Default American Psycho TV Show Is In Development

https://screenrant.com/american-psyc...nt*******gate/

If done right this can be really good but I think I'd rather another movie.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by choptop View Post
    https://screenrant.com/american-psyc...nt*******gate/

If done right this can be really good but I think I'd rather another movie.
    I'd rather Hollywood do something else and stop trying to remake something that was done great the first time round. Any TV series of this will be automatically neutered.

Astonishing Member Timothy Hunter's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Somecrazyaussie View Post
    I'd rather Hollywood do something else and stop trying to remake something that was done great the first time round. Any TV series of this will be automatically neutered.
    Instead of trying to follow up on a beloved classic, I'd rather see a sequel television series to a mediocre horror franchise like Maniac Cop and try to elevate the source material, which was what Nicolas Winding Refn was set to do.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Timothy Hunter View Post
    Instead of trying to follow up on a beloved classic, I'd rather see a sequel television series to a mediocre horror franchise like Maniac Cop and try to elevate the source material, which was what Nicolas Winding Refn was set to do.
    What the hell happened to that? Last I heard it was in development and then it stalled. Maniac Cop worked well on its own. But 2 definitely improved on it in every single way. They really should have stopped at 2. The story had been told, Cordell got his vengeance and Davi's character cleared his name.

Refn would have done something awesome with it.

Sounds like all sorts of a bad idea. I do not look forward to the discourse a show like this will create and will likely avoid it. (the memes and sigma male stuff is already more than enough as is for me)
    Last edited by j9ac9k; 03-04-2024 at 08:09 AM.

Not a Newbie Member JBatmanFan05's Avatar

"The 1980s elements are a well-constructed window-dressing"...Bret Easton Ellis might possibly disagree with this. It might even be the opposite, that Patrick is just a vehicle to critique the specific type of consumerism and materialism and other vices of the 1980s.

I absolutely believe Bateman-like characters could be done well in different decades. Whether those explorations would quite be Ellis's American Psycho, I don't know.

But I'm also one that didn't think you could rightly remove/replace the 1950s in adaptations of King's It. I still don't think you can do that.
    Last edited by JBatmanFan05; 03-04-2024 at 07:45 AM.
    Things I love: Batman, Superman, AEW, old films, Lovecraft

Grant Morrison: “Adults...struggle desperately with fiction, demanding constantly that it conform to the rules of everyday life. Adults foolishly demand to know how Superman can possibly fly, or how Batman can possibly run a multibillion-dollar business empire during the day and fight crime at night, when the answer is obvious even to the smallest child: because it's not real.”