Page 10 of 23 FirstFirst ... 6789101112131420 ... LastLast

Actress Camryn Manheim has been cast as the new lieutenant on the revival of the original Law & Order series. Article Link.
    Beth Hart - Fire On The Floor CD Review

Beth Hart February 23rd, 2017 Boston, MA Concert Review

"I can't complain. I got to be Jim Morrison for the first half of my life, and Ward Cleaver for the second half." - Warren Zevon.

Wonder when the twist that has been in front of us since the first couple episodes of OC will be revealed? If you don't know what I am referring to, think back to the conversation Manfredo and Wheatley having on the Ferris Wheel.

More Law & Order revival series casting news.

"I can't complain. I got to be Jim Morrison for the first half of my life, and Ward Cleaver for the second half." - Warren Zevon.

Sam Waterston is returning to the revival series as Jack McCoy. Article Link

So, tonight's episode of SVU, feels like it would have been the backdoor pilot of Law & Order: Hate Crimes. Maybe a coincidence. Like the Barba ep felt like a backdoor pilot for Law & Order: For the Defense.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Nate Grey View Post
    So, tonight's episode of SVU, feels like it would have been the backdoor pilot of Law & Order: Hate Crimes. Maybe a coincidence. Like the Barba ep felt like a backdoor pilot for Law & Order: For the Defense.
    I felt the same way. Getting past the initial set up, I thought it wasn't bad ( although it could have been more "realistic" given what we know about such groups).

Totally subjective...Declan looks better with a beard.

Quote Originally Posted by ed2962 View Post
    I felt the same way. Getting past the initial set up, I thought it wasn't bad ( although it could have been more "realistic" given what we know about such groups).

Totally subjective...Declan looks better with a beard.
    At least one other person so far on TVLine thinks the same. And I could buy Jason Biggs, Mr. American Pie himself, as a cop. Had a Munch-esque feel to him. But I liked it. I wonder why, if it was the pilot, why they pulled the plug. My theory is all potential spinoffs went out the window once they got word Original Flavor was being revived.

Agreed about Declan. Oddly he looks older WITHOUT a beard.

So Wheatley's plan is...organized chaos? Ok.

Glad Elliot figured out Angela was faking. She should have let that glass of water fall to the floor. lol

So we just...not gonna revisit Wheatley Jr. wanting revenge on his dad? That's just done? Shame. And where is Wheatley's actual wife, Pilar?

Ultimate Member

So Wheatley's plan is...organized chaos? Ok.

Glad Elliot figured out Angela was faking. She should have let that glass of water fall to the floor. lol

So we just...not gonna revisit Wheatley Jr. wanting revenge on his dad? That's just done? Shame. And where is Wheatley's actual wife, Pilar?
    Yeah, I hope that's just sensationalism they used for the teaser. This season has been pretty good without turning Wheatley into a campy super villain.

Agreed about the Elliot/Mrs Wheatley scene. I was afraid it was going to be corny, but it worked for me.

I think with Wheatley Jr and Girl-Wheatley they're off the table for the moment, but the door is still open for them to come back.

Yeah, I hope that's just sensationalism they used for the teaser. This season has been pretty good without turning Wheatley into a campy super villain.

Agreed about the Elliot/Mrs Wheatley scene. I was afraid it was going to be corny, but it worked for me.

I think with Wheatley Jr and Girl-Wheatley they're off the table for the moment, but the door is still open for them to come back.
    Too late, that dinner scene at the end with Penguin screamed Campy Super Villain [TM] lol

Speaking of that, Angela knows by now Richard has her son (the one she had before she was married to Richard) killed. Unless she knew all along. Unless she even ordered the hit. Maybe I'm late to the party so to speak, but I think they're two evil peas in a pod. She's been on his side this whole time, playing everyone for fools (the poisoning, while real, was also part of the act/plan).

