Page 12 of 23 FirstFirst ... 2891011121314151622 ... LastLast

I watched this week's SVU episode last night and it was truly terrible regarding the daughter who reported her mother's rape. Not that she did it but the whole screechy social justice nature of the character where she seemed to lack any sense of tact at all was annoying. The mother specifically telling her she didn't want it reported, she reports it. Then the mother and daughter being told to wait for DNA before meeting with the guy that might be her father, they go out to dinner with him (later find out that he's not the father).

Essentially, the daughter character was a horrendous awful person for 3/4 of the show.

As for the Organized Crime episode, yeah they need to focus less on Wheatley as a Bond villain. Gives the show an air of high action adventure to be sure but also seems a little less realistic.
    Beth Hart - Fire On The Floor CD Review

Beth Hart February 23rd, 2017 Boston, MA Concert Review

"I can't complain. I got to be Jim Morrison for the first half of my life, and Ward Cleaver for the second half." - Warren Zevon.

Quote Originally Posted by Hypestyle View Post
    I also have a memory of Anthony Anderson playing another detective entirely on one episode of SVU... "Fat", or something..
    Det. Lucius Blaine in a 2006 SVU ep. titled “Fat”.
    I had totally forgotten that until reading your post.

Ok, they've GOT to still be doing the Hate Crimes spinoff. That one detective from the Hate Crimes Division in the last ep, that other one (Jason Biggs) in the upcoming one. This current ep with the shock jock rapist though was oddly...goofy. And not in a good way. Especially that ending. Well, Chekov's gun and all, only literally. lol

Ep 2 of Original Flavor Reborn was good, though.

In the middle of OC. I had a feeling Wheatley would do that. RIP spoilers:
    Wheatley Jr. Good luck on Batwoman.
    end of spoilers

So Wheatley body wasn't found? lol

Quote Originally Posted by chachi View Post
    So Wheatley body wasn't found? lol
    Hey, gotta leave the door open in case FBI: Most Wanted doesn't work out!

But if Marquis Jet on Batwoman doesn't work out...

Invincible Member

LO:I haven't been able to catch the new episodes of the Mothership because I'm still working when it's on. I'll have to search for it online somewhere perhaps.

SUV: I'm probably going to give up on it depending on how I feel about it next week. Once again, we had a decent premise, but it went limp in the second half.

OC: Tonite was a very entertaining episode of Daredevil. Matt's determination, the drama between Kingpin and his wife, and the Devil Kids side mission all worked for me. Although, I'm sure that Kingpin's plan is straight from an old 70's Spiderman comic spoilers:
    I had to look it up but it's ASM #151-152
    end of spoilers. The only thing that bugged me was the way they found Matt's mom spoilers:
    Devil Girl just happening to recognize the interior of the S&M club was just a little to convenient...I mean really?
    end of spoilers. I'm pretty interested in how they are going work the Punisher into the regular cast. My guess is that, they'll start out as friends, but by the end of the season, Matt will be put off by his harsh methods.

I was gonna make a post about SVU as it was airing but I decided to wait till all three were finished.

That...was cartoony, especially the end. I was more interested in the upcoming episode. Now, they've already established the Hate Crimes Task Force, headed by former SVU head (and daddy to one of Amanda's kids), Declan Murphy, along with the whole cast to this would-be spinoff...then one of the detectives from that "pilot" works with SVU last ep, and another, this one played by Jason Biggs, will be in the upcoming ep. I'm curious what exactly is going on, and I can't find any recent news about it. But it looks like they're keeping these characters in rotation so when its spunoff it'll already have a built-in audience not folks tuning in out of morbid curiosity.

Two ripped from the headlines stories in one row?

This past week's Organized Crime episode was a bit of a cheat. Not finishing off the Wheatley storyline was just ridiculous. The police leaving Elliott to twist in the winds of public pillory sucks too.

But at least we know a little more about Jet's proclivities. LOL!
    Beth Hart - Fire On The Floor CD Review

Beth Hart February 23rd, 2017 Boston, MA Concert Review

"I can't complain. I got to be Jim Morrison for the first half of my life, and Ward Cleaver for the second half." - Warren Zevon.

Invincible Member

SVU: Yeah, I think I'm going to drop it and go back to watching Chicago PD reruns. Again, interesting premise but sloppy writing failed the episode. I mean...spoilers:
    Fair enough that the Jason Biggs character was an illumni of the college, but he just drops by the frat and they welcome him in? Why wouldn't they be suspicious of a 40-something dude wanting to hang out with them out of the blue? And the incriminating evidence he recorded is a vulgar song they wrote? And that's enough to charge the whole frat with conspiracy?Jeez...
    end of spoilers

Invincible Member

OC: Enjoyed tonite's episode. It's still melodramatic but the fact that we're back to mobs/gangs and city corruption rather than super-villain plots, is a big thumbs up from me. Well paced and I think they did a good job of juggling several plotlines. Having said that, I'm not so sure I get the in story logic of Evil Politician Man telling spoilers:
    The gang leaders that they now have to report to Undercover Girl who has basically been functioning as his personal assistant. Like why?
    end of spoilers

Quote Originally Posted by ed2962 View Post
    SVU: Yeah, I think I'm going to drop it and go back to watching Chicago PD reruns. Again, interesting premise but sloppy writing failed the episode. I mean...spoilers:
    Fair enough that the Jason Biggs character was an illumni of the college, but he just drops by the frat and they welcome him in? Why wouldn't they be suspicious of a 40-something dude wanting to hang out with them out of the blue? And the incriminating evidence he recorded is a vulgar song they wrote? And that's enough to charge the whole frat with conspiracy?Jeez...
    end of spoilers
    LOL I was thinking the same thing. Its like a cartoon at this point. Especially, like last week, that ending. Boy they (Carisi, et al) got lucky.

Quick question, who does Carisi report to directly? Is it still Hadid?

Invincible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Nate Grey View Post
    LOL I was thinking the same thing. Its like a cartoon at this point. Especially, like last week, that ending. Boy they (Carisi, et al) got lucky.

Quick question, who does Carisi report to directly? Is it still Hadid?
    I'm not sure. If I didn't know better I'd say it's Liv! LOL!

Quote Originally Posted by ed2962 View Post
    OC: Enjoyed tonite's episode. It's still melodramatic but the fact that we're back to mobs/gangs and city corruption rather than super-villain plots, is a big thumbs up from me. Well paced and I think they did a good job of juggling several plotlines. Having said that, I'm not so sure I get the in story logic of Evil Politician Man telling spoilers:
    The gang leaders that they now have to report to Undercover Girl who has basically been functioning as his personal assistant. Like why?
    end of spoilers
    I kind of want Wheatley (if he's alive), the Albanians and the Marcy Killers to form an alliance.

Also, isn't this Liv's fourth appearance on OC? Is it often to have a character from the sister show drop by this often?

Quote Originally Posted by Agent Z View Post
    I kind of want Wheatley (if he's alive), the Albanians and the Marcy Killers to form an alliance.

Also, isn't this Liv's fourth appearance on OC? Is it often to have a character from the sister show drop by this often?
    Like Grey's Anatomy/Station 19? Multiple crossovers and they share characters. In fact I suspect that's why Station 19 keeps getting renewed, unlike Private Practice it keeps an open connection to the show it spun off from.