Page 15 of 23 FirstFirst ... 5111213141516171819 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Agent Z View Post
    Speaking of reused actors, Mouzam Makkar, the woman who played the victim's lawyer in the SVU episode appeared twice before. First as a victim in a Gamergate inspired episode and later on as an attorney for a victim in another episode.
    I feel like this should be a drinking game. lol I wonder if the new record holder is Camryn Manheim. She was on Original Recipe L&O three times before becoming a main character 28 years after her last appearance.

Invincible Member

Nevermind...I had a question about tonite's "SVU", but I got the explanation...
    Last edited by ed2962; 05-05-2022 at 08:11 PM. Reason: I missed a line of dialogue and it messed up my whole understanding

Invincible Member

I must say that the type of "crossover" that we got with "OC" wasn't what I expected, and that was good thing. Having said that, does anyone else think that Mariska Hargitay's acting on OC is better than she's been on her own show in a long time?

Quote Originally Posted by ed2962 View Post
    Ok, I'll admit that I was a little distracted watching "SVU" but what was the ending? spoilers:
    The pregnant teen will get married next month when she turns 15?
    end of spoilers
    Huh? No. spoilers:
    The mother lied. She said she'd agree to consent to let them get married, but since the consent would require a blood test for the baby (it doesn't) the daughter would have to do that FIRST. Once it was done, they charged the guy with statutory rape. The parents decided (without the daughter present) that they would reveal the subterfuge as well as their respective "relationships" with the rapist, to the daughter, and that they'd raise their daughter's baby as their own child.

It was all exposition after the mother and daughter hugged, so we never saw the daughter or the rapist/his lawyer after the mother lied about agreeing to consent. It was just the parents, Benson, Rollins, and Carisi, who said being charged took all the fire out of the guy's religious talk. What was creepy though was the parents seemingly happy at the idea of raising their underage daughter's child by the same guy both parents had sexual relations with. Though I guess in a sick way it does make sense.
    end of spoilers

Invincible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Nate Grey View Post
    Huh? No. spoilers:
    The mother lied. She said she'd agree to consent to let them get married, but since the consent would require a blood test for the baby (it doesn't) the daughter would have to do that FIRST. Once it was done, they charged the guy with statutory rape. The parents decided (without the daughter present) that they would reveal the subterfuge as well as their respective "relationships" with the rapist, to the daughter, and that they'd raise their daughter's baby as their own child.

It was all exposition after the mother and daughter hugged, so we never saw the daughter or the rapist/his lawyer after the mother lied about agreeing to consent. It was just the parents, Benson, Rollins, and Carisi, who said being charged took all the fire out of the guy's religious talk. What was creepy though was the parents seemingly happy at the idea of raising their underage daughter's child by the same guy both parents had sexual relations with. Though I guess in a sick way it does make sense.
    end of spoilers
    Yeah, I just had it explained to me right after I posted that, LOL! I missed that bit of dialogue and the show ended and OC was a different case and I was like "what?"

Anyone know if the previous two episodes were ripped from the headlines?

Invincible Member

OC: Entertaining but we're starting to vear into soap opera/comic book territory again. spoilers:
    Webb had to hire an international hit woman to take down Elliot? C'mon! And that chase scene...again entertaining but it was straight out of an 80's action movie...I was waiting for a car to explode! Also, they need to drop the "Elliot's Dad faked a shooting" bit. It was interesting at first, when we didn't know if it was true or a con by Donnelly, but really doesn't seem to be going anywhere. Same with Nova's brother wanting revenge...there just doesn't seem to be any point to it other than to flesh out Nova's story a bit, but I think there's other ways they could have done it.
    end of spoilers

Invincible Member

Been catching some Chicago PD reruns, but I don't always see them in order. So it's interesting to see an earlier season's episode then one from a couple years later. It really seems to me like when the actress who played Erin Lindsey left and was replaced by Hailey Upton, the writers were like, "Remember those plot ideas we thought we couldn't use because Lindsey is gone? Screw it! Let's just give them to Hailey!"

