in what capacity? He's been on the JL, cooperated with many heroes/villains, has been to nearly every corner of the DC world, and is considered one of the best fighters. He's not limited at all.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by MajorHoy View Post
    Hey, if disco music can keep making comebacks, why can't martial arts movies become a "thing" again?

And if that happens, why not a Richard Dragon movie featuring Ben / the Bronze Tiger?
    A live action, out of continuity martial arts DC movie along the lines of Soul of the Dragon would be great. But Soul of the Dragon only got made because it had Bruce in it and the only DC projects that use different time periods are stuff like Joker and the upcoming Superman. I highly doubt we'll get a Richard Dragon/Bronze Tiger project with the current state of the movies.

Quote Originally Posted by HandofPrometheus View Post
    Limited in what capacity? He's been on the JL, cooperated with many heroes/villains, has been to nearly every corner of the DC world, and is considered one of the best fighters. He's not limited at all.
    Limited in that he's mostly known for being part of the Suicide Squad and doesn't have as extensive or well publicized a relationship with other franchises like the Justice League or the world of spies. As big fans of the character we're definitely aware of the times he's dipped into other corners of the DCU but for most casual comic readers all they know of Ben is that he's sometimes a member of the Suicide Squad and is occasionally a rival to the likes of Batman.

So when it comes to multimedia adaptations he has a more limited range of places he can expect to appear because he's generally not seen by fans or suits as this 6 degrees of separation character who can seamlessly move between different IPs. Even if the DCU wasn't a mess I wouldn't expect Ben to ever become a legitimate member of the League, nor would I expect him to show up in a property like Global Guardians or Outsiders. At the end of the day, he's seen as a SS character and if he doesn't get love there it's hard to imagine he'd get used anywhere else. That's not a comment on the actual character (everyone in this thread knows he can fit into a bunch of different types of stories), more how he's perceived by the fandom and DC in general.

So, I know most prefer to have a black director in black character's movies, but I can't think of someone better to bring Bronze Tiger to screen than Gareth Evans. The Raid and Gangs of London are so good.

The action scenes would be amazing, it would have to be R-rated for sure, for we to get the full Gareth Evans style, but it would be great. I don't think a Bronze Tiger movie would represent too much risk for DC, it wouldn't be very expensive and it wouldn't generate a lot of complaint about making the character r-rated. It could be DC's John Wick.

Based on the leaks for TSS (spoilers obviously): spoilers:
    Ric Flagg is going to die and that leaves the token good guy spot open for Bronze Tiger if Gunn wants him
    end of spoilers
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

Astonishing Member batnbreakfast's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    Based on the leaks for TSS (spoilers obviously): spoilers:
    Ric Flagg is going to die and that leaves the token good guy spot open for Bronze Tiger if Gunn wants him
    end of spoilers
    I don't think Elba will get out of TSS alive. That's probably why he's not BT

Extraordinary Member

That be kind of cool, although I did like impala