Page 13 of 23 FirstFirst ... 391011121314151617 ... LastLast
    Invincible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Agent Z View Post
    I kind of want Wheatley (if he's alive), the Albanians and the Marcy Killers to form an alliance.

Also, isn't this Liv's fourth appearance on OC? Is it often to have a character from the sister show drop by this often?
    I think in the past they treated it like more of an event, but these days in the Dick Wolf TV Universe, it's basically 60's-80's Marvel comics...you're just as likely to get a random cameo as you are a major crossover.

Quote Originally Posted by ed2962 View Post
    I think in the past they treated it like more of an event, but these days in the Dick Wolf TV Universe, it's basically 60's-80's Marvel comics...you're just as likely to get a random cameo as you are a major crossover.
    I remember a random episode of Criminal Intent where Goren and Eames just talked to Briscoe and Greene.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I remember a random episode of Criminal Intent where Goren and Eames just talked to Briscoe and Greene.
    I was wondering about that. L&O:CI never seemed to interact with any of the other L&O shows. I only remember when Carver was complaining to Branch about lacking authority to do something, and Branch said I can make you a bureau chief right now. L&O and L&O:SVU, sure, especially in the beginning, but CI seemed left out for the most part. I just chalked it up to Goren being too immediately abrasive to really work in any other context besides Major Crimes.

Google is saying the episode you're talking about is a season 1 episode called "Poison." Not sure how I missed it, but I'm guessing its a blink and you miss it cameo.

Also, this is Wolf's thing now. I'm not sure if he got it from Greys Anatomy/Station 19, or vice versa, but all the Chicago shows crossover frequently, and apparently the FBI shows do, too.

I don't mind it, per se (with L&O, that is (don't really watch the other Wolf Entertainment shows)), I just wonder how long they can keep the "slow burn" of Stabler/Benson going.

Invincible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Good point. There's also an episode of SVU were Eames randomly shows up in the second half ( although I think Criminal Intent had just been cancelled). They even lampshade Vicent D'Onofrio's acting ticks on the show.

But yeah, I'll catch random episodes of the Chicago PD or Fire shows and characters from the three show franchise will just show for like a couple of minutes and then be gone. It reminds of the days where you'd be reading Spider-Man or something and Thor or somebody would just happen to fly past...

Invincible Member

There was Chris Noth from LaO joining the cast of Criminal Intent but I'm not sure you'd call that a crossover since he became a regular?

I think probably one of the more impactful "crossovers" was when this mother and daughter pair got off in SVU but they finally managed to nail them in regular LaO and Benson and Stabler showed up.

Well...and the SVU/Trial By Jury crossover. One of the few times Angela Lansbury played a villain (if not only time). She was trying to keep her rapist son (played by Alfred Molina) from going to prison.

Quote Originally Posted by ed2962 View Post
    Now I'm stuck with the image of a L&O equivalent of Secret Wars or Civil War in my head.

Quote Originally Posted by Nate Grey View Post
    Well...and the SVU/Trial By Jury crossover. One of the few times Angela Lansbury played a villain (if not only time). She was trying to keep her rapist son (played by Alfred Molina) from going to prison.
    And he ended up becoming a lawyer and then detective on Law and Order: LA.

Invincible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Agent Z View Post
    Now I'm stuck with the image of a L&O equivalent of Secret Wars or Civil War in my head.
    Oh, the precedence has already been set...they already did a SUV/Chicago PD crossover.

It's easy to imagine an"event" that spans the Weds/Thurs-Chicago/NY shows. Some people are victims on MD, on Fire it's established that arson is involved on PD they figure out that a crime syndicate is behind it, Mr Big and his cronies flee to NY and a couple of the hench men are caught of L&O, on SUV, they grab one of the guys for sexual assault and then on OC they finally catch Mr Big.

And while in NYC Friends and Sienfield characters make cameos...

I hope that Jeff Goldblum comes back for a string of episodes. On which show, I'm not particular. Maybe all three, lol.

Oooh so the "rip from the headlines" story for Original Flavor 2.0 is Britney's conservatorship.

"Try that again and I'll have you fired." Ok, now Maroun reminds me of Borgia. Hopes she lasts longer than her.

Hey Dann Florek is coming to Organized Crime for a cameo next episode!