The mobility ruse, though, she played herself by trying to open the sugar packets for her cappuccino. To a detective like Elliot it probably seemed off and he played a hunch that paid off.

Yeah with everything else going on (the Congressman, the hacker, Wheatley), Wheatley's kids can wait till next season. Seems the Wheatley family is gonna be around for a while.

Finally...I mean I thought the whole interaction with Slootmeakers and that hacker dude (and his date) was funny, it just felt like I was suddenly watching another show. Especially with the cat wearing his ankle monitor as a collar.

Was the SVU episode supposed to be released earlier? It was odd to see a Christmas episode in January.

Ultimate Member

Too late, that dinner scene at the end with Penguin screamed Campy Super Villain [TM] lol

Speaking of that, Angela knows by now Richard has her son (the one she had before she was married to Richard) killed. Unless she knew all along. Unless she even ordered the hit. Maybe I'm late to the party so to speak, but I think they're two evil peas in a pod. She's been on his side this whole time, playing everyone for fools (the poisoning, while real, was also part of the act/plan).

The mobility ruse, though, she played herself by trying to open the sugar packets for her cappuccino. To a detective like Elliot it probably seemed off and he played a hunch that paid off.

Yeah with everything else going on (the Congressman, the hacker, Wheatley), Wheatley's kids can wait till next season. Seems the Wheatley family is gonna be around for a while.

Finally...I mean I thought the whole interaction with Slootmeakers and that hacker dude (and his date) was funny, it just felt like I was suddenly watching another show. Especially with the cat wearing his ankle monitor as a collar.
    They actually used that gag in an older episode of LAO:SUV. Elliot and Olivia liked a guy as a suspect for an assault but he had an alibi cuz he was on an ankle monitor. They decide they're going to wait outside his apartment anyway and as they are watching their device, they're saying stuff like, "Look at him pacing back and forth!" When it looks like the suspect is about to leave the apt, they look up and see it's the guy's cat on the fire escape wearing the monitor.

Ultimate Member

Tonite's SVU was...not great. It started out as if it was going to make a point about vigilante justice then messily turned into a plot about the how abused people become abusers and the episode didn't make a strong point about either subject. It almost felt like the first 2/3 was from one script and the last 1/3 was from a completely different show.

OC was better, however Wheatly being an advisor to the Feds or cops on certain cases makes sense but spoilers:
    him being the go to guy on cyber crimes? Hanging out with the governor? I'm not sure I completely buy it. Also, while I liked the cat and mouse bit at the end, him and rebel hacker guy flying off in a helicopter was a little much.
    end of spoilers Having said that Dylan has been killing as an actor.

Tonite's SVU was...not great. It started out as if it was going to make a point about vigilante justice then messily turned into a plot about the how abused people become abusers and the episode didn't make a strong point about either subject. It almost felt like the first 2/3 was from one script and the last 1/3 was from a completely different show.

OC was better, however Wheatly being an advisor to the Feds or cops on certain cases makes sense but spoilers:
    him being the go to guy on cyber crimes? Hanging out with the governor? I'm not sure I completely buy it. Also, while I liked the cat and mouse bit at the end, him and rebel hacker guy flying off in a helicopter was a little much.
    end of spoilers Having said that Dylan has been killing as an actor.
    i was disappointed and confused by parts of the episode. some of the choices by some of the characters (protagonists) seemed not to make any sense. Then there was a revelation at the end by a supporting character which was not only shocking but didn't seem to fit with what that character was dealing with at the beginning of the episode.

Quote Originally Posted by Hypestyle View Post
    i was disappointed and confused by parts of the episode. some of the choices by some of the characters (protagonists) seemed not to make any sense. Then there was a revelation at the end by a supporting character which was not only shocking but didn't seem to fit with what that character was dealing with at the beginning of the episode.
    Yeah I was thinking it shouldn't have happened in the same episode, people might think the two are connected and I'm guessing that's not the message they want sent out. It should have happened in two different episodes, not the SAME episode.