Page 2 of 23 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast
    Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by ed2962 View Post
    They aren't the focus, but whenever I see them, I think they look out of place. Like, I've been watching reruns of the new "Hawaii 5-0" it seems like that's the type of show they should be on...attractive young-ish people doing over the top crime fighting adventures...rather than a show with 60yr Stabler getting revenge on the mob.
    I'm not getting that vibe out of any of the younger actors here. The youngins on Stabler's team are geek squad types. The sergeant is attractive but it's not being played up in any way. Maybe you're talking about the undercover but again nothing is being focused on or played up.

I watched the first two episodes of Organized Crime and just couldn't get into it. It was cool seeing Stabler back, but the plot was kind of generic and the other characters just weren't that interesting to me.

I hate that it's tying so much into SVU this season. I get it for the initial launch of OC so they can set up the show, but after that it's just kind of excessive.
    Last Read: Zatanna and the Ripper vol. 1

Monthly Pull List: Alan Scott: The Green Lantern, Batman, Batman/Superman: World's Finest, Beware the Planet of the Apes, Birds of Prey, Daredevil, Green Arrow, Jay Garrick: The Flash, Justice Ducks, Justice Society of America, Negaduck, Nightwing, Phantom Road, Shazam!, Superman '78: The Metal Curtain, Thundercats, Titans

Quote Originally Posted by Noodle View Post
    I watched the first two episodes of Organized Crime and just couldn't get into it. It was cool seeing Stabler back, but the plot was kind of generic and the other characters just weren't that interesting to me.

I hate that it's tying so much into SVU this season. I get it for the initial launch of OC so they can set up the show, but after that it's just kind of excessive.
    It might be the norm. Seems like they're setting up Elliot and Liv to be together.

The only example I can think of where there's constant crossovers between parent show and spinoff is Grey's Anatomy and Station 19. Dick Wolf may be going that route cause he might feel it guarantees longevity for OC.

Quote Originally Posted by Nate Grey View Post
    It might be the norm. Seems like they're setting up Elliot and Liv to be together.

The only example I can think of where there's constant crossovers between parent show and spinoff is Grey's Anatomy and Station 19. Dick Wolf may be going that route cause he might feel it guarantees longevity for OC.
    Early on, NCIS crossed over every so often with its offshoots. But I haven't really kept track of those the last couple of years.

Ultimate Member

I think it's pretty common for the Dick Wolf's shows to cross over. Most of the Law and Order shows have crossed over with each other as have the Chicago PD/Fire/MD shows. And SUV has crossed over with Chicago PD.

I think it's pretty common for the Dick Wolf's shows to cross over. Most of the Law and Order shows have crossed over with each other as have the Chicago PD/Fire/MD shows. And SUV has crossed over with Chicago PD.
    This heavily, though? Two crossovers (so far) this season and even the SVU episodes that aren't crossing over since the start of OC have still referenced it extensively.
    Last Read: Zatanna and the Ripper vol. 1

Monthly Pull List: Alan Scott: The Green Lantern, Batman, Batman/Superman: World's Finest, Beware the Planet of the Apes, Birds of Prey, Daredevil, Green Arrow, Jay Garrick: The Flash, Justice Ducks, Justice Society of America, Negaduck, Nightwing, Phantom Road, Shazam!, Superman '78: The Metal Curtain, Thundercats, Titans

Chicago PD kind of crossed over with the FBI show, as the one actress was on FBI at the end of last year.

I'm not talking normal crossovers though. 1, maybe 2 a year, ok. "This heavily" like noodle said, to the point its essentially one two-hour episode.

When they return in May, it'll be another crossover, this time because Benson has some new info regarding her half-brother Simon's suicide (apparently it was really murder). If Elliot is involved, somehow his murder will tie into Wheatley.

I'm not saying that's bad per se, I mean mileage varies, but there's a reason why I used Grey's Anatomy/Station 19 as the only other parent/spinoff shows doing this. Constant crossovers, same hospital, actors on both show (originally it was just Jason Winston (Bailey's husband) now its him and Stefania Spampinato).

Ultimate Member

I think it's them indulging the fans ( of course Elliot and Olivia have to meet again) and turning it into an event. It might have been interesting dramatically to do a slow build and have the crossover closer to the end of the season, but I guess they wanted to start off with a bang ( fan service wise).

Ultimate Member

Yeah, still feeling like the writing for "Organized Crime" is not bad, but not as good as it could be. Chris Meloni is better than the material he's given here. And concerning the tease for next episode...spoilers:
    The mobster's ex-wife who Elliot may be falling in love with is responsible for the death of Elliot's wife
    end of spoilers...I hope it's a fake out.

yeah the truth coming out would have made things awkward if Elliot did sleep with Angela instead of leaving.

Ultimate Member

yeah the truth coming out would have made things awkward if Elliot did sleep with Angela instead of leaving.
    Plus it's just too over the top soap opera-y.

Yeah, still feeling like the writing for "Organized Crime" is not bad, but not as good as it could be. Chris Meloni is better than the material he's given here. And concerning the tease for next episode...spoilers:
    The mobster's ex-wife who Elliot may be falling in love with is responsible for the death of Elliot's wife
    end of spoilers...I hope it's a fake out.
    spoilers:
    If it is her, it would be funny since she and the mobster have played characters on the side of law enforcement in the past.
    end of spoilers

NBC has leaked their Fall 2021 schedule ahead of the official unveiling on Monday. It will be a Law & Order Thursday as the new show Law & Order: For The Defense will air at 8pm, with SVU and the renewed Organized Crime following at 9pm and 10pm, respectively.

In case you are wondering this will give Dick Wolf control of two full nights of NBC's schedule since his Chicago shows take up all of Wednesday night.
    Beth Hart - Fire On The Floor CD Review

Beth Hart February 23rd, 2017 Boston, MA Concert Review

"I can't complain. I got to be Jim Morrison for the first half of my life, and Ward Cleaver for the second half." - Warren Zevon.

Quote Originally Posted by Deathstroke View Post
    NBC has leaked their Fall 2021 schedule ahead of the official unveiling on Monday. It will be a Law & Order Thursday as the new show Law & Order: For The Defense will air at 8pm, with SVU and the renewed Organized Crime following at 9pm and 10pm, respectively.

In case you are wondering this will give Dick Wolf control of two full nights of NBC's schedule since his Chicago shows take up all of Wednesday night.
    Fingers crossed they bring back Raul Esparza as Rafael Barba as the lead for "Law & Order: For the Defense."