About Organized Crime:spoilers:
    Man that's some bull how Webb went out. I was hoping he'd spill over into next season. But apparently Cassandra Webb his wife will return in some capacity since her charges got dropped. Reason: found proof she didn't kill her husband (it was Nova) and I guess the proof she hired the assassin to kill Stabler was flimsy at best.

Can't say I'm sad to see Donnelly go. And a quickie cameo by Cragen when Stabler got his medal. lol He gets a medal but still no promotion.
    end of spoilers

Invincible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Nate Grey View Post
    About Organized Crime:spoilers:
    Man that's some bull how Webb went out. I was hoping he'd spill over into next season. But apparently Cassandra Webb his wife will return in some capacity since her charges got dropped. Reason: found proof she didn't kill her husband (it was Nova) and I guess the proof she hired the assassin to kill Stabler was flimsy at best.

Can't say I'm sad to see Donnelly go. And a quickie cameo by Cragen when Stabler got his medal. lol He gets a medal but still no promotion.
    end of spoilers
    I agree 100% about Webb. There was still alot that could have been done with his character. The conclusion to Donnelly storyline worked fine to me. One thing that didn't quite connect though wasspoilers:
    Bell's wife leaving. It might have had more impact if we'd been shown that their marriage was on shakey ground or something, but for her to leave just because Bell arrested her boss seems flimsy.
    end of spoilers

Next season will concentrate on Stabler investigating his dad's cover-up.

Anthony Anderson will not be returning for season 22.

https://www.yahoo.com/entertainment/...025210354.html
    Last edited by Agent Z; 07-19-2022 at 01:37 PM.

If Waterston doesn't sign again, I can see Cutter or Robinette becoming the new DA. Both Richard Brooks (Robinette) and Linus Roache (Cutter) seems to stay busy though, but maybe something can be worked out. They're either working on movies (Roache) or recurring/guest starring in shows (Brooks). Or maybe bring back Nora Lewin (Dianne Wiest). Or go to the other spinoffs and pull from their past ADAs, like Carver (Law & Order: Criminal Intent) or Novak (SVU).

There's so many ways they can go, as far as bringing back a past character. This is one position IMO should not be filled by a new character.

Law & Order: Organized Crime crew member shot and killed while on Brooklyn set

A crew member for Law & Order: Organized Crime was killed in a shooting on the series’ set this morning, multiple outlets confirm.

The man, who worked in parking enforcement, was shot while sitting in a car on set in Greenpoint, Brooklyn. Per the NYPD, The 31-year-old worker, named Johnny Pizarro, was approached at approximately 5:15 AM by an unidentified assailant who came up to the vehicle, opened the door and shot him. Reports from Citizen indicate police were notified immediately, and confirmed the shooting by 5:22 A.M. The worker was transported to local Woodhull Hospital, where he was pronounced dead on arrival at 6:00 AM.
    In the wake of the shooting, production on Organized Crime was shut down for the day. The show is currently in the process of filming its third season. The worker was employed by a private company offering security—it remains unclear if the assailant had any personal motive against the victim or whether the shooting was a blitz of random violence. No arrests have been made in the incident at this time.

“We were terribly saddened and shocked to hear that one of our crew members was the victim of a crime early this morning and has died as a result. We are working with local law enforcement as they continue to investigate. Our hearts go out to his family and friends and we ask that you respect their privacy during this time,” a spokeswoman for NBC and Universal Television shared in a joint statement, per Deadline.
    https://www.avclub.com/law-order-org...set-1849195396

Quote Originally Posted by Agent Z View Post
    Law & Order: Organized Crime crew member shot and killed while on Brooklyn set

https://www.avclub.com/law-order-org...set-1849195396
    That's horrible! I hope they catch who shot him.

RIP Johnny Pizarro.