Page 8 of 23 FirstFirst ... 45678910111218 ... LastLast
    Unadjusted Human on CBR SUPERECWFAN1's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Deathstroke View Post
    Unsurprisingly, there's a segment of the Law & Order fandom who are idiotic scumbags.
    Quote Originally Posted by ed2962 View Post
    I'm not sure how writing that letter even makes Kathy a bad person? I mean, I thought it was a dumb idea from a plot/writing/relationship aspect but still why should we be mad at her?
    If anyone remembers Stabler nearly left his wife for Olivia at one point as the 2 were heading towards a divorce. Kathy got pregnant and Stabler stayed with her due to that in 2000's. But Kathy always knew there was a chemistry the 2 had for each other. That they gave off a husband and wife vibe together due to the closeness they had. So she of course would make sense to write the letter due to her feelings on it.
    "The story so far: As usual, Ginger and I are engaged in our quest to find out what the hell is going on and save humanity from my nemesis, some bastard who is presumably responsible." - Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.
    “ Well hell just froze over. Because CM Punk is back in the WWE.” - Jcogginsa.
    “You can take the boy outta the mom’s basement, but you can’t take the mom’s basement outta the boy!” - LA Knight.
    "Revel in What You Are." Bray Wyatt.

I'm not sure how writing that letter even makes Kathy a bad person? I mean, I thought it was a dumb idea from a plot/writing/relationship aspect but still why should we be mad at her?
    A lot of shippers are illogical like that.

Invincible Member

Quote Originally Posted by SUPERECWFAN1 View Post
    If anyone remembers Stabler nearly left his wife for Olivia at one point as the 2 were heading towards a divorce. Kathy got pregnant and Stabler stayed with her due to that in 2000's. But Kathy always knew there was a chemistry the 2 had for each other. That they gave off a husband and wife vibe together due to the closeness they had. So she of course would make sense to write the letter due to her feelings on it.
    Well, that's kind of why it doesn't make sense. You've almost divorced from your partner at least twice. So, you think it's a good idea to write a letter to your spouse's co-worker who for years everyone thinks could have been a couple ( a couple people actually thought had an affair) suggesting what great friends they were and if things were different they could have been together? This is what no one in a shaky relationship does. It's one thing for her ghost write "I was out of the country working on a case," it's another to write "These are my feelings."

I mean, clearly last season's writers were going to lean into the "will they won't they" trope, but this season ( wisely) decided against it. And while I think it's good that they dropped that sub-plot, they could have come up with something better than, "That mushy letter I wrote to you? Uh...my dead wife wrote it."

Having said all that, her writing such a letter would simply show how devoted she was to Elliot and that she was willing to "share" him with Benson in a certain sense. I'm not getting why some fans would be upset about that.

Well, that's kind of why it doesn't make sense. You've almost divorced from your partner at least twice. So, you think it's a good idea to write a letter to your spouse's co-worker who for years everyone thinks could have been a couple ( a couple people actually thought had an affair) suggesting what great friends they were and if things were different they could have been together? This is what no one in a shaky relationship does. It's one thing for her ghost write "I was out of the country working on a case," it's another to write "These are my feelings."

I mean, clearly last season's writers were going to lean into the "will they won't they" trope, but this season ( wisely) decided against it. And while I think it's good that they dropped that sub-plot, they could have come up with something better than, "That mushy letter I wrote to you? Uh...my dead wife wrote it."

Having said all that, her writing such a letter would simply show how devoted she was to Elliot and that she was willing to "share" him with Benson in a certain sense. I'm not getting why some fans would be upset about that.
    I think it's pretty obvious. Stabler/Benson shippers don't want Kathy to share Elliot with Olivia in any sense of the word. They want Stabler and Olivia together, with no one else involved.

.... sheesh. people do realize that these characters are fictional, right?

regarding the original L&O's return, bring back Anthony Anderson since Black-Ish is ending. Jessie L Martin, too.
    Last edited by Hypestyle; 10-06-2021 at 08:58 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Hypestyle View Post
    .... sheesh. people do realize that these characters are fictional, right?

regarding the original L&O's return, bring back Anthony Anderson since Black-Ish is ending. Jessie L Martin, too.
    Black-ish is ending?

Ultimate Member

Yeah this upcoming season is its last, it's been reported elsewhere but Anderson acknowledged it when he was on The Tonight Show last night...

Ha! They explained what Nick Amaro did in the interim:

spoilers:
    went back to school to get a degree in forensics so he can work...

Cold Cases.
    end of spoilers

I see what you did there, SVU!

Invincible Member

LAO:OC...

Blondie's "Call Me" is not about a call girl, it's about a male prostitute.

LAO:OC...

Blondie's "Call Me" is not about a call girl, it's about a male prostitute.
    Fascinating. Never thought to research it before. Its from "American Gigolo", and is apparently written from the main character's perspective, a, like you said, male prostitute.

Heck when Giorgio Moroder was shopping the instrumental around to get someone to write the lyrics, it was called "Man Machine."

I guess L&O:OC were assuming people wouldn't know or...you know, Google it. lol

Invincible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Nate Grey View Post
    Fascinating. Never thought to research it before. Its from "American Gigolo", and is apparently written from the main character's perspective, a, like you said, male prostitute.

Heck when Giorgio Moroder was shopping the instrumental around to get someone to write the lyrics, it was called "Man Machine."

I guess L&O:OC were assuming people wouldn't know or...you know, Google it. lol
    I know I'm the person to pointed it out, but I wouldn't be too hard on the writers. It's not the first time people have misinterpreted the lyrics to a popular song.

That reminds me, I guess I missed it but I thought Eddie Wagner was a made up person, not an actual person that Elliot was assuming the identity of. That's kinda sloppy then that whatshername didn't catch Eddie had a kid the first time. A kid that showed up and now will apparently blackmail Stabler into being a dad?

Well guess Stabler's gotta be a dad to someone, might was well be this kid. *shrugs*

Invincible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Nate Grey View Post
    That reminds me, I guess I missed it but I thought Eddie Wagner was a made up person, not an actual person that Elliot was assuming the identity of. That's kinda sloppy then that whatshername didn't catch Eddie had a kid the first time. A kid that showed up and now will apparently blackmail Stabler into being a dad?

Well guess Stabler's gotta be a dad to someone, might was well be this kid. *shrugs*
    Same here. I thought, "Maybe they explained it earlier in the season and I went to the bathroom or was on the phone or something and missed that bit of dialogue?"

You know what would be funny is if Dickie and this kid meet and have a fight or something. Ha! That could be the season finale!

Incredible Member

That was some very lazy writing on the show part.

Actor Jeffrey Donovan has been cast as a detective for the revival of the Law & Order series. Article Link
    Beth Hart - Fire On The Floor CD Review

Beth Hart February 23rd, 2017 Boston, MA Concert Review

"I can't complain. I got to be Jim Morrison for the first half of my life, and Ward Cleaver for the second half." - Warren Zevon.