Page 6 of 23 FirstFirst ... 234567891016 ... LastLast
    Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Agent Z View Post
    spoilers:
    So I guess we're throwing psychic powers into Law & Order now?
    end of spoilers
    Explain, please?

I finally saw the two hour SVU premiere. Bad enough they got rid of the actors but they gave them such bad endings. Okay, I don't care about Kat's ending since they never properly developed her into a character in the first place but man, they did as bad by Barnes and the NYPD did Garland.
    Beth Hart - Fire On The Floor CD Review

Beth Hart February 23rd, 2017 Boston, MA Concert Review

"I can't complain. I got to be Jim Morrison for the first half of my life, and Ward Cleaver for the second half." - Warren Zevon.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by ed2962 View Post
    Realistically, both Elliott and Olivia would have been fired years ago. At some point it seemed like every other week when they weren't roughing up suspects, they were disobeying orders, or annoying other cops who weren't in their squad.
    That's the truth, they violate rules, are noticeably incompetent in confrontations and FIGHT DA SYSTEM - spouting off their mouth about hit.

Olivia as a chief, in the last episode - just as Noah gets lost or kidnapped yet again. I hated the Noah threads as I regarded them as degrading to career women who all over sudden lost their minds over the biological clock. Same with Blondy and her multiple babies. I know the actress was pregnant but I would have just married her to a good guy, and shuttled the kids and hubby into the background.

Quote Originally Posted by Deathstroke View Post
    I finally saw the two hour SVU premiere. Bad enough they got rid of the actors but they gave them such bad endings. Okay, I don't care about Kat's ending since they never properly developed her into a character in the first place but man, they did as bad by Barnes and the NYPD did Garland.
    I'm just glad they weren't killed off like Dodds Jr. But yeah, for Barnes, I can imagine him reading the scripts. Pile on Garland, pile on Garland, pile on Garland, Garland retires before they can fire him. WTF.

Extraordinary Member

Not to mention Elliot being accused of killing a kid on TV LOL!
    I mean yeah that too LOL. He's not the dude for uc work.

Explain, please?
    spoilers:
    The mother of the Albanian gangster in the CO season 2 premier who is able to tell Elliot is distressed over his feelings for Liv by reading the leaves of some coffee he drank.
    end of spoilers

Realistically, both Elliott and Olivia would have been fired years ago. At some point it seemed like every other week when they weren't roughing up suspects, they were disobeying orders, or annoying other cops who weren't in their squad.
    If/when the show ends, I expect one or both of them to retire from police work for good. They might even surprise us by having Elliot do time. People looking the other way for them isn't unbelievable for me given many cops do things just as bad or worse before suffering consequences (if they do at all). Derek Chauvin had 18 complaints against during his police career from 2001 to 2020.

Astonishing Member

They can become a couple of officers in a small town in upstate NY - oh, wait - that's that Kellerman's cop did in her books.

Elliot maybe but not Liv. She's in this for the long run, her destiny is deputy chief and maybe even chief.

Plus, I always thought the optics of it was interesting. If Elliot never left, I don't think she ever would have gotten a single promotion, let alone multiple. An outsider looking in can extrapolate, right or wrong, Elliot was dragging her down with his antics. In this I thought it mirrored Goren and Eames from L&O:CI a bit. Once they were done being partners (Goren eventually retired to teach), Eames got two promotions, unless she just skipped over being sergeant and went straight to lieutenant, which is even better.

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Smith View Post
    They can become a couple of officers in a small town in upstate NY - oh, wait - that's that Kellerman's cop did in her books.
    Ahhh...the Peter Decker / Rina Lazarus series by Faye Kellerman...great series!
    Beth Hart - Fire On The Floor CD Review

Beth Hart February 23rd, 2017 Boston, MA Concert Review

"I can't complain. I got to be Jim Morrison for the first half of my life, and Ward Cleaver for the second half." - Warren Zevon.

Nick Amaro, colloquially called Stabler Jr./Stabler Lite, will be returning for SVU's 500th episode this October 21st.

Ultimate Member

spoilers:
    The mother of the Albanian gangster in the CO season 2 premier who is able to tell Elliot is distressed over his feelings for Liv by reading the leaves of some coffee he drank.
    end of spoilers
    Oh that! Yeah...I got no words for that scene.

Ultimate Member

If/when the show ends, I expect one or both of them to retire from police work for good. They might even surprise us by having Elliot do time. People looking the other way for them isn't unbelievable for me given many cops do things just as bad or worse before suffering consequences (if they do at all). Derek Chauvin had 18 complaints against during his police career from 2001 to 2020.
    Sure, it's not usual at all that cops will either cover for each other or look the other way when one does some wrong doing. But when you make not only the public mad but also your comrades, bosses, and the Feds mad...there's no way you stay employed.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Nate Grey View Post
    Nick Amaro, colloquially called Stabler Jr./Stabler Lite, will be returning for SVU's 500th episode this October 21st.
    Danny Pino was a good actor, but I really disliked the fictional character by the time he left. He just came off as stick in the mud and kind of a hypocrite.

Danny Pino was a good actor, but I really disliked the fictional character by the time he left. He just came off as stick in the mud and kind of a hypocrite.
    Agreed.

But yeah, I got a sneaking suspicion his return for this episode has to do with, well besides it being the 500th ep, Rollins/Carisi. Remember Rollins and Amaro dated (well, more like friends with benefits) right before he left. There was even a question as to whether he was the father of her first child or not (turned out to be Lt. Murphy).