Page 23 of 23 FirstFirst ... 131920212223

Quote Originally Posted by Nate Grey View Post
    Thoughts on McCoy's last ep?

Spoiler tags since its still recent:
    spoilers:
    Kinda knew the guy who played Chuck on Supernatural was guilty, he was Chuck on Supernatural. And I figured McCoy would either retire or simply not get re-elected, but the former is better for the story going forward. As McCoy put it, if he retires then the governor steps in and selects his successor and can pick someone more in line with McCoy's values. The opponent winning guaranteed Price being fired instantly plus he could have ideals counter to everything McCoy believed in. It was a good gambit, and at least he went out on top by giving the cross and closing himself.
    end of spoilers

McCoy will be missed, but as far as L&O universe character closings, this was perhaps #1. Top 5 at least.
    What I don't understand about this episode is when the mayor clearly tried to influence or more accurately, interfere, with the case...how is that not a crime?
    Beth Hart - Fire On The Floor CD Review

Beth Hart February 23rd, 2017 Boston, MA Concert Review

"I can't complain. I got to be Jim Morrison for the first half of my life, and Ward Cleaver for the second half." - Warren Zevon.

Invincible Member

LaO: Original - Seemed to be based on the New York Marine/Subway strangling case with a little bit of the neo-nazi fight trend thrown in. It was mostly good, but I thought it could have been stronger if they just focused on the manslaughter issue without adding the overt racist aspect. It seemed like the writer kind of stacked ethics in one direction..."Of course, he's bad! He's friends with a bad person!"
    Last edited by ed2962; 03-21-2024 at 06:20 PM.

Invincible Member

SUV- Actually not terrible tonite. I feel the case probably should have gone to Hate Crimes though. If so, we could have seen some old cast favorites. Also with the woman with agoraphobia...spoilers:
    couldn't they have just done a photo line up at her home? It seems like a bigger deal was made out of than it needed to be.
    end of spoilers I also sorta liked that the cousin spoilers:
    was sorta of a coward. I don't blame him for running, but he didn't call the cops or an ambulance or check on dude at hospital. It was frustrating but at the same time probably realistic. Not everyone steps up in such a situation.
    end of spoilers

Invincible Member

OC- Speaking of old cast members...Cragen! "You're not taking this IAB investigation seriously..." Elliot should have said something like, "I've been breaking rules and multiple laws around here for 20yrs and still haven't been fired...why should I take it seriously?" The end with Judge was a little much spoilers:
    somehow he was able to get the drop on a room full of men and a guy who's had police training
    end of spoilers but still worked for me.

Quote Originally Posted by Deathstroke View Post
    What I don't understand about this episode is when the mayor clearly tried to influence or more accurately, interfere, with the case...how is that not a crime?
    It is, but...prosecuting a sitting mayor without a mountain of evidence/smoking gun(s) is near impossible. It's a career builder if you succeed, and a career ender if you don't. Best they could do is what they did, work around him/get the governor's help when possible (selecting Jack's successor).

Nolan...is starting to piss me off. Its actually scary that an EADA is this short-sighted.

So, had Nolan had his way: pull the undercover to solve this case. Great, the victim gets justice. The planned bombing goes ahead anyway, and since the undercover's cover is blown, no way to know when or where. People die. But that's fine, since the first victim got justice. The NEW victims cause of the bombing that could have been prevented had the undercover stayed in place? Who cares apparently.

And it didn't dawn on this nitwit, that if the goal is to get the victim's killer in prison, who cares if he gets there specifically for killing the victim as long as he gets there. The goal was to get THEM ALL, not just him. It'll take a bit longer but it will happen and lives will be saved when the terrorist threat is thwarted.

I'm glad Nolan has oversight cause...wow. I'm glad this didn't come up when he was acting DA while waiting for McCoy's replacement.

I am not a lawyer, but I can think of questions to ask and witnesses to call that he doesn't. Look, as soon as the defense called their surprise witness, he should have asked for a continuance while to give them time to vet the witness. He is not a good ADA.
    There came a time when the Old Gods died! The Brave died with the Cunning! The Noble perished locked in battle with unleashed Evil! It was the last day for them! An ancient era was passing in fiery holocaust!

Quote Originally Posted by ed2962 View Post
    OC- Speaking of old cast members...Cragen! "You're not taking this IAB investigation seriously..." Elliot should have said something like, "I've been breaking rules and multiple laws around here for 20yrs and still haven't been fired...why should I take it seriously?" The end with Judge was a little much spoilers:
    somehow he was able to get the drop on a room full of men and a guy who's had police training
    end of spoilers but still worked for me.
    spoilers:
    He wasn't just any cop, he was his direct lackey who probably felt some sort of way betraying him. As such the judge probably actually shot him FIRST before blowing away the rest of the men. It just took him longer to die. Plus he was still battered from the botched attempt at killing the judge's daughter to retaliate in any meaningful way after getting shot.
    end of spoilers

But nevermind all that, what about that revelation involving Papa Stabler??? Also when are we gonna see the two sister Stablers, Sharon and Dee? We got 5 eps to go before the season is over and its oddly on the bubble so now's the time to pull that trigger.

I hate that OC is on the bubble, it seems to have found it's stride: 2-3 part stories vs season long stories (seasons 1 and 2) work better. But I guess the backup plan is to move it to Peacock if it doesn't get renewed.

Original Flavor 2.0: Soooo...Baxter doesn't like the idea of babies being held hostage, but beyond that doesn't care where the baby winds up? I'd like to think with the murderess probably doing life the bio dad can do...something, but leaving that up in the air was pretty dang dark and I'm not sure if the show was going for that.

SVU: Not sure where Finn was, but anyway, that was a good ep. Hargitay's a great director.

OC Spoilers. Well, if the bombshell about Stabler's dad wasn't enough:

spoilers:
    His youngest brother Joey might be the mysterious Red Coat, head of a criminal empire that even the ATF can't catch.
    end of spoilers

Not sure how I feel about that, but...I sure can't wait to see what's next.

Man OC was good last night, OG as well. SVU is starting to show its age. Glad that Maddy story is finally over - it was all kinds of creepy.

Quote Originally Posted by chachi View Post
    Man OC was good last night, OG as well. SVU is starting to show its age. Glad that Maddy story is finally over - it was all kinds of creepy.
    This seems to be a popular sentiment on the net at the moment: OC is easily the best (guess getting a X-Files show runner was the right move), OG is good (DA Baxter brought some new life into the show) and SVU is, like you put it, starting to show its age.

Speaking of OC, since the ep is kinda new spoiler tags: spoilers:
    Elliot using the meeting to tell Ayanna who was undercover that Sam is dead, in code, was brilliant.
    end of spoilers