Page 5 of 23 FirstFirst 12345678915 ... LastLast
    Ultimate Member

Catching up with some random reruns of SUV on Ion...Nick is a real jerk.

Ultimate Member

Reruns of SUV are on in the background. They just showed the one where Elliot had to partner with Anthony Anderson in order to "teach him a lesson". It's not really...baad per se, but I had roll my eyes at the scene where Cragen explains what the audience is supposed to feel. And then there's the conclusion of the case they're working on spoilers:
    fat girl is killed by skinny girl who used to be fat herself because of self hatred?
    end of spoilers

Quote Originally Posted by ed2962 View Post
    Reruns of SUV are on in the background. They just showed the one where Elliot had to partner with Anthony Anderson in order to "teach him a lesson".
    And then Anderson joined Original Flavor L&O in its final year as a cop...but not the same character from SVU.

It's not really...baad per se, but I had roll my eyes at the scene where Cragen explains what the audience is supposed to feel. And then there's the conclusion of the case they're working on spoilers:
    fat girl is killed by skinny girl who used to be fat herself because of self hatred?
    end of spoilers
    That reminds me, around the time Olivia became the commanding officer, someone in the writing room realized "Wait a minute! SVU doesn't handle murders!" Or right around the time of the William Lewis saga. Nowadays they do everything else (S.W.A.T., hostage negotiator, etc) but murders are either absent, at the end, or right before/during a trial so you never see them work the murder.
    Last edited by Nate Grey; 09-23-2021 at 10:13 PM.

Astonishing Member

Elliott was repeatedly incompetent. Quite the phony tough guy when the rubber hit the road. I recall one where he was taken hostage by a guy with a shotgun to his back. Olivia is pointed a gun at both of them (Olivia couldn't shoot her way out of a paper bag). Elliott is feeling suicidal for a reason I can't remember but he is having some psychological poop fit. Clearly he wants Olivia to shoot him or the bad guy. Anyway, the shotgun comes clearly over his shoulder. Time to move Elliott but he just stands there in his angst. Bah.

Not the Ice-T is better. One episode a bad guy has woman with a knife to her neck. Ice has his gun out and pointed at the BG face at about one foot. Can't miss. Take the shot but no blah, blah, blah. Don't want Ice trying to save me.

Don't forget when some guy was dousing his woman friend with gasoline and Olivia loaded her gun with rubber bullets not to kill him.

Also, detectives don't lead SWAT (Emergency Services) into clearing or into the fray.

So what - it's a show. The current cast is crap compared to the older ones. Can't act.

Ultimate Member

I'm supposed to doing chores but they showed an ad for the next season of Law And Order: Organized Crime. Elliot had a beard and is going to be undercover for the next arc? I'm down for weird beard Christopher Meloni, but I'm hoping the writing is tighter than last season.

Ironically (?) I've been watching reruns of Chicago PD and this is in my mind what something called LAO: Organized Crime should have been. You have cops that bend the rules, drug cartels, corrupt city officials etc...

Voight always struck me as earlier-seasons-SVU-Stabler with a promotion. Not sure if that's changed, the last time I watched it was for that SVU crossover and later to see how they were writing out that one actress (her character took a job with the FBI I think).

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Nate Grey View Post
    Voight always struck me as earlier-seasons-SVU-Stabler with a promotion. Not sure if that's changed, the last time I watched it was for that SVU crossover and later to see how they were writing out that one actress (her character took a job with the FBI I think).
    I think the actress in real life had a problem with the guy who plays Voight and that's why she left the show.

But yeah, on the Chicago PD show in universe, people give Voight the side eye cuz he has a shady past and was brought up on charges once. I think that on LAW:OC more characters should react to Elliot the same way. Like, "You're that rage-aholic guy that that almost went to jail for killing a black kid, you're the guy that makes the police look bad!"

Quote Originally Posted by ed2962 View Post
    I think the actress in real life had a problem with the guy who plays Voight and that's why she left the show.
    This article goes into some details about why she left.
    Beth Hart - Fire On The Floor CD Review

Beth Hart February 23rd, 2017 Boston, MA Concert Review

"I can't complain. I got to be Jim Morrison for the first half of my life, and Ward Cleaver for the second half." - Warren Zevon.

Ultimate Member

So I watched the season premiere of LAO:OC, and while there were some hick-cups, I mostly enjoyed it. However, spoilers:
    what was with that scene with Bell and her old boss and I guess the Commissioner? The mob is literally in cars with guns driving to shoot up some street gang and the Commissioner's brilliant idea is to form a joint task force? What? And then it seems like they got their acts together in like an hour maybe?
    end of spoilers

And teaser for next week...ugh! I hope they're bringing up the Elliot loves Olivia thing so that they kill it off.

Extraordinary Member

Eliot's identity is known by a major crime family. So how the heck is he pulling this off again? T.V I guess.

Astonishing Member

Back to Olivia - so once again she is shocked that the system is corrupt and she swears to fight the system. I don't buy that the Feds would make a deal with murderer as that would leak in a millisecond. Even the premise of Fatso lawyer squealing in an implied manner of Prince Edward and Donald wouldn't generate this deal.

I don't buy the romance - it is so forced between Blondy and Skinny DA. Ice-T - all he does is say: Liv! Hang in there! What an easy paycheck.

