Page 19 of 23 FirstFirst ... 9151617181920212223 LastLast
    Invincible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Nate Grey View Post
    Yean they're trolling Benson/Stabler shippers. No real dog in this fight (I thought they were gonna pair her with Duarte), but...I know trolling when I see it. LOL
    That's a pairing I wouldn't have minded!

SVU: I prefer these two new characters over Muncy. Muncy is a bad fit, which is odd cause the actress is typically great in other roles. And the new female detective might have gotten Velasco in trouble (well he technically got himself in trouble, but yeah).
    Rich guy cop works for me and I like uptight lady cop as well.

The ending:
    spoilers:
    Wow its like the writers were like "fvck, how do we end this?" and we got what we got. Papa put a hit on Duarte, and then confessed to it, cause he respected Benson would do anything for her son? Wha...
    end of spoilers
    I didn't mind it but I'll admit the dialogue during spoilers:
    the confession scene
    end of spoilers felt a little expository, but I'll take it over some of the straight up bad writing we got off and on over the last couple of seasons.

Invincible Member

Ugh! They just did a re-run of my least favorite episode of SUV...the one where Barba mercy kills a child and somehow is found not guilty. The dialogue is so bad and the ethical questions were just bungled. There's a serious discussion to be had about the subject, but this time it was just executed so poorly.

Quote Originally Posted by ed2962 View Post
    Ugh! They just did a re-run of my least favorite episode of SUV...the one where Barba mercy kills a child and somehow is found not guilty. The dialogue is so bad and the ethical questions were just bungled. There's a serious discussion to be had about the subject, but this time it was just executed so poorly.
    Yeah that's how they wrote him out, actually. And the reason why he wasn't found guilty was because the parents themselves admitted that they should have been the ones to mercy-kill their own child but they didn't have the courage to do so.

"Poorly executed" eh...sort of. If it was a typical episode not a swan song ep for a character, he would have done so for parents that didn't want their child to die to end it's suffering, so yeah it was too pat in Barba's favor. I think even then they had the seed of a Barba spinoff (For the Defense) that never came to be.

Invincible Member

LaO: Thought it was pretty good, when I go back to working on Thursdays I'm probably going to miss Jeff Donovan as Cosgrove. LOL! However, a couple of nit-picks...spoilers:
    would they really have broken in the door of the guy with the broken leg at that point? All they had on him was the van was registered in his name, at best he'd be a person of interest. Also, when Shaw was explaining Prosperity Gospel to Cosgrave he kinda made it seem like it mostly appeals to black folks, but there's a ton of white people who follow it.
    end of spoilers

Invincible Member

SVU: Interesting premise. Dialogue got kinda hokey at parts. Not sure I fully bought the bad guy's motivation though...

Also, the Velasco reveal...meh. They should have stuck with spoilers:
    the giving illegal drugs to the inmate thing.
    end of spoilers
    Last edited by ed2962; 02-02-2023 at 08:01 PM.

SVU: Interesting premise. Dialogue got kinda hokey at parts. Not sure I fully bought the bad guy's motivation though...

Also, the Velasco reveal...meh. They should have stuck with spoilers:
    the giving illegal drugs to the inmate thing.
    end of spoilers
    Yeah SVU's endings are kinda weird nowadays.

The whole Velasco thing...agreed. Why they think he's telling the truth in the recording is weird. He was trying to get that guy to cooperate he'd say anything.

Murphy's a scary dude...but he'll always be the guy Jax Teller shot in the FACE!

I'm sorry every time he goes to shake someone's hand I expect the person to pull a gun and fire at him.

Invincible Member

OC: Pretty solid. Some interesting twists. The Jet stuff worked for me. Really glad they didn't spoilers:
    have her falling for the bad guy thing for real.
    end of spoilers Neat cliffhanger!

Invincible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Nate Grey View Post
    Murphy's a scary dude...but he'll always be the guy Jax Teller shot in the FACE!

I'm sorry every time he goes to shake someone's hand I expect the person to pull a gun and fire at him.
    Oh, yeah...he's great!

Invincible Member

Erg! A couple of weeks ago I said my least favorite rerun of SVU was when they wrote Barba out, I forgot about the one they just showed now...the one where his replacement ( Stone ) framed and falsified evidence against the guy who was out to intimidate Benson. It's problematic not only on the ethics, but literally someone on the stand admits they lied in front of the jury and it wasn't a mistrial? C'mon!!

Invincible Member

LaO: At first I thought the rapper was loosely inspired be Ye and his recent antics, but then it probably could have a couple guys who've appeared over the years. However at the end spoilers:
    It was the defense attorney and newspaper that called the cop a coward. Why punch the DA?
    end of spoilers

Invincible Member

SVU: Pretty solid tonite. I really like the actor who played the victim, I thought he did a great job. Extra points for the reference to Det Munch...

Invincible Member

OC: Melodrama! But at least it was well acted. However, spoilers:
    even though FBI has turned a blind eye to minor crimes that their informants might do, there's no way they'd let a guy like Murphy run wild unless he was giving them the Taliban or something.
    end of spoilers

SVU: Pretty solid tonite. I really like the actor who played the victim, I thought he did a great job. Extra points for the reference to Det Munch...
    I liked this episode though there are still some unanswered questions. But hopefully Fin gets more character development episodes next season.