Page 21 of 23 FirstFirst ... 1117181920212223 LastLast
    Invincible Member

OC: I liked the way they brought Rollins back, but at the end..spoilers:
    the montage of real life killers felt kind of tacky. And pretty arbitrary...I don't think half those guys fit the mold that Amanda was describing
    end of spoilers

Invincible Member

LaO: Ok, but I think the whole gun violence trauma thing could have been done a lot better without the Jack's daughter sub-plot.

Watching SVU for the crossover (don't normally watch). Is the Captain aways this much of a tool who always makes the wrong call?
    There came a time when the Old Gods died! The Brave died with the Cunning! The Noble perished locked in battle with unleashed Evil! It was the last day for them! An ancient era was passing in fiery holocaust!

Invincible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Kirby101 View Post
    Watching SVU for the crossover (don't normally watch). Is the Captain aways this much of a tool who always makes the wrong call?
    He's only on infrequently, but from the times I've seen him I'd say yes. He's actually kind of a cliche...you've seen some version of his character in dozens of cop shows and action movies over the last few decades.

Having said that, I'm hoping the discussion between Benson and Rollins is hinting at the possible return of the Rollins character.

Invincible Member

OC: I didn't expect to be but spoilers:
    Wylan's death kind of choked me up
    end of spoilers

Jack's daughter's daddy issue cost her client life in prison. Malpractice if she didn't present her client with the offer.
    There came a time when the Old Gods died! The Brave died with the Cunning! The Noble perished locked in battle with unleashed Evil! It was the last day for them! An ancient era was passing in fiery holocaust!

Quote Originally Posted by ed2962 View Post
    OC: I didn't expect to be but spoilers:
    Wylan's death kind of choked me up
    end of spoilers
    Yeah spoilers:
    but it was needless and pointless
    end of spoilers

Invincible Member

Yeah spoilers:
    but it was needless and pointless
    end of spoilers
    I think they're probably doing cast shake ups at SVU and OC again.

I think they're probably doing cast shake ups at SVU and OC again.
    Mostly likely. Gave the writers an opportunity to "have some fun". Which as an audience member I found needlessly melodramatic.

Invincible Member

Mostly likely. Gave the writers an opportunity to "have some fun". Which as an audience member I found needlessly melodramatic.
    That makes me think of the old LaO and Criminal Intent...sometimes a leaving actor would get a send off story, but more often it would be, "Oh so-and-so? They got transferred, here's your new partner and now here's this week's plot..."

That makes me think of the old LaO and Criminal Intent...sometimes a leaving actor would get a send off story, but more often it would be, "Oh so-and-so? They got transferred, here's your new partner and now here's this week's plot..."
    I liked that better. It let Munch come back.

Invincible Member

Sorta watching reruns of SVU on Ion, they just showed the "Gamergate" inspired episode. It's pretty funny seeing Ice-T who's obviously older than everyone in the cast explaining gaming culture to the rest of the characters. And hey...there's that Logan Paul guy!
    Last edited by ed2962; 09-09-2023 at 03:12 PM.

For those who don't know, Reid Scott is joining Original Flavor 2.0 , replacing Jeffrey Donovan.

Curious if he'll be a sergeant so he can outrank Jalen...otherwise Shaw would be the senior and new guy Reid will be the junior.

Quote Originally Posted by Nate Grey View Post
    For those who don't know, Reid Scott is joining Original Flavor 2.0 , replacing Jeffrey Donovan.

Curious if he'll be a sergeant so he can outrank Jalen...otherwise Shaw would be the senior and new guy Reid will be the junior.
    That was fast.

Quote Originally Posted by Agent Z View Post
    That was fast.
    Coincidentally I happened to bing the current season of American Horror Stories (its only 4 eps) and he was the lead in one of the stories, the one titled "Daphne". Its literally the only thing I've ever seen him in and he did a great job. I think he'll fit right in.