Well we knew Demore Barnes (Garland) and Kat (Jamie Gray Hyder) were leaving, and that it wasn't what Hyder wanted, but apparently its the same in Barnes's case as well.

“While I know you were happy that I was here, and that I’m happy that I was here, I also know you’re sad and surprised and I am too,” Barnes admitted in an Instagram post addressed to his fans and the SVU audience. “I don’t totally know why this happened.”

I predicted the ultimate goal is put Olivia in the deputy chief position (maybe even in the chief position), this is one more step in that direction. Chief McGrath is essentially the series villain at this point (his "we'll only go after real rapes now" comment was a big neon sign for those on the fence about that), and I'm guessing however he's taken down in the end will result in another promotion for Olivia.

lol at Fake Kingpin slapping that congressman. Also, so let me get this straight, finding out the underage girl he raped aborted his child, was enough for the congressman to flip on, well, himself? "Hey, yeah I bang underage girls, but I don't believe in abortion! I'll cooperate!"

So this Velasco is basically Kat's replacement? Ok. No feelings about him either way, though I knew that belt story he told that girl was fake. Or, mostly fake, as he put it.

On to OC...

Undercover work...not sure how I feel about that. So soon after Kathy's death, and with SIX KIDS, why put himself in a position where he could get killed no matter how careful he thinks he's being?

He's the anger-issues cop who wants to beat up the suspect to get them to talk. Olivia and Kathy, separately but in tandem, calmed those impulses, but never erased them. We saw that in later seasons, and apparently it stuck when they explained where he was and what he was doing off screen in the interim. But with Kathy dead, those darker impulses are coming back. And without SVU to focus them, he has to focus them elsewhere. I bet he not only volunteered but sought out this crime family to take down. He wants to go out in a blaze of glory whether he admits it or not. He needs help not a UC assignment.

Even in a fictional environment, its not believable soooo many people have looked the other way in regards to this man. Or as in the case with OC, given him a lot of latitude. I'd like to think his work in Italy is what's superseding his time at SVU since its more recent, but...no one ever brings it up, so wtf, at least show us why so many people believe in this loose cannon. Him simply being Elliot Stabler is no longer enough. And this will they/won't they trolling the writers are doing with him and Olivia isn't a substitute for that.

The rest of the show...*shrugs* I mean it was cool seeing Mykelti Williamson in a villainous role, though I wish he was a cop instead.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by CliffHanger2 View Post
    Eliot's identity is known by a major crime family. So how the heck is he pulling this off again? T.V I guess.
    Not to mention Elliot being accused of killing a kid on TV LOL!

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Nate Grey View Post
    Well we knew Demore Barnes (Garland) and Kat (Jamie Gray Hyder) were leaving, and that it wasn't what Hyder wanted, but apparently its the same in Barnes's case as well.

“While I know you were happy that I was here, and that I’m happy that I was here, I also know you’re sad and surprised and I am too,” Barnes admitted in an Instagram post addressed to his fans and the SVU audience. “I don’t totally know why this happened.”

I predicted the ultimate goal is put Olivia in the deputy chief position (maybe even in the chief position), this is one more step in that direction. Chief McGrath is essentially the series villain at this point (his "we'll only go after real rapes now" comment was a big neon sign for those on the fence about that), and I'm guessing however he's taken down in the end will result in another promotion for Olivia.

lol at Fake Kingpin slapping that congressman. Also, so let me get this straight, finding out the underage girl he raped aborted his child, was enough for the congressman to flip on, well, himself? "Hey, yeah I bang underage girls, but I don't believe in abortion! I'll cooperate!"

So this Velasco is basically Kat's replacement? Ok. No feelings about him either way, though I knew that belt story he told that girl was fake. Or, mostly fake, as he put it.

On to OC...

Undercover work...not sure how I feel about that. So soon after Kathy's death, and with SIX KIDS, why put himself in a position where he could get killed no matter how careful he thinks he's being?

He's the anger-issues cop who wants to beat up the suspect to get them to talk. Olivia and Kathy, separately but in tandem, calmed those impulses, but never erased them. We saw that in later seasons, and apparently it stuck when they explained where he was and what he was doing off screen in the interim. But with Kathy dead, those darker impulses are coming back. And without SVU to focus them, he has to focus them elsewhere. I bet he not only volunteered but sought out this crime family to take down. He wants to go out in a blaze of glory whether he admits it or not. He needs help not a UC assignment.

Even in a fictional environment, its not believable soooo many people have looked the other way in regards to this man. Or as in the case with OC, given him a lot of latitude. I'd like to think his work in Italy is what's superseding his time at SVU since its more recent, but...no one ever brings it up, so wtf, at least show us why so many people believe in this loose cannon. Him simply being Elliot Stabler is no longer enough. And this will they/won't they trolling the writers are doing with him and Olivia isn't a substitute for that.

The rest of the show...*shrugs* I mean it was cool seeing Mykelti Williamson in a villainous role, though I wish he was a cop instead.
    Realistically, both Elliott and Olivia would have been fired years ago. At some point it seemed like every other week when they weren't roughing up suspects, they were disobeying orders, or annoying other cops who weren't in their squad.
    Last edited by ed2962; 09-24-2021 at 04:48 PM.

spoilers:
    So I guess we're throwing psychic powers into Law & Order now?
    end of spoilers