Page 18 of 23 FirstFirst ... 8141516171819202122 ... LastLast

Wait, Peacock was showing L&O's failed spinoffs? I'd like to see Conviction again.

Invincible Member

SVU: I missed a little because I had to run down the block to pick up dinner, but saw most of it. I thought it was decent. I could be intrigued by this Bensen vs the gangs storyline depending on how it plays out. However, the identity and motivation of this week's bad guy was a little too on the nose. spoilers:
    Guy rapes deaf women because he hates his deaf mom? A character on the show even says "A little Freudian don't you think?" Exactly, plus I'm sure they've done this a few years in the past better on both SVU and Criminal Intent
    end of spoilers

OC: Pretty good. I like the set up. The stuff with Elliott and the shrink felt like padding though.

Also, on next week's preview...is Elliot criticizing someone else for going rogue? Really?

Invincible Member

SVU: Exciting but pretty hammy and melodramatic. And doesn't Benson canonically understand Spanish? Shouldn't she have know what was being said in the hospital at the beginning of tonite's episode?

Quote Originally Posted by ed2962 View Post
    SVU: Exciting but pretty hammy and melodramatic. And doesn't Benson canonically understand Spanish? Shouldn't she have know what was being said in the hospital at the beginning of tonite's episode?
    I was actually wondering about that. I was hoping she'd tell Duarte, in Spanish, that she speaks it fluently after he said what he said to the kid, but...

But yeah was pretty exciting. I like when SVU has recurring villains (though William Lewis tap-danced on my nerves). I wonder how Stabler will fit into this next week though.

Invincible Member

OC: Solid. When lady bad guy showed up at Duarte's mansion at the climax, it was kinda predictable how it was going to end. Having said that, I really enjoyed the episode. And I like that Whelan called Stabler on his bullsh*t.

Someone should actually do the same to Olivia to tell the truth...like, "Where you get off being 'miss-by-the-book'? 10 yrs ago you and your ex-partner would run off the reservation at the drop of a hat!"

Invincible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Nate Grey View Post
    I was actually wondering about that. I was hoping she'd tell Duarte, in Spanish, that she speaks it fluently after he said what he said to the kid, but...

But yeah was pretty exciting. I like when SVU has recurring villains (though William Lewis tap-danced on my nerves). I wonder how Stabler will fit into this next week though.
    Right? She should been like, "I know what you guys are saying..." I think the script could have been dialed back a little. I don't think we needed scenes like spoilers:
    Benson yelling at the rape tree.
    end of spoilers and a couple other spot where it seemed everyone was turned up to 11. I mean, I know it was supposed to be an emotional case for everyone involved, but it wouldn't have taken much to tip it over into cheese. But having said all that it definitely held my interest this week.

OC: Solid. When lady bad guy showed up at Duarte's mansion at the climax, it was kinda predictable how it was going to end. Having said that, I really enjoyed the episode. And I like that Whelan called Stabler on his bullsh*t.

Someone should actually do the same to Olivia to tell the truth...like, "Where you get off being 'miss-by-the-book'? 10 yrs ago you and your ex-partner would run off the reservation at the drop of a hat!"
    I guess I'm slow, I get it...but Organized Crime is basically "absurdist escapism", right? Unless cops go undercover with fake backgrounds repeatedly and its never discovered. Also why didn't Bernanda recognize Reyes when she followed Stabler? He really didn't try to hide his face during the fake gun drop, and she was present when he pretended to be a drunk homeless person looking for the bathroom.

Criminal Intent had a hook..."What if Sherlock Holmes worked in law enforcement in modern times in NYC?"

I remember joking that Wheatley was a James Bond villain...that probably should have been my first clue that Organized Crime is basically MI6, complete with a Brosnan-era James Bond always on the cusp of getting the boot (Stabler), if they worked in Law Enforcement in NYC.

Invincible Member

LaO:...I didn't have to work today so I was able to catch the original show of the franchise for once. I thought it was pretty good and the twist at the end caught me by surprise. However, how old was the boyfriend "Tyler" supposed to be? The girl who died was 17...the boyfriend looked like he was in his late 20's?

LaO:...I didn't have to work today so I was able to catch the original show of the franchise for once. I thought it was pretty good and the twist at the end caught me by surprise. However, how old was the boyfriend "Tyler" supposed to be? The girl who died was 17...the boyfriend looked like he was in his late 20's?
    All the L&O's tonight are reruns. NEXT week its new. But looking back in this thread, seems it was never discussed when it originally aired, oddly. It was Shaw's first proper episode (after the 3-way crossover movie).

And yeah they were both 17. But that's typical for TV, cast someone a year or two from 30 as a teenager. lol

how long has the Silas family been part of the Law & Order world?

Invincible Member

LaO: Mothership...No work today, so I got to watch the new episode. It wasn't bad, but I feel it was about some corner of Tik Tok or Instagram I'm not as familiar with as I could be..."The Content House"? Or I guess it was just satirizing social media in general? Having said that, I felt most of it felt believable.
    Last edited by ed2962; 01-26-2023 at 07:08 PM.

Invincible Member

SVU: Really good episode, the writing is picking up. But no Muncey? And please stop teasing the Elliot/Olivia ship!

Yean they're trolling Benson/Stabler shippers. No real dog in this fight (I thought they were gonna pair her with Duarte), but...I know trolling when I see it. LOL

SVU: I prefer these two new characters over Muncy. Muncy is a bad fit, which is odd cause the actress is typically great in other roles. And the new female detective might have gotten Velasco in trouble (well he technically got himself in trouble, but yeah).

The ending:
    spoilers:
    Wow its like the writers were like "fvck, how do we end this?" and we got what we got. Papa put a hit on Duarte, and then confessed to it, cause he respected Benson would do anything for her son? Wha...
    end of spoilers

Invincible Member

OC: I was afraid it was going to be cheesy, but it was solid. But it tip-toped close to Mission Impossible territory...spoilers:
    Setting up a functioning night club and Jet just happens to be a card dealer and Whelan is a convincing mixologist? Also, calling it now, new DA lady is in on the cover up.
    end of spoilers

Jet looked fine in tonight's